The Girl Who Cried Wolf

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: The Girl Who Cried Wolf

Post by Glacier »

Fancy wrote:Like I posted - it wasn't through the coat never mind that it didn't happen and there has been no indication the whole family was involved.

There are definitely indications the whole family was involved. For one, the 11 year old either has an IQ of 180, or she was heavily coached to state what she said. No 11 year old would be able to state without several rehearsals such fine details about the case and without contradicting herself.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Rjamer
Übergod

Post by Rjamer »

Lets do the right thing here.. Our PM ,Justin believed this lie and was was quick to jump on the politically correct band bandwagon and call a Canadian man a "Coward" for this non attack on this liar ..,There are many hate crime hoaxes ,, this is similar to a one in Louisiana ... Apparently there is a law against these hoaxes.. Now that it has been determined that a REAL crime has been committed, that of PUBLIC MISCHIEF under Sect. 140(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada, Toronto Police should continue to investigate this case and press criminal charges against those responsible. After all, a crime is a crime is a crime, regardless of the sex, age, or ethnicity of the "suspect(s)."
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Glacier wrote:There are definitely indications the whole family was involved. For one, the 11 year old either has an IQ of 180, or she was heavily coached to state what she said. No 11 year old would be able to state without several rehearsals such fine details about the case and without contradicting herself.
You are speculating and, again, you have no way of knowing whether the "whole family" was involved, coaching or not.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Rjamer wrote:Lets do the right thing here..

It has already been determined there will be no further investigation and no charges will be forthcoming. Age is a factor.

“She’s only 11, it’s not like she can be charged with criminal mischief,” a police staff sergeant said at the time.

http://nationalpost.com/news/toronto/un ... ack-on-her

Victoria Talwar, an expert on children's social-cognitive development at McGill University, said it's common for children to lie but those are more often "little fibs" than big lies with serious consequences.

Though she said she could not comment on this case, Talwar said children tend to lie for the same reasons as adults: to avoid negative consequences, for personal gain or to appear more likeable, among others. And sometimes those lies backfire, she said.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/8073 ... to-police/
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

This morning on the Current, a CBC national radio program, the host was interviewing a female spokesperson from the muslim community who had been only too happy about all the publicity received (all negative for non-muslim Canadians) across the globe.

That is, until the truth was revealed and the backlash of people on public forums, letters to editor, call in shows, etc. suddenly brought dismay, revulsion and a fervent wish by the interviewee that the media tap could now be turned off, soon! What was being said is not what she wanted to hear.

It seems she was caught entirely off guard by the outrage exhibited.

There was not one word of apology that crossed her lips about the stain on Canada's worldwide reputation, the uproar this incident caused, nor even a nod to the muslim community who were also upset about this nonsense.

This program can be heard on podcast.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/danielle-s ... mg00000002

I have a comment. What a complete load of crap. We owe her an apology for not remembering she is a child? Who said I forgot? Speak for yourself Danielle, you imbecile. I don't owe this kid an apology and neither does anyone else. Hard to believe someone actually gets paid to dream up this drivel. We are so doomed.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

last time i checked when kids lied when i was a kid you got in s..t,let alone a huge lie like this, maybe jt should give her family $$$$$$ for the whole misuderstanding :swear: :cuss: :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

j watson wrote:I have a comment. What a complete load of crap. We owe her an apology for not remembering she is a child? Who said I forgot? Speak for yourself Danielle, you imbecile. I don't owe this kid an apology and neither does anyone else. Hard to believe someone actually gets paid to dream up this drivel. We are so doomed.
It is an opinion piece - everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:last time i checked when kids lied when i was a kid you got in s..t,let alone a huge lie like this, maybe jt should give her family $$$$$$ for the whole misuderstanding :swear: :cuss: :cuss:

We don't know what happens behind closed doors and this family wouldn't open theirs for the follow up.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I'm not sure we owe her anything. At age eleven most all of us knew the difference between the truth and a outright lie. We were taught telling lies was not acceptable. Maybe in the culture she came from it is perfectly OK to call wolf. Maybe her mother should apologize to all that she failed in her parenting. Nothing held back here, that young girl is very intelligent by what I viewed and we owe them nothing!

If anything send them back to the country the came from , I'm tired of this BS. We the 99 percent must change, so they feel welcome, P-OFF.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Ken7 wrote:If anything send them back to the country the came from , I'm tired of this BS. We the 99 percent must change, so they feel welcome, P-OFF.

Really? Send someone back that's been here for 25 years? Because her daughter lied? And the public does not know why.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:
the truth wrote:last time i checked when kids lied when i was a kid you got in s..t,let alone a huge lie like this, maybe jt should give her family $$$$$$ for the whole misuderstanding :swear: :cuss: :cuss:

We don't know what happens behind closed doors and this family wouldn't open theirs for the follow up.

well they had no problem opening up there door too --lies did they--
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:well they had no problem opening up there door too --lies did they--

Might want to reword it to make sense. An 11 year old girl told a tall tale for reasons unknown. Amazing how so many want to tar and feather the whole family without knowing all the details.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

I liked Thomas Martin's comment: "I say leave this young person alone. Surely she has enough on her plate learning subservience and modesty and trying to remember all the items of clothing that she (but not her brothers) must wear."
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan

Return to “Canada”