Pooch gets into pot.....

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
dle
Lord of the Board

Pooch gets into pot.....

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/252290 ... ot-at-park

Very happy this furry is ok....noticed his name is Dorito..... had to be destiny!
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Pooch gets into pot.....

Post by Rider59 »

dle wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/252290/Pooch-gets-into-pot-at-park

Very happy this furry is ok....noticed his name is Dorito..... had to be destiny!

I laughed at that to.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Or in my opinion more likely as nobody likes to lose their stash, the dog got in her stash at home and she said it happened at a park so she wouldn't look like a bad owner
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

common_sense_guy wrote:Or in my opinion more likely as nobody likes to lose their stash, the dog got in her stash at home and she said it happened at a park so she wouldn't look like a bad owner
I doubt that happened - we know there's been incidents at parks before and there would be no reason to lie about it. It doesn't make sense to be on the news to help spread a warning - she could have opted out of it.

Veterinarians are advising pet owners to be vigilant about their surroundings after a little Chihuahua was sickened from a possible cannabis-infused edible it ate at a B.C. dog park.

Michelle Tuan says she took her Chihuahua-cross named “Dorito” to the Leigh Dog Park in Coquitlam, B.C. on Wednesday. Several hours after the visit, Tuan said she noticed her pet behaving strangely.

“When I went to go pick him up, he was whimpering and crying out like he was injured,” she recalled to CTV Vancouver on Friday.
I can imagine how stressful that was not knowing what was going on with her pet.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/a-miserab ... -1.4349065

There is an increase in vet visits so it's another warning to make sure pets don't get into what they shouldn't.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Happened to Lily - someone flicked a roach and the scented paper I guess is what made her eat it, ( she is low to the ground) Before pot was legal , nearly 3 years ago
Had to be on IV so her kidneys wouldn't be damaged, overnight hospital stay... close to $700. It is really toxic for doggos :(
Same day I took her in the Vet had seen 6 others that week! Bigger puppers can often avoid expensive Vet bills, lil ones not so much.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

My Mastiff pup is almost 6 months old and weighs 85 lbs. The thought of him getting the munchies is terrifying.
Black Dogs Matter
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

In my opinion the real problem will be the morons who are unable to distinguish products for pets and not for pets.

Here is True Leaf, developing pet support products from hemp. Fair enough

https://www.trueleaf.com/

And then there will be morons who believe giving their dog pot is exactly the same thing.
Who wins?
The Vets.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

dogspoiler wrote:My Mastiff pup is almost 6 months old and weighs 85 lbs. The thought of him getting the munchies is terrifying.

lol - yikes, that would be the end of the retirement cottage fund!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/MJ:CN

Only .60 cents a share right now!

Not sure if Dogspoiler is ready for retirement. :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

She didn't get the munchies, just peeing all over the place and sitting/walking strangely.
But people should never get their doggos stoned
Goodness that pup you own is a Unit!
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dogspoiler wrote:My Mastiff pup is almost 6 months old and weighs 85 lbs. The thought of him getting the munchies is terrifying.

Eating a lot wouldn't bother me so much as to the urination all over the place from a big dog. But I'd be more worried about the fatal consequences.

“It can be fatal, and that’s the scariest part,” Knepper said. “High concentrations can cause respiratory suppression and low blood pressure and lead to a fatality if not treated and monitored closely. It’s dose-dependent, so marijuana ingestion can be worse for smaller dogs.”

https://www.capecodtimes.com/news/20190 ... pet-owners

Dogs don't handle pot like people and that's why it's important to get the message out there. Vets have seen an increase in visits because people are careless.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Careless and stupid.

I know someone who fed their dog chicken skin off one of those take home roasted chickens.
Their savings vanished.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I have to say I don't think it will have same effect as the process of making Kopi luwak. lol

By the way there is absolutely no way I'd ever have that coffee... ever.

Added: even though smoking pot smells like smoking sh :cuss: t
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

normaM wrote:Happened to Lily - someone flicked a roach and the scented paper I guess is what made her eat it, ( she is low to the ground) Before pot was legal , nearly 3 years ago
Had to be on IV so her kidneys wouldn't be damaged, overnight hospital stay... close to $700. It is really toxic for doggos :(
Same day I took her in the Vet had seen 6 others that week! Bigger puppers can often avoid expensive Vet bills, lil ones not so much.

Sorry but I think this is not true. I believe your dog ate something to make it ill, but it was unlikely to be a roach. MJ is rarely if ever fatal to dogs in doses magnitudes larger than a roach. I don't care how small the dog is.......a roach would never require IV etc or damage the kidney's. I would be looking for a new vet.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Return to “The Pet Lounge”