Monday, September 22nd15.1°C
23284

BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Canada topics.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby Static » Feb 15th, 2013, 6:50 am

Good luck Spocky . Learn to read financial statements and you will realize it will take very few phone sales to make decent profits.
Static
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3395
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Nov 11th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby twobits » Feb 15th, 2013, 8:53 am

Static wrote:
:coffeecanuck: OK, OK, your investment acumen shined today, Mr.2BitMBA. The fact that you share the opinion of an Analyst (most likely MBA'ed as well), working for one of the largest banks in the euro, who "... :sunshine: has a Hold rating on BBRY stock, and an $8 price target", provides ample evidence of your investment brilliance...NOT! :dyinglaughing: Please, Mr.MBA, why would you have a Hold on a 14 dollar stock you expect to fall to $8? :dyinglaughing:

:nyah: :ohmygod: :sadist: bad dog....go to bed


Hold also means don't sell yet Mr PJ bedroom trader. Like myself, he probably see's a few more points in this dog before it tanks. Oh, should your prolific use of emoticons be viewed as a sign of immaturity or just lack of anything real to say?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

If we could just tax "stupid", there would be no government deficit
twobits
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3753
Likes: 97 posts
Liked in: 482 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby Static » Feb 15th, 2013, 9:56 am

twobits wrote:Hold also means don't sell yet Mr PJ bedroom trader. Like myself, he probably see's a few more points in this dog before it tanks. Oh, should your prolific use of emoticons be viewed as a sign of immaturity or just lack of anything real to say?


:coffeecanuck: Good try and trying to redeem yourself. I dont thinks so. He would have stated he expects an uptick. But, he didnt because he is a typical "professional" Analyst who does not disclose his track record because it sucks.

I am still waiting for you to explain the financial statements to me, Mr. MBA. Maybe once you are able to actually interpret them, you will see the value in the stock. Anyways, until then, I will happily work from home, able to enjoy the sunny Vancouver day when I want and how I want, while your life passes you by in office. :sillygrin: :nyah:
Static
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3395
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Nov 11th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby Spocky » Feb 15th, 2013, 10:00 am

Static wrote:Good luck Spocky . Learn to read financial statements and you will realize it will take very few phone sales to make decent profits.


I can read just fine, thank you very much. Few phone sales. Yup, that's exactly what BlackBerry is gonna do. Decent profits, maybe in their dreams. Their implosion will make Nortel look like a thriving business. SPOCKY HAS SPOKEN. NOW LAY YOUR PROSTATES AT MY FEET! :dyinglaughing:
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
User avatar
Spocky
Fledgling
 
Posts: 252
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Dec 19th, 2012, 11:37 am

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby Static » Feb 15th, 2013, 10:21 am

Spocky wrote:I can read just fine, thank you very much. Few phone sales. Yup, that's exactly what BlackBerry is gonna do. Decent profits, maybe in their dreams. Their implosion will make Nortel look like a thriving business. SPOCKY HAS SPOKEN. NOW LAY YOUR PROSTATES AT MY FEET! :dyinglaughing:



:bump: Based on their financials, please explain where youn see few phone sales and where the majority of losses have been recorded. Secondly, you are talkng trash talk about sales of the new phone is unfounded considering they refuse to release any details and hints except via their quarterly results.

How people can compare Nortel is beyond me. But, I would love to an educated explanation from you (I somehow beleive that you will not be able to).

Time will prove you wrong, and you will be walking away with your tail between your legs. :nyah:
Static
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3395
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Nov 11th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby Static » Feb 15th, 2013, 2:28 pm

"In Canada, yesterday was the best day ever for the first day of a launch of a new BlackBerry smartphone. In fact, it was more than 50% better than any other launch day in our history in Canada," said Thorsten Heins, President & CEO of BlackBerry. "In the UK, we have seen close to three times our best performance ever for the first week of sales for a BlackBerry smartphone."
Static
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3395
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Nov 11th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby Spocky » Feb 16th, 2013, 4:45 am

Static wrote: :bump: Based on their financials, please explain where youn see few phone sales and where the majority of losses have been recorded. Secondly, you are talkng trash talk about sales of the new phone is unfounded considering they refuse to release any details and hints except via their quarterly results.

How people can compare Nortel is beyond me. But, I would love to an educated explanation from you (I somehow beleive that you will not be able to).

Time will prove you wrong, and you will be walking away with your tail between your legs. :nyah:


http://allthingsd.com/20130215/survey-questions-stamina-of-blackberry-z10s-strong-start-in-canada-u-k/

Deutsche Bank’s Brian Modoff recently surveyed 60 BlackBerry carrier stores in the U.K. and Canada and found no sell-outs in the former, and a few in the latter that may have been driven by poor inventory. “In Canada, many stores reported being sold out of the Z10 and the sales force was well-versed on the device’s attributes; however, a few representatives told us that they did not receive a large initial inventory,” Modoff said. “In the U.K., the sales force was better-versed on the feature sets relative to the week prior; however, no stores were sold out. … We think the initial signs of this launch do not indicate the strong sales we would like to see.”

Looks like BlackBerry is adopting Ballmer's brilliant policy. Give each store one or two Surface Pros and then acclaim that they sold out!

IMHO:

BlackBerry is DeadBerry. Enjoy reading your financials and living in your world of fantasy. :dyinglaughing:
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
User avatar
Spocky
Fledgling
 
Posts: 252
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Dec 19th, 2012, 11:37 am

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby LANDM » Feb 16th, 2013, 8:25 am

Static wrote:"In Canada, yesterday was the best day ever for the first day of a launch of a new BlackBerry smartphone. In fact, it was more than 50% better than any other launch day in our history in Canada," said Thorsten Heins, President & CEO of BlackBerry. "In the UK, we have seen close to three times our best performance ever for the first week of sales for a BlackBerry smartphone."

To rely on this is hilarious. Do you realize that one of blackberry's mistakes was the market deluge of dozens of models of new phones with minor differences? If a company couldn't claim the best first day launch after such an extended wait for a single model release (I believe they were talking about the z10 only) then it would be truly pathetic. Especially compared to when they would release a new variation on a phone every month in the past.
LANDM
Übergod
 
Posts: 1633
Likes: 37 posts
Liked in: 209 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby Glacier » Feb 16th, 2013, 9:49 am

"We only had 2 or 3 people lined up outside our doors this morning. I was expecting a lot more. By comparison, with Apple's launch we saw a large crowd gathered at the door when we opened."
~ Kelowna retailers commenting about the Blackberry launch.
"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants."
User avatar
Glacier
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16465
Likes: 343 posts
Liked in: 1308 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby Static » Feb 16th, 2013, 9:58 am

Spooky, using RIM financial please explain to me how they will disappear like Nortel. Secondly, inclduing LANDM, have you considered that Deutch Bank may be shorting the stock? It is obvious you are clueless how the investment industry works.

Last but nor least, I can find media storys that contradict the ones you post (see below). All these stories are uselss. It is the financials that matter. I beleive they will continue to see an improvement.

http://www.brandchannel.com/home/post/2013/02/15/BlackBerry-Popularity-Mobile-Launch-021513.aspx

http://blackberryrocks.com/2013/02/15/blackberry-sales-records-broken-bb-10/

http://blackberryrocks.com/2013/02/15/blackberry-sales-records-broken-bb-10/

http://www.jagsreport.com/2013/02/blackberry-bbry-analysts-weekly-ratings-changes/

"■BlackBerry had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank. They now have a $8.00 price target on the stock. :dyinglaughing: Hold with a lower price target. Must be an MBA. :dyinglaughing:
■BlackBerry had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a $9.00 price target on the stock. :9923: Proper recomedation considering their price target. Obviouslt I disagree and they are looking like morons since the stock is in an uptrend.
■BlackBerry had its “sector perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at RBC Capital. They now have a $18.00 price target on the stock. :nyah:
■BlackBerry had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group. They now have a $19.50 price target on the stock. :nyah:
■BlackBerry was upgraded by analysts at Wells Fargo from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. :nyah:
■BlackBerry was upgraded by analysts at Citigroup from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $19.50 price target on the stock, up previously from $12.00. :nyah: :sillygrin: "

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1183321-is-blackberry-finally-back-in-the-game?source=google_new

Here is a good one, "Blackberry Z10 is Crushing iphone, Galaxy 3, and Note 2" http://www.thegadgetmasters.com/2013/02/14/blackberry-z10-is-crushing-iphone-5-samsung-galaxy-siii-and-note-ii-in-customer-satisfaction/

http://www.brandindex.com/article/blackberry-back-race

Blackberry: Simple reasons to go Long: " It should also be noted that a recent poll by YouGov Brand Index shows that interest in the BlackBerry BB10 platform has skyrocketed in the U.S. A recent poll by Canada's Globe and Mail suggests that up to 2.6 million BB10 phones could be sold in Canada alone."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1188301-blackberry-simple-reasons-to-go-long?source=google_news

The list oges on and on. But, like I said, it is all heresay until the financials are released in March. I can't wait because all the naysayers who cannot think for themselves and unable to read financial statements will look even more ridiculous. :nyah:
Static
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3395
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Nov 11th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby LANDM » Feb 16th, 2013, 10:12 am

Static wrote:Spooky, using RIM financial please explain to me how they will disappear like Nortel. Secondly, inclduing LANDM, have you considered that Deutch Bank may be shorting the stock? It is obvious you are clueless how the investment industry works.
...blah blah...


It's really fascinating how you resort to saying how "obvious" it is how clueless others are when they present alternate opinions or replies to your postulations. Firstly, you have now idea how "clueless" I am on how the investment industry works. You have no idea what I have or have not considered in this matter, and you are replying based on my valid comment on the first day model release comment by the CEO of the company.
Now, I'm confident that this will generate a vitriolic reply on how great you are and how stupid the rest of the universe is, but you must realize that what you put forward as fact is simply your opinion. I certainly give you the notion that your opinion is based on whatever research you have done on rim for your investment strategy but, what you forcefully put forward as a certainty is far from being that. There is much water to flow under the bridge before it hits $40 or whatever you had stated as a certain price.
LANDM
Übergod
 
Posts: 1633
Likes: 37 posts
Liked in: 209 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby Static » Feb 16th, 2013, 10:30 am

LANDM wrote:It's really fascinating how you resort to saying how "obvious" it is how clueless others are when they present alternate opinions or replies to your postulations. Firstly, you have now idea how "clueless" I am on how the investment industry works. You have no idea what I have or have not considered in this matter, and you are replying based on my valid comment on the first day model release comment by the CEO of the company.
Now, I'm confident that this will generate a vitriolic reply on how great you are and how stupid the rest of the universe is, but you must realize that what you put forward as fact is simply your opinion. I certainly give you the notion that your opinion is based on whatever research you have done on rim for your investment strategy but, what you forcefully put forward as a certainty is far from being that. There is much water to flow under the bridge before it hits $40 or whatever you had stated as a certain price.


Quit your talking and give me your analysis on the financial statements. Explain how the investment business works as well while you are at it. Avoiding these questions does nothing for your credibility btw. :sillygrin:

Edit to add: What type of water is to flow under the bridge before it hits $40. All that is required is positive sales and improved financials which there will most likely be (I am 99.9% sure of this). People forget that they slashed $1b of expenses off their budget which should make the company profitable without the new phone.
Static
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3395
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Nov 11th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby LANDM » Feb 16th, 2013, 2:48 pm

Static wrote:Quit your talking and give me your analysis on the financial statements. Explain how the investment business works as well while you are at it. Avoiding these questions does nothing for your credibility btw. :sillygrin:

Edit to add: What type of water is to flow under the bridge before it hits $40. All that is required is positive sales and improved financials which there will most likely be (I am 99.9% sure of this). People forget that they slashed $1b of expenses off their budget which should make the company profitable without the new phone.


And playing bedroom investment tycoon has not garnered any investment credibility for you......I'm not the one pumping a stock here.
I know you require the explanations you ask for above regarding how the investment business works, but I will leave that up to you to figure out on your own.
As for the water that is to flow under the bridge, you stated it above, in addition to requiring a renewed faith in the company by the investment community so that they can dig themselves out of the hole that they ended up in.
It's evident why you have to do things the way that you do, from your interaction here with others. You make your statements and when someone doesn't pander to them, you simply call people names and tell them to quit talking. Btw, for whatever reason that you dragged me into your general comments, you actually didn't respond to the valid comment that I made regarding the first day sales claims. Instead, it was the usual "nobody knows anything but me" nonsense.

The fact is, and I have said it in this thread before, I want rim to succeed. I have used their products for years and still do. Canada needs their success rather than their failure. However it requires more than your meaningless statement that it shall be so, because I have said it shall be so.
LANDM
Übergod
 
Posts: 1633
Likes: 37 posts
Liked in: 209 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby Static » Feb 16th, 2013, 4:21 pm

LANDM has his grumpy pants on today. :purefury: Bedroom investment tycoon? I call it a home base business. Since you cannot debate te topic in an educated manor, there is no need for you to be here. :sillygrin:


What is to discuss regarding the first day sales? It is all here say until the financials are released. As I pointed out before, it is useless because both sides can find opinions and garbage surveys by useless brokers. Anyone can say they did their own surveys. But, do you really think employees are allowed to discuss how many sales their employers made? It is all garbage. Like is aid before, the financials will prove you wrong.
Static
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3395
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Nov 11th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Postby Static » Feb 16th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Glacier wrote:"We only had 2 or 3 people lined up outside our doors this morning. I was expecting a lot more. By comparison, with Apple's launch we saw a large crowd gathered at the door when we opened."
~ Kelowna retailers commenting about the Blackberry launch.


Iphones are toys. Blackberry's are tools. People who have tools do not line-up outside of stores. Kelowna is a small town, I wouldn't base opinions on The retailers there.
Static
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3395
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 20 posts
Joined: Nov 11th, 2008, 5:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests