Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Post by Cactusflower »

Smurf wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

Touché, guys. So how about stopping the partisan banter now? I know I can, but I seriously doubt that you can.

I don't believe I have said anything partisan on this thread or any other for that matter. You can go back for years and I have criticized the Liberals any time they deserved it. My wife used to call me the Christy Clark hater. I definitely prefer the Liberals over the NDP as I believe any sane person would. But given a reasonable alternative to the Liberals that could change in a flash.

I believe Plecus showed his true character the way he left the Liberals and the people who voted him in. My belief is that anyone leaving a party should have to run again to even stay in parliament. This belief makes me critical and suspect to anything he does and certainly in the way he handled this case.

I'm through debating this matter with you. I'll simply agree to disagree with you, okay? Hasta luego, mi amigo!
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

the Plecas involvement is of concern to me also BUT the woodchipper etc and adding invoices to a finalized PO etc is out and out thievery and fraud
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

the Plecas involvement is of concern to me also BUT the woodchipper etc and adding invoices to a finalized PO etc is out and out thievery and fraud
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

i cant believe how blindly partisan people are - yet they deny it. if you claim there is no viable option - and you vote a certain way - that is indeed partisan. the fact that people are armchair politicians and criticize no matter who or what - doesnt mean that you dont have a partisan leaning. sports anchors call out players and teams all the time. but they still have a favorite team. its funny how people here dont just call a spade a spade. im an provincial ndp supporter and a federal liberal supporter. people should try to admit their partisanship and come out of the closet.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

burnedatstake wrote:i cant believe how blindly partisan people are - yet they deny it. if you claim there is no viable option - and you vote a certain way - that is indeed partisan. the fact that people are armchair politicians and criticize no matter who or what - doesnt mean that you dont have a partisan leaning. sports anchors call out players and teams all the time. but they still have a favorite team. its funny how people here dont just call a spade a spade. im an provincial ndp supporter and a federal liberal supporter. people should try to admit their partisanship and come out of the closet.

*Everyone* who votes will vote a certain way...by definition.
You and 71 others Like this post
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

burnedatstake wrote:i cant believe how blindly partisan people are - yet they deny it. if you claim there is no viable option - and you vote a certain way - that is indeed partisan. the fact that people are armchair politicians and criticize no matter who or what - doesnt mean that you dont have a partisan leaning. sports anchors call out players and teams all the time. but they still have a favorite team. its funny how people here dont just call a spade a spade. im an provincial ndp supporter and a federal liberal supporter. people should try to admit their partisanship and come out of the closet.

:200: Noooooooooooooooooo..... say it isn't so. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

:topic:

I agree with those who say Plecas should keep quiet. Some of what he has reported upon may well be found to be allowable and acceptable expenses. But there definetely are some questionable ones.
Whether allowable or not, I don't understand why "gifts" like expensive watches and the like would be purchased by the Clerk's office out of country? If someone visited BC and giving a gift was appropiate protocol, wouldn't it make sense to give them a gift produced or created in BC?
I don't understand why a wood splitter purchased for an emergency (idiotic idea at best even if a committee approved it) was purchased new but now shows signs of use. Employees are not allowed to use Government property for their personal use.
We also need to remember that there are some things in the report that were not made public. Were these more grievous concerns?
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Recall campaign against B.C. Speaker Darryl Plecas on hold, organizer says
Darryl Plecas
House Speaker Darryl Plecas looks on during a Legislative Assembly Management Committee meeting in the Douglas Fir room at Legislature in Victoria, B.C., on Monday, January 21, 2019. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Chad Hipolito
Scott Connorton, CTV Vancouver
Published Friday, February 15, 2019 2:58PM PST
The Darryl Plecas recall campaign is in a holding pattern, according to organizer Robin Roy.

The former Liberal Party member is behind the “BCrecall2018” Facebook page aimed at unseating B.C.'s Speaker. But after Plecas's bombshell report on legislature expenses came out in January, the campaign had to rethink its position.
Roy says there are a lot of volunteers and Liberal supporters who want to hold off on the recall push for now. “We don’t want to put name to this right now as he looks like the golden child.”

For now the support for the recall campaign has “crumbled,” Roy says.

“We are waiting for the perfect opportunity when something comes out that something hits the fan that makes him look absolutely horrible.”

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/recall-campaign-a ... -1.4299541
Chill
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

That lends itself to the idea he timed releasing information for his own political reasons. That's also supported in the response where its said he was looking for a way to avoid recall.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

The timing of the report release may have served the purpose of stalling the recall petition, but the fiscal concerns he lays out are too big to sweep under a rug me thinks. He has said he isn't running in the next election as he isn't cut out for politics. His claim is it's difficult to be able to do what one thinks is right or vote in the best interest of one's constituents or the Province because one is expected to always support the Premier and the party, no matter what.

Whether Plecas is found to be correct or not, I believe that he believes that James and Lenz were abusing the privilege of their office.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

From Piecemaker's post:

He has said he isn't running in the next election as he isn't cut out for politics. His claim is it's difficult to be able to do what one thinks is right or vote in the best interest of one's constituents or the Province because one is expected to always support the Premier and the party, no matter what.

And this is another reason why I have advocated for electing Independents and getting rid of the divisive party system.
Last edited by flamingfingers on Feb 16th, 2019, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chill
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Yes your support of various proportional representation systems that all heavily favored parties truly demonstrated your conviction to independents.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 17th, 2019, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Chill
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 17th, 2019, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 17th, 2019, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “B.C.”