Widow evicted from home

W105
Guru

Re: Widow evicted from home

Post by W105 »

seems to me that only one side of the story (hers) is being told here...the comment that I posted from another website makes me believe she is not telling the entire truth..
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

W105 wrote:seems to me that only one side of the story (hers) is being told here...the comment that I posted from another website makes me believe she is not telling the entire truth..

So is it simply a comment, or an actual news story?

Also since you implied that I'm lazy, I'll just say that if I knew what other site you were referring to, I'd go check it out myself, but I don't.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Urban Cowboy wrote:
W105 wrote:seems to me that only one side of the story (hers) is being told here...the comment that I posted from another website makes me believe she is not telling the entire truth..

So is it simply a comment, or an actual news story?

Also since you implied that I'm lazy, I'll just say that if I knew what other site you were referring to, I'd go check it out myself, but I don't.

I cannot find it, either. If it’s not in writing, it never happened.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

it's a comment made by someone UrbanCowboy, just like I said it was...and it's not the only comment like that being made..

we are apparently only hearing one side of this story and it's hers and apparently it's not completely true..
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

There's two sides to every story for sure, but one thing over a decade on the web has taught me, is not to put too much stock into random internet comments.

I'd prefer a reporter got both sides of the story.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

I fully agree..I wish the reporter would have given both sides of the story...as for the comments that I have read about it, they seem to be very detailed and some of the people making them know her and the entire situation...hence me thinking that her story is not completely truthful...and that's about all I say about it since I don't know her and I don't know anything about the WFN Housing Program..
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Brass Monkey wrote:
Queen K wrote:Judge Denis Hori is out to lunch.
Evicted from her home. Someone gets her house.
Then she's going to RENT on WFN land?
Wt actual :cuss: ?

The rules are there for a reason, so that over time we may not lose WFN land parcel by parcel to people who moved here, it was not her house either, from what I gather she and her husband were only 3 years along a 25 year finance plan with the band. Nobody just gets her house, they have to go through the same program.

Somebody has a bead line on her house. Period.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Hmmmm, I've now read the other article, and the information provided is insufficient. There is plenty of hearsay coming from the peanut gallery below the article in the comments, though.

We still do not have two sides of the story, just a bunch of yakkity yaks yakking-off.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Queen K wrote:
Somebody has a bead line on her house. Period.

That is absolutely not true. I got the WFN newsletter saying they will be taking another round of applications for the allotment. The simple fact is that she is not a WFN member so she is not entitled to WFN benefits. The same deal was made for my family, if my mother would pass away, my dad would lose the house, if my grandma would pass away, my grandpa would lose the house. Do not make assumptions about things you do not understand.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Why would she have not applied for a transfer to this band? BrassMonkey's Grandpa, too?
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

kgcayenne wrote:Why would she have not applied for a transfer to this band? BrassMonkey's Grandpa, too?

I am not sure why they don't do it, my Grandpa is non-native but he married my grandma before 1986 so he is eligible for retro-active Indian status. He is fine and he is comfy, their house is paid off so if my grandmother passes before him then it will likely go to one of his daughters who are WFN members and they would let him live there until his time comes. My dad however is a status indian from Vernon and I have never understood why he never transferred, probably because its an issue of loyalty. I don't think the WFN makes it particularly easy to transfer either.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald

Return to “B.C.”