BYD to build EV trucks in Canada

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

BYD to build EV trucks in Canada

Post by maryjane48 »

BYD Co., the Chinese electric-vehicle maker backed by Warren Buffett, plans to open its first assembly plant in Canada, anticipating a surge in demand for electric trucks from municipalities and businesses.

http://business.financialpost.com/trans ... -in-canada
alanjh595
Banned

Re: BYD to build EV trucks in Canada

Post by alanjh595 »

The 1st two paragraphs from the above noted link.

BYD Co., the Chinese electric-vehicle maker backed by Warren Buffett, plans to open its first assembly plant in Canada, anticipating a surge in demand for electric trucks from municipalities and businesses.

BYD, often described as China’s Tesla, will open the plant next year in Ontario and hire about 40 people to start, BYD Canada spokesman Ted Dowling said in a phone interview. The Shenzhen-based company has decided to “significantly” accelerate its investment in Canada as growing demand for electric vehicles and provincial tax incentives create a more welcoming environment than the U.S. in the short-term, he said.

I have highlighted, in RED, the most predominate and important facts/faults with that article.
Bring back the LIKE button.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

great, how much is this debacle going to cost Canadian taxpayers, to build vehicles no one wants or needs?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Site C had better be approved, to keep all these new EV vehicles on the road. And to provide the necessary charging stations needed for them.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Queen K wrote:Site C had better be approved, to keep all these new EV vehicles on the road. And to provide the necessary charging stations needed for them.

Why?you cant generate your own power ? What we need is the courage to stop destroying the earth
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

maryjane48 wrote:
Queen K wrote:Site C had better be approved, to keep all these new EV vehicles on the road. And to provide the necessary charging stations needed for them.

Why?you cant generate your own power ? What we need is the courage to stop destroying the earth

Done that yet MJ? Figured out that is just snake oil and you got hosed yet?

You go right ahead and throw $30,000 into Elon's bank account. He needs it, Tesla has never made a profit, just a giant pyramid scheme, so you go ahead and feed the bottom of the pyramid for Elon.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

maryjane48 wrote:

No, not everyone can do what my acquaintances are doing in LC, with their newly installed solar panels, generating their own power when it's sunny. I don't have the roof alignment I'd need to do so. So I'd have to hope to plug in my EV or hybrid into a grid that is still left operating once thousands of people also plug in.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:No, not everyone can do what my acquaintances are doing in LC, with their newly installed solar panels, generating their own power when it's sunny. I don't have the roof alignment I'd need to do so. So I'd have to hope to plug in my EV or hybrid into a grid that is still left operating once thousands of people also plug in.

When or if I do move over to a vehicle that does not use fossil fuel to operate, most likely to be a fuel cell vehicle.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:Why?you cant generate your own power ? What we need is the courage to stop destroying the earth

I agree, we need the courage to tell all of the idiots that support solar and wind to stop destroying the earth. Their agenda is disgusting!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

MJ what should we use to generate our own electricity? Dirty solar and just forget the environmental problems created when mining the necessary minerals and the building of the panels, replacing them and getting rid of the old ones. I guess it's okay with you when it's not in your own back yard. Do you even realize we all live in the same world. What do you propose all the people that rent, own condominiums etc do when they can't even have a system. Think about the real world before you continuously make stupid statements.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

This chart shows the percentage of rentals for Canada

http://rentalhousingindex.ca

30% of all households probably cannot have solar because they do not own the property they live in. What do you propose they do. They could always go without just like you. Think about the real world when you think about things like this.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Love reading the comments from the truly desperate hypocrites that try to shove their utopian world down everyone's throats. Add to that, more than likely could never afford to live in the world they want................actually, these tree hugging zealots want everyone else to pay while they continue to live in their parents basements. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]........................oh god my stomach hurts from laughing so much from their comments............. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 19th, 2017, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic

Return to “Canada”