Murders/Missing people

Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Murders/Missing people

Post by Hurtlander »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#261627

It’s been on all the MSM that two cops have come from Australia to help with the investigation. I’ve been told that the RCMP aren’t too happy about that.. the help wasn’t requested, plus it'll make it a media gong-show.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Murders

Post by OKkayak »

Seeing that the Australian victim's father is a cop back home, I'm not surprised they'll be sending someone up.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

OKkayak wrote:Seeing that the Australian victim's father is a cop back home, I'm not surprised they'll be sending someone up.

They are all professionals and as such should have no trouble navigating their way through the presence of officers from New South Wales.....
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Different police forces coordinate investigations and the RCMP have done more than their share. FBI, Scotland Yard never mind all the local ones province wide. This one should go smoothly.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

It'll go smoothly if the RCMP lay down the ground rules in advance. All releases to the media will go through the detachment in Fort Nelson, and not from the Australian guys. It does seem a little over the top for cops from Australia to come all the way up here. Do they do this when a civilian is murdered in any foreign land? I don't think so.

And I imagine some RCMP members feel that the Australians think that they are superior and will come up here and make sure the RCMP don't mess up.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Apparently it is his father, the Inspector from Australia and two others who have come here. I doubt the RCMP would have a problem dealing with an immediate relative despite his authority in Australia.
Chill
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

My condolences to victims Families and Friends.

Hopefully they catch this murderer and receives absolute maximum consecutive life sentences.
Almost forgot, no early parole
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

bob vernon wrote:It'll go smoothly if the RCMP lay down the ground rules in advance. All releases to the media will go through the detachment in Fort Nelson, and not from the Australian guys. It does seem a little over the top for cops from Australia to come all the way up here. Do they do this when a civilian is murdered in any foreign land? I don't think so.

And I imagine some RCMP members feel that the Australians think that they are superior and will come up here and make sure the RCMP don't mess up.

It’s his father....they didn’t come here for the :cuss: of it.....reading does wonders.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

A very sad and useless murder. Now the search begins as to what caliber hunting weapon was used like a rifle?. Now down a ways below this a male body is found and no mention as to what his demise was caused by. And not far from his body is found a truck burning on a bridge. So the questions on this scene is was this male alone, how did he die and is the burning truck a DNA destruction attempt?. If it was a suicide he would have done it at the pullout and not set the truck on fire at the bridge but at the pullout. So the big question is was this male [Hunter?] alone and if he was not who was with him?. Has this body something to do with the two murders not too far away?. You would be right to assume the Police are asking these same questions and the reason for his death also.
Iamme
Board Meister

Post by Iamme »

daveandanne wrote:A very sad and useless murder. Now the search begins as to what caliber hunting weapon was used like a rifle?. Now down a ways below this a male body is found and no mention as to what his demise was caused by. And not far from his body is found a truck burning on a bridge. So the questions on this scene is was this male alone, how did he die and is the burning truck a DNA destruction attempt?. If it was a suicide he would have done it at the pullout and not set the truck on fire at the bridge but at the pullout. So the big question is was this male [Hunter?] alone and if he was not who was with him?. Has this body something to do with the two murders not too far away?. You would be right to assume the Police are asking these same questions and the reason for his death also.

In a story Global posted on Twitter, 20 minutes ago, police say the two incidents are not connected.

The last paragraph in the story stated “Police also said Sunday the death of a man found near a burning vehicle south of the Stikine River Bridge on Highway 37 Friday is not connected to the couple’s death.”
Bullying is not acceptable and cowardly. You know who you are.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

Thanks for the update about the other man that died near Dease Lake. We all just guess at things as news is withheld and is under investigation so we assume much until the truth is told to us later. So the bad side of this is the killer, or killers are still on the loose and we all are in danger. As to the Tow Truck driver not being let near the rear of the vehicle there are many reasons and some of them concern whether the gas tank was drilled previously or the fuel line pinched both which could have been done at a previous stop and then followed to the scene. All of this is just speculation as we do not know much of the details.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

Now we hear two youths are missing from the burnt out truck near Dease lake on the bridge. And no one is saying how the man at the pullout died or who he was and if he is connected to the truck. He is not one of the missing teens though. Something very odd going on there in that area as the teens were supposed to be going North to Whitehorse and not South to Dease Lake. Now the question is did their truck pass the murder of the two at Liard and did they get taken by the killer or killers?.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

Now they have found another body and two teens are missing north of there and their truck was found burned out. It sounds like there is a serial killer on the loose. If I was there I would form a posse and start patrolling the highway.
bigtimeoperations
Board Meister

Post by bigtimeoperations »

This is totally scary how this is unfolding. The Stewart-Cassiar Highway is 700km through a very remote, and magnificent, part of the province. Very sparsely populated. Hardly even a highway at all, there are still long unpaved stretches. Would be a perfect place for a serial killer to prey on someone. The murders near Liard Hot Springs were on Highway 97, so a far busier highway, but still in the middle of nowhere.
Don't Vancouver our Kelowna!

Return to “B.C.”