Thursday, April 17th11.7°C
21417
21588

Wearing the Niqab in Court

Canada topics.

Moderators: Jo, ferri, Merry, Triple 6

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby Roadster » Dec 26th, 2012, 9:07 pm

Might wanna read the title again CA,,, Wearing the niqab in court. The answer is in the way our courst have ran for how many years already, we dont have to change that if people want the benifits of a fair trial whether they be the accused or the accuser.
If I won the lottery I would take each and every one of you to a secluded island in the sea for the biggest party you have ever known. One way. Those of you who love me when you find your way back would be my friends.
User avatar
Roadster
Time waster at work
 
Posts: 37495
Likes: 475 posts
Liked in: 533 posts
Joined: Mar 21st, 2009, 8:57 am
Location: Sleeping in yer motorhome, kinda nice in here but could you change the sheets on the beds soon? :D

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby kibbs » Dec 26th, 2012, 9:28 pm

Might wanna read the title again CA,,, Wearing the niqab in court. The answer is in the way our courst have ran for how many years already,

I find this so funny how people post a topic and expect only people who agree with their opinion to post on it ,like it had a subliminal "whites only sign".We did many things for hundreds of years till we evolved.Get your wife a veil and tell her how mysterious she looks wearing it .order some Chinese and open bottle of french wine . If things get wild try page 69 of the Kama Sutra
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
User avatar
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2943
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 30th, 2012, 9:04 am

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby grammafreddy » Dec 26th, 2012, 10:17 pm

grammafreddy wrote:I like other cultures' food and music and art stuff. I like their clothing and their architecture, too (especially the gold onion domes and fancy plasterwork).

Captain Awesome wrote:Well, you can't expect "good things" come in without some "not so good". You can't tell people - "Well, bring your food, but the way you dress - leave at home. Also, your music is annoying, so do us all a favor, and stop listening to it not to offend us. But your paintings are cool, hang them up." Doesn't work that way, really.

Besides, the new immigrants are citizens of this country just like yourself, they can do whatever they want, we don't have classes - first class citizens who lived here for a while and second class citizens who just joined us and are not allowed to express themselves and have to listen to how first class citizens tell them to behave.


I get what yer saying, CA.

Tell ya what ... how about you force your kicking and screaming wife into an involuntary certain butcher job with a ragged razor blade on her private parts and after she has it done, we'll talk again. Deal?

That's cultural - not religious - and it happens in Canada now.

Like I said, there's culture and then there's culture - some traditions are acceptable and some are not.
______________________________________________________

If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed. -- Mark Twain

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
 
Posts: 28272
Likes: 1960 posts
Liked in: 690 posts
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby Captain Awesome » Dec 26th, 2012, 11:17 pm

grammafreddy wrote:Like I said, there's culture and then there's culture - some traditions are acceptable and some are not.


Sure. I just don't get bent out of shape about what people wear. But you feel free to do so.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 22123
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 988 posts
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 5:06 pm
Location: The United Colonies of The Lizard People

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby Roadster » Dec 27th, 2012, 12:20 am

Captain Awesome wrote:
Sure. I just don't get bent out of shape about what people wear. But you feel free to do so.


But you should when it comes to our legal system, we change it for one woman and next thing another is involved in a murder and we cant see her facial or body language when she is testifying on the stand so how could we convict her fairly?
This niqab arguement happened in Florida ever a woman wanting to wear it for her licence picture,,, thats not right. Dont wanna show your face for your licence then dont drive.
This has to stop before we have all kinds of people wanting to wear a cover of some kind while taking the stand in court. Good for one, good for all. Nothing to do with one's religion. Wear it all you want once your done your day in court.
If I won the lottery I would take each and every one of you to a secluded island in the sea for the biggest party you have ever known. One way. Those of you who love me when you find your way back would be my friends.
User avatar
Roadster
Time waster at work
 
Posts: 37495
Likes: 475 posts
Liked in: 533 posts
Joined: Mar 21st, 2009, 8:57 am
Location: Sleeping in yer motorhome, kinda nice in here but could you change the sheets on the beds soon? :D

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby kibbs » Dec 27th, 2012, 5:16 am

about you force your kicking and screaming wife into an involuntary certain butcher job with a ragged razor blade on her private parts and after she has it done, we'll talk again. Deal?

is this the ritual before or after temple.i dont think the general Muslim population would agree with that either .no more than we agree with a drunk white male beating down on his yappy wife . it happens everyday in all cultures .you see violence against woman .men and children in all cultures.The difference is in Canada if they are caught they are punished.By blending cultures we save many woman .the only reason you even know about these things are because the have been caught and tried.The media only shows the worst .no one is trying to talk us into changing our cultures ,just accepting theres. After the French and English finished fighting we formed a nation in opposition to the american uni-culture.To bring our cultures together and take the best of each.Not to paint us all with one brush.i believe in our founders ideals .America is waiting for you if you are without tolerance.
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
User avatar
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2943
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 30th, 2012, 9:04 am

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby grammafreddy » Dec 27th, 2012, 10:53 am

kibbs wrote:is this the ritual before or after temple.i dont think the general Muslim population would agree with that either .no more than we agree with a drunk white male beating down on his yappy wife . it happens everyday in all cultures .you see violence against woman .men and children in all cultures.The difference is in Canada if they are caught they are punished.By blending cultures we save many woman .the only reason you even know about these things are because the have been caught and tried.The media only shows the worst .no one is trying to talk us into changing our cultures ,just accepting theres. After the French and English finished fighting we formed a nation in opposition to the american uni-culture.To bring our cultures together and take the best of each.Not to paint us all with one brush.i believe in our founders ideals .America is waiting for you if you are without tolerance.


Boy, you assume a lot, don't you?
______________________________________________________

If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed. -- Mark Twain

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
 
Posts: 28272
Likes: 1960 posts
Liked in: 690 posts
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby kibbs » Dec 27th, 2012, 11:31 am

Boy, you assume a lot, don't you?


no i base my opinions on my knowledge.i listen and read to even what does not agree with my beliefs,i was raised racist in a small rural community.only when I left the confines of the narrow thinking and open my mind to the truth, was i able to change and love all my brothers and sisters of the world.Forgiveness is at the heart of our culture.
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
User avatar
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2943
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 30th, 2012, 9:04 am

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby logicalview » Dec 27th, 2012, 12:51 pm

kibbs wrote:.America is waiting for you if you are without tolerance.


What's with all of the America hatred? If you really want to go somewhere without any tolerance, then Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are the places for you.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of fecal matter by the clean end.
User avatar
logicalview
Guru
 
Posts: 6816
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 370 posts
Joined: Feb 6th, 2006, 4:59 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby Treblehook » Dec 27th, 2012, 3:32 pm

I agree with the notion and principle that immigrants coming to this country ought to be able to retain their cultural values and practices, and that with very few exceptions, these add to our society. I disagree with any notion that any immigrant or immigrant group ought to be able to impose their cultural beliefs and practices on anyone else once they have arrived in Canada. Christians should be able to practice their religious rites and ceremonies unmolested and without criticism from others; Muslims and other faiths can practice theirs, while enjoying the same freedom, and so on. Our current suppression of "Merry Christmas" is a perfect example of going from the sublime to the ridiculous. I wonder what the reaction would be if Canadian Christians were to object to any outward evidence of Ramadan? The way it should be in this country is pretty simple. Our leaders ought to have an official government policy that states: "This is the way it is folks. You are welcome to move to our country to become citizens; you are welcome to observe your cultural and religious practices [as long as they don't violate the rights of others or violate our laws], but you must not impose your beliefs or practices on any other citizens."
User avatar
Treblehook
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 939
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 114 posts
Joined: Jan 17th, 2011, 2:10 am

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby kibbs » Dec 27th, 2012, 8:54 pm

America hatred

i love america ,its a great place to visit.I just think Canada is the best country on earth .were just to modest to admit it.
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
User avatar
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2943
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 30th, 2012, 9:04 am

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby Roadster » Dec 27th, 2012, 11:22 pm

kibbs wrote:i love america ,its a great place to visit.I just think Canada is the best country on earth .were just to modest to admit it.

agreed and we probably have about the best justice system too (altho our murders and rapest could do more time in cells then they do), so lets keep it that way.
If I won the lottery I would take each and every one of you to a secluded island in the sea for the biggest party you have ever known. One way. Those of you who love me when you find your way back would be my friends.
User avatar
Roadster
Time waster at work
 
Posts: 37495
Likes: 475 posts
Liked in: 533 posts
Joined: Mar 21st, 2009, 8:57 am
Location: Sleeping in yer motorhome, kinda nice in here but could you change the sheets on the beds soon? :D

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby kibbs » Dec 27th, 2012, 11:47 pm

murders and rapest could do more time in cells then they do), so lets keep it that way.

24/7 of oprah until they rehabilatate
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
User avatar
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2943
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 30th, 2012, 9:04 am

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby GenuinelyInterested » Dec 28th, 2012, 6:27 am

murders and rapest could do more time in cells then they do), so lets keep it that way.

kibbs wrote:24/7 of oprah until they rehabilatate


That would be considered "Cruel and Unusal" punishment.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister
 
Posts: 668
Likes: 9 posts
Liked in: 33 posts
Joined: Dec 17th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Re: Wearing the Niqab in Court

Postby kibbs » Dec 28th, 2012, 6:42 am

Cruel and Unusal" punishment.

bleeding heart make them pay!but seriously .lets get deep into their heads and mess with it while they are a captive audience.more head shrinkage.
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
User avatar
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2943
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 30th, 2012, 9:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests