Banned

All things Wilkinson

Post by Cactusflower »

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: All things Wilkinson

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 4th, 2019, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

he is definitely something else.....

ill never forget him on the news schlepping shamelessly as a "leader" before everyone even left penticton. meanwhile everyone lied through their teeth saying they were still backing chrispie.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

If this were actually a thread about Andrew Wilkinson (it isn't) I would point out that he's a physician, a lawyer, a Rhodes Scholar, and a decent human being. Anyway . . .
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Urbane wrote:If this were actually a thread about Andrew Wilkinson (it isn't) I would point out that he's a physician, a lawyer, a Rhodes Scholar, and a decent human being. Anyway . . .

its amazing how many titles you can get when you sell your soul and have the right connections.......
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Okay! Why not! Except shortly after, when invited to acknowledge the obvious, that he comes from the “apex of privilege” and faces an image challenge, Wilkinson choked.

“Well, that’s just a cheap crack, isn’t it?” he bristled. “When I moved to Vancouver, I had 79 cents. I had enough pasta and tomato sauce to get by and I did that until I got my first paycheque.” At which point comes your answer to the quiz at the top of this article. It was Wilkinson with the tone deaf punchline:

“So it’s a little rich to call me elitist.”

You have to feel for Wilkinson’s public image team, again defeated and sent back to the drawing board. For on that board must be scrawled all the previous times their boss had a chance to muster mammalian empathy, only to display the instincts of a Great White.

On why citizens really needn’t bother themselves about it:

“No one gets special treatment by being a campaign donor.”

On news House Speaker Darryl Plecas had arranged an investigation into alleged misspending of public funds by the Legislative Assembly Clerk and the Sergeant-at-Arms:

“There is a grave concern the speaker is out of control.”

On the investigation itself, before any of the jaw dropping findings had been made public:

“…a farce…”

On the NDP tax of 0.2 per cent on homes over $3 million:

“…class warfare…”

A decent human being? Only if you are an elitist who cares not one whit for ordinary taxpayers who pay his salary!!

If the BC Libs win the next election, bend over and grasp your ankles for more corporate government and more corporate welfare.
Chill
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Urbane wrote:If this were actually a thread about Andrew Wilkinson (it isn't) I would point out that he's a physician, a lawyer, a Rhodes Scholar, and a decent human being. Anyway . . .

Right, cause what decent human being would pass up the opportunity to represent a big tobacco company against the Province of BC? That's the job for a Rhodes Scholar, a lawyer, a physician and the future fantasy leader of the BC. [icon_lol2.gif]

wilkinson_tobacco.jpg
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

I'll say this much for the BC liberal's... when it came time to pick a leader of the opposition they couldn't have picked someone with a more established track record.

The B.C. Liberal Party's new candidate in a Vancouver riding was once the legal representative of a company controlled by controversial Chinese businessman Ni Ritao, whose broken promises regarding plans to restart a shuttered pulp mill in Prince Rupert have cost the city more than $3.5-million in legal and maintenance fees.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/br ... le8798196/

What decent human being would pass up the opportunity to represent Ni Ritao?

A corrupt Chinese tycoon, who is trying to regain control of investments in British Columbia that triggered one of the mainland's biggest economic scandals, lied to a Canadian court about his bribery conviction, legal documents obtained by the South China Morning Post reveal...

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united- ... tao-linked

Actually, upon closer examination, it turns out he's been leading the opposition in BC for longer than he's been a politician. I guess this was the next logical step in his career.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

LOL . . . as my point is proven. It wouldn't matter who the Liberal leader was . . . he or she would be the worst human being on the face of the earth . . . when your party doesn't have the policies that win elections you attack the leader of the party that does win elections. That leader is Wilkinson but it wouldn't matter who it was. When it looked like Dianne Watts might win she was crucified on here ("Almost as dumb as Christy Clark" one NDPer told us). LOL . . . carry on . . .
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Urbane wrote:LOL . . . as my point is proven. It wouldn't matter who the Liberal leader was . . . he or she would be the worst human being on the face of the earth . . . when your party doesn't have the policies that win elections you attack the leader of the party that does win elections. That leader is Wilkinson but it wouldn't matter who it was. When it looked like Dianne Watts might win she was crucified on here ("Almost as dumb as Christy Clark" one NDPer told us). LOL . . . carry on . . .

ive heard worse about the NDP. you and yours dont get to use the victim card. you are not worthy
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Lol... back at you. :130:

I don't expect you or anyone else that's faithful to the party to have much consideration for my opinion of the leader. It's obvious who "one percent Wilkinson" represents and it'll never be me.

Heck, at 52 I'm at a "fun", "wacky" time in my life... still earning my "rite of passage" after working more than full time for 32 years. If I was smart I would have been born to some professional gamblers, or a house wife that immigrated to the province back in 2001, but no, I did the hard way and paid for school, paid off the student loans that covered the tuition I couldn't afford at the time, and tried to work for a living.

My mistake.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ It's amazing what Wilkinson gets blamed for . . . LOL

Personally, I think that people should look at the policies of each party and discuss those. I don't go out of my way to paint Horgan as a terrible human being even though I don't agree with many of his policies. He's done some good things too and I've pointed those out. Sad that some NDPers feel the need to take every Liberal leader . . . Gordon Wilson . . . Gordon Campbell . . . Christy Clark . . . Andrew Wilkinson . . . and attack them personally. And here we are where I started . . . this isn't actually a thread about Andrew Wilkinson per se . . .
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:^^ It's amazing what Wilkinson gets blamed for . . . LOL

Personally, I think that people should look at the policies of each party and discuss those. I don't go out of my way to paint Horgan as a terrible human being even though I don't agree with many of his policies. He's done some good things too and I've pointed those out. Sad that some NDPers feel the need to take every Liberal leader . . . Gordon Wilson . . . Gordon Campbell . . . Christy Clark . . . Andrew Wilkinson . . . and attack them personally. And here we are where I started . . . this isn't actually a thread about Andrew Wilkinson per se . . .

ROFLMAO [icon_lol2.gif]

Did you think it would be? *removed*

I'm just surprised Christy Clark's cleavage hasn't been brought up yet. :smt045
Last edited by ferri on Mar 5th, 2019, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Oh, perhaps this is my mistake? I assumed we were talking about Andrew Wilkinson, the leader of the opposition party in British Columbia. You know, the guy that said being a renter in this day and age, in this province, is "fun" "it's kind of a wacky time of life"... "but it can be really enjoyable"... "it's a rite of passage". That's the Andrew Wilkinson I'm talking about.

Who are you talking about Urbane? Cause obviously it's not the same out of touch rambling lunatic I was watching on Hansard yesterday.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ Enjoy! Maybe Wilkinson went through a red light at 5:00 a.m. with no traffic in sight as well. These are the critical issues of our times . . . LOL

Return to “B.C.”