Protection for witnesses

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: Protection for witnesses

Post by Cactusflower »

^^The loss of employment, including a steady paycheque, pension plan, and other benefits can be just as devastating, or even more so, than physical abuse. So if this witness security act doesn't cover white collar crime, there needs to be an amendment added to it, IMHO.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There are already resources and options for those that are simply fired.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Fancy wrote:There are already resources and options for those that are simply fired.

Link, please.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Piecemaker already explained it.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Fancy wrote:Piecemaker already explained it.

In other words, as we say in Mexico, "No se".
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That would be incorrect and I'm not sure why you're not understanding Human Resources and their role or the Employment Standards Act.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I'd like to see some references from people who have been fired without cause and were satisfied with how the government arbitrators handled it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That doesn't have anything to do with the Witness Protection program and gang related activity.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Cactusflower wrote:Okay, I'm off to the beach. I expect a few of the Okanagan Soclibs to grudgingly admit that our government did a good thing when they introduced (and passed) this Bill.

Why, if you feel this is a good thing that everyone would support, would you insist on politicizing it by saying someone would "grudgingly admit" it is good, based on their politics?
You and 71 others Like this post
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

And why do we respond to Cactus???? Let it just get fried on a Mexico beach. Ignore it and let it just talk to itself. Seriously. Let it and burned and flame have a three way conversation. Ignore the bait.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

twobits wrote:And why do we respond to Cactus???? Let it just get fried on a Mexico beach. Ignore it and let it just talk to itself. Seriously. Let it and burned and flame have a three way conversation. Ignore the bait.

^^Careful there........you might hurt someone's feelings with that kind of talk. [icon_lol2.gif]
Seriously though, it's a good Bill and it should include protection for witnesses of white collar crime as well. I'm still waiting to hear from omeone who has been a victim of unjustified loss of a job because he/she blew the whistle on his/her employer. What was the outcome?
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Cactusflower wrote:
twobits wrote:And why do we respond to Cactus???? Let it just get fried on a Mexico beach. Ignore it and let it just talk to itself. Seriously. Let it and burned and flame have a three way conversation. Ignore the bait.

^^Careful there........you might hurt someone's feelings with that kind of talk. [icon_lol2.gif]
Seriously though, it's a good Bill and it should include protection for witnesses of white collar crime as well. I'm still waiting to hear from omeone who has been a victim of unjustified loss of a job because he/she blew the whistle on his/her employer. What was the outcome?

The outcome? That lousy rat got canned and is on welfare!!! :130:
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates

Return to “B.C.”