thou shalt not kill

Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Re: thou shalt not kill

Post by Brass Monkey »

dogspoiler wrote:Drinking and driving, going off the road and getting a flat.
Trying to break into a truck at the neighbors farm.
Going onto the Stanley's farm, entering a pickup, trying to start an ATV, assaulting the wife, refusing to leave when ordered, running into another vehicle.
It seems to me that the intruders were totally responsible for causing this incident.

Drinking and driving doesn’t warrant execution.
Getting a flat tire doesn’t warrant execution.
Breaking into a vehicle doesn’t warrant execution.
Hitting another vehicle doesn’t warrant execution.
Even assaulting someone doesn’t warrant execution. (The wife of Stanley was not assaulted, Stanley thought she had been run over on her lawn mower but obviously that never happened)
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Brass Monkey wrote:
dogspoiler wrote:Drinking and driving, going off the road and getting a flat.
Trying to break into a truck at the neighbors farm.
Going onto the Stanley's farm, entering a pickup, trying to start an ATV, assaulting the wife, refusing to leave when ordered, running into another vehicle.
It seems to me that the intruders were totally responsible for causing this incident.

Even assaulting someone doesn’t warrant execution. (The wife of Stanley was not assaulted, Stanley thought she had been run over on her lawn mower but obviously that never happened)
Attachments
F6788BEB-1FF6-4810-BF6E-6F2A4969D91B.jpeg
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

And the term "execution" isn't correct either.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Brass Monkey wrote:

The last time someone was executed in Canada was December 11, 1962. Execution no longer exists in Canada.
You aren't thinking clearly and your opinion is based on emotion not reality.
Someone has to say it.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Verum wrote:
Fancy wrote:And Stanley didn't intend to hurt anyone.

That's the basis that he was acquitted, but lots of people believe otherwise, and the fact is that nobody has yet explained how the gun went off if he did not intend to fire it. People have called it a freak accident, but such is generally not acceptable as casting reasonable doubt. Otherwise, one could claim that by freak accident one heard yes instead of no, repeatedly.

I believe that this case deserves a lot of expert attention to determine why things went the way they did and if justice was served or not. The peanut gallery shouts of support on both sides are a distraction from this and will likely prevent further improvements to our legal system.

Full transcript of judges instructions
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/full-transcript-of-judges-instructions-to-colten-boushie-jury-put-yourself-in-a-jurors-shoes

This information was brought up about hangfire. It is quite plausible and reasonable IMO given the condition of the last casing. Hangfire is common enough for many shooters to have experienced it, and common enough for modern weapons to have recoil detection for it. The bulging casing would explain it. His ammo and gun were old. Why would this be the only casing with a bulge in it? Obviously something went weird like combustion without projectile movement.

“Hang fires are less common with more modern ammunition and more common although still very rare with older ammunition that may have been stored in less than ideal conditions.

The defence called two witnesses who experienced hang fires of several seconds. One gentleman told us his recollection of what happened when he was shooting gophers 40 years ago on the farm with a .22. Another man using army surplus ammunition said he experienced a delay of approximately seven seconds when target shooting with a Soviet-made semi-automatic rifle.

There was also reference made to the fact that government gun safety regulations recommend that after a misfire one should wait 30 to 60 seconds before extracting the bullet. The publication was filed as a court exhibit.”
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Brass Monkey wrote:

See this is where you need your racism to create a new story that wasn't real.

Drinking and driving doesn’t warrant making a criminal some twisted hero
Getting a flat tire doesn’t warrant making a criminal some twisted hero
Breaking into a vehicle doesn’t warrant making a criminal some twisted hero
Hitting another vehicle doesn’t warrant making a criminal some twisted hero
Even assaulting someone doesn’t warrant making a criminal some twisted hero

The color of his skin does not warrant making him into a twisted hero.
buckland
Fledgling

Post by buckland »

I find it amazing how people posting on this story have little knowledge about what this trial was about. I blame the media for this problem since they are sharing their own biases in the case by omitting parts of the trial that does not jive with their views or in some cases giving erroneous misleading information. Most of the media reports are from sources who were not even in the area of the court. Example: This morning, on CBC daybreak South, Mr. Walker informed us that Boushie was a teen. In actual fact he was 22.
I found this article from the Battleford paper that should help people get better aquainted with the facts of the case.
http://www.newsoptimist.ca/opinion/colu ... 4A5GB.gbpl
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The article is an opinion piece and all of what is mentioned has been posted already.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Maybe I just see things differently.
If I had a flat tire out in the middle of nowhere, no spare,
no jack, etc.(it'll never happen)
The last thing I would be doing is attempting to steal stuff from the only
source of help.
A couple beeps of the horn to notify presence, a friendly hello, and ask for
help from there.
Way too easy....Oh, drunk, dang, maybe a ride into to town then, come back for the
disabled vehicle later.
Still too easy ? Ah the heck with it, let's make bad things worse by
screwing with stuff that ain"t ours !

I don't understand why people have to be so blatantly stupid.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you are correct on all counts, safe to say these punks were looking for trouble and found some,sad but true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Brass Monkey wrote:.... (The wife of Stanley was not assaulted, Stanley thought she had been run over on her lawn mower but obviously that never happened)

That contradicts the facts:

Jackson did attack Sheldon's mother and Gerald Stanley's wife Leesa who, by the time of the shooting, was also at the SUV.

"I punched her," said Jackson of the aftermath of the shooting.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon ... -1.4513789
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Fancy wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:.... (The wife of Stanley was not assaulted, Stanley thought she had been run over on her lawn mower but obviously that never happened)

That contradicts the facts:

Jackson did attack Sheldon's mother and Gerald Stanley's wife Leesa who, by the time of the shooting, was also at the SUV.

"I punched her," said Jackson of the aftermath of the shooting.

This may be the witness who could not keep her story straight.

She said Sheldon emerged from the farmhouse with a long gun in his hands while his father went into a garage, came out with a handgun and went to the SUV and fired two shots at Boushie's head.

All in all a sad story for all.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Brass Monkey; what do you say to the fact that you stated that Mrs. Stanley wasn't assaulted in light of the fact that she was, an admission by the girl who hit her?

Let me answer for you; "doesn't make any difference. These guys weren't looking for trouble. They weren't there to hurt anybody and Colten Boushie was executed by a white man using a white mans gun loaded with white mans ammunition."

You don't seem to want to be bothered with the facts. Only your view matters.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Removed due to possible erroneous statements and suppositions.

In other words BM, I shot my mouth off without all the facts.
Last edited by mexi cali on Feb 20th, 2018, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

See this is where you need your racism to create a new story that wasn't real.

Drinking and driving doesn’t warrant making a criminal some twisted hero
Getting a flat tire doesn’t warrant making a criminal some twisted hero
Breaking into a vehicle doesn’t warrant making a criminal some twisted hero
Hitting another vehicle doesn’t warrant making a criminal some twisted hero
Even assaulting someone doesn’t warrant making a criminal some twisted hero

The color of his skin does not warrant making him into a twisted hero.[/quote]

I not once made even any attempt to insinuate that Colten was a hero. He wasn’t a candidate for execution either. We don’t even execute child molesters in this country but we justify shooting Colten because he was trespassing and MAY have caused harm.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald

Return to “Canada”