M-103

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: M-103

Post by Merry »

This controversy surrounding M-103 is really about freedom of speech and when (if ever), that freedom should be curtailed. An article published in the Washington Post back in 2012 discussed the subject very well, is still relevant today, and is worth a read (regardless of which side of the debate you're on).

The much-misconstrued statement of Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes that free speech does not give you the right to shout fire in a crowded theater is now being used to curtail speech that might provoke a violence-prone minority. Our entire society is being treated as a crowded theater, and talking about whole subjects is now akin to shouting “fire!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... e49e7eea1f

I urge you to read the article - it's very thought provoking.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

FreeRights wrote:Wow, great attempt at taking Trudeau's words out of context. His response was actually 7 minutes long.

Cut out the ahhhs, ummmms, errrrrs, and all you have left is:

“You’re not allowed to call ‘Fire!’ in a crowded theatre and call that free speech.” – Justin Trudeau

Could have saved us 6 minutes and 58 seconds if he were mentally competent enough to form a simple sentence.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lets call m-103 what it is, a racist bill
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bold

Post by bold »

So if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it it's a in fact a duck! but potentially I cant state true facts?!

Last edited by ferri on Feb 23rd, 2017, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed youtube link
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#189698 starting all ready,so much for freedom to criticize
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bold

Post by bold »

Sooner people realise that this 'topic' is not even a religion as such the better. Faith is only a part of it, the rest is a socially engineered society (your controlled, submit and accept) with its own laws and customs that seriously conflict with western society in a very SERIOUSE way. Only thing I agree with them on is to pay no interest on money!

I have seen with my own eyes in the UK wear I am from. Where ever this has taken a strong foot hold, this so called peaceful religion separates off from normal law abiding society, they DO NOT integrate one inch, they want their host to submit to their ideology's, whilst the host continues to fund their existence. Police have residential areas where they fear going, these people stand in their residential streets where they live, they attempt to stop the infidel from entering 'their' street with homes now fully occupied only by (I will repeat my self again ) a peaceful religion of peace. This is not densely spread but it is spread thinly across the UK in larger towns/cities and is growing.

The media will not even dream of touching these stories. Ever heard of Rotherham sex scandal? this is one of many things enriching experiences that come with this peace. Any one who practises this so called religion word for word truly believes non believers (infidels) men must chose to submit or die, I cant mention their intention for women and children who are non believers.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bold wrote: Ever heard of Rotherham sex scandal? .

Most people haven't, because of course, the media didn't want to cover it.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/697583 ... ictims-CSE
Today an investigation by this website lifts the lid on the shocking scale of abuse still going on in Rotherham, two years after a landmark report into the scandal ruled police and council workers had ignored the issue for fear of being branded racist.

Professor Alexis Jay's astonishing probe revealed at least 1,400 girls were groomed by sex gangs between 1997 and 2013, and unearthed a series of scandalous failings by local authorities.

A recent follow-up report, published by Professor John Drew in March, concluded that the police are now “adequately” tackling child grooming and that historic failures had been “isolated”.

But testimony, pieced together from independent sources, paints a starkly different picture of the authorities’ response.

A number of people who gave evidence to Professor Drew’s inquiry expressed open dismay at his findings and told us the grooming of girls is as bad now as it has ever been.

And many have told Express.co.uk of their outright anger the police and local council workers have not done more to crack down on the grooming gangs.

One victim, who we have called Ellie to protect her identity, said: "Raping of white girls by these men is still going on. Some, I know, have had to wait months before they're even asked to give a statement [to the police]. It's shockingly bad still."

A perfect example of the destructive nature of political correctness, and why it should never be allowed to counter-mand the law. Just disgusting that these people were frozen into inaction out of fear of being branded "racists" by leftist boneheads. No different than the media, German police and government trying to cover up the mass sexual assaults by migrants in Cologne. "Nothing to see here".
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
A perfect example of the destructive nature of political correctness, and why it should never be allowed to counter-mand the law. Just disgusting that these people were frozen into inaction out of fear of being branded "racists" by leftist boneheads. No different than the media, German police and government trying to cover up the mass sexual assaults by migrants in Cologne. "Nothing to see here".

The vast majority of people who don't think like I do on this topic often claim "White people rape and murder too" when I try to bring incidents like this up.

As if that somehow excuses it or signifies that there isn't a bigger problem out there. It's rather odd.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fvkasm2x wrote:
The vast majority of people who don't think like I do on this topic often claim "White people rape and murder too" when I try to bring incidents like this up.

Yes. I know. It's like a Pavlov dog reaction. Any sort of members of a minority group are caught doing something bad, and it's immediately not about those people and the bad stuff they are doing, but it is suddenly all about making sure that this entire minority group isn't "seen in a bad light", and "white people are just as bad you know". Just immediate deflection rather than choosing to look at reality.

My response to this way of thinking is - if there was a ring of evil white pedophiles operating in Rotherham, would the police and town council be frozen into inaction for fear of being labeled racists? Of course not. So let's focus on the real problem here. Political correctness standing in the way of people doing the right thing. And that's a real problem. So let's deal with it, rather than talking in circles.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Yes. I know. It's like a Pavlov dog reaction. Any sort of members of a minority group are caught doing something bad, and it's immediately not about those people and the bad stuff they are doing, but it is suddenly all about making sure that this entire minority group isn't "seen in a bad light", and "white people are just as bad you know". Just immediate deflection rather than choosing to look at reality.

My response to this way of thinking is - if there was a ring of evil white pedophiles operating in Rotherham, would the police and town council be frozen into inaction for fear of being labeled racists? Of course not. So let's focus on the real problem here. Political correctness standing in the way of people doing the right thing. And that's a real problem. So let's deal with it, rather than talking in circles.

I mentioned it in another thread a while back...

But when I was living in South Korea, white North Americans had a HUGE bias against them by many South Koreans. Basically, we were all labeled as drunk idiots who want to take advantage of their women and cause problems. The reputation was so bad, that I was actually refused service in some places, just because I was white.

But guess what? The worst behaved people I encountered overseas (except of course aside from when I was spit on or actually physically assaulted just for being white) were easily drunk white guys (usually Americans).

It's easy for people to just cry racism, but sometimes the shoe fits. When I was refused service, I didn't get mad. I actually thought they had a point I couldn't deny. There are a lot of drunk white guys who ARE *bleep* overseas (and of course, everywhere).
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

stereotypes are sterotypes for a reason, the fbi uses it to catch criminals and yes it works great-its called profiling and it works great
Last edited by the truth on Feb 24th, 2017, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Again I will ask as I have in other threads on other topics, how many of you who are spending time posting on here about how wrong you think M-103 is have taken a minute to write or talk to your MP and the Prime Minister and tell them your feelings. It might not do any good but it has much more chance than just complaining on here. We should get in the habit of doing this and maybe if a government thinks they might loose some of those all important votes they might think more about some of these things. It seems to me that a lot of this crap gets as far as it does because the squeaky wheel gets the grease and these people are doing all the squeaking. Time we get on the bandwagon and let ourselves be heard.

Two good letters for today. M-103 and people crossing the border illegally.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Parliament can’t simply demand people feel good about Islam

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... bout-islam

There are several problems with the House of Commons private members’ motion 103 on “systemic racism and religious discrimination.” It is based on the assertion that there is a “need to quell” an “increasing public climate of hate and fear” and, implicitly, that the Parliament of Canada has the ability to “quell” it. I believe all of these premises are mistaken. I don’t believe that any such climate as the MP who presented the motion, Iqra Khalid (Liberal, Mississauga-Erin Mills) believes, exists. One of the greatest sociological changes in this country in my now rather lengthy recollection is the very pronounced reduction in racial, sectarian, philosophical, gender, and sex-orientation prejudice. Vast numbers of immigrants from all over the world have generally been very whole-heartedly received in Canada and their collective contribution to the maturation and enrichment of the country is almost universally acknowledged. I know of no other country, except possibly Australia, that has accepted such comparatively large numbers of people from the most varied countries of origin so equably.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Terris
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Terris »

FreeRights wrote:
Terris wrote:In this case, I suggest that it is perfectly normal and right to have a phobia towards a "religion" with such a violent history.

Have you read the Old Testament? If we're going to turn this around and permit people to be "phobic" of violent religions, then let us include all of the religions with a violent history.

I agree that this motion is unnecessary, and not because it's going to enable Muslims to bring Shariah Law into Canada (because that's simply an outright lie).

Yes; I have read the old testament, several times...

I have also read about the history of Islam.

The Quran is basically a rip off of several ancient texts, including the Bible.

The difference between Christianity (not the Catholic version) and Islam is that Jesus Christ lived as a man of peace who has inspired millions to live the same way.

Christianity has evolved and eliminated the original violence as fomented by the Catholic Church by splintering in the varieties of Christian sects we see today.

Muhammad was not a man of peace. He was a self declared warrior, warmonger and murderer of 10's of thousands of his own people. The violent rift between followers of Islam continues today as represented by the rift between the Sunni and Shiite forms of Islam.

Old testament stories of the wrath of God fall more into an ancient aliens version of history (my opinion) rather than any religious aspect and these events occurred long before Christianity or Islam emerged.

Not the same comparison to what M-103 represents here and now...
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Interesting, yet very relevant point. Why is Trudeau calling the shots on a private member's bill? It's up to the MP that brought it forward to make the decisions on content, not Justin. Could it be this isn't a private member's bill after all, and it's just Trudeau's way of lying to us about what it really is - Liberal legislation from the prime minister's office? I think so.

It may be one of Ottawa’s worst kept secrets that Justin Trudeau’s office is behind M-103 which is supposedly a private member’s motion. When Conservatives asked the Liberal Member of Parliament who is nominally responsible for the motion to change it, she indicated that it could only be changed if she were allowed to amend it by Justin.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “Canada”