Ont PCparty in crisis ?

Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Ont PCparty in crisis ?

Post by Bigjohn69 »

According to Caroline it is .She wants Brown to bow out.

thestar.com Logo
NewsQueen's Park

PC party in ‘crisis,’ says Caroline Mulroney
Leadership hopeful calls on Patrick Brown to ‘do the right thing’ and leave the race, calling the ongoing chaos ‘distractions’ that hurt the party.

PC leadership candidate Caroline Mulroney said controversies are jeopardizing the Ontario PC party's chances of winning the June election.
PC leadership candidate Caroline Mulroney said controversies are jeopardizing the Ontario PC party's chances of winning the June election. (KRIS RUSHOWY / TORONTO STAR)
By KRISTIN RUSHOWYQueen's Park Bureau
ROB FERGUSONQueen's Park Bureau
ROBERT BENZIEQueen's Park Bureau Chief
Fri., Feb. 23, 2018
The Ontario Progressive Conservative Party is in “crisis,” leadership candidate Caroline Mulroney warned Friday as she called on Patrick Brown to do “the right thing” and leave the race amid new revelations his personal finances are being probed by the province’s integrity commissioner.

Brown, the discredited former leader of the party — who resigned hours after allegations of sexual misconduct against two young women surfaced — was turfed from the PC caucus but nonetheless given the go-ahead last week to seek his old job

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark ... roney.html
Cactusflower
Banned

Re: Ont PCparty in crisis ?

Post by Cactusflower »

Bigjohn69 wrote:According to Caroline it is .She wants Brown to bow out.

thestar.com Logo
NewsQueen's Park

PC party in ‘crisis,’ says Caroline Mulroney
Leadership hopeful calls on Patrick Brown to ‘do the right thing’ and leave the race, calling the ongoing chaos ‘distractions’ that hurt the party.

PC leadership candidate Caroline Mulroney said controversies are jeopardizing the Ontario PC party's chances of winning the June election.
PC leadership candidate Caroline Mulroney said controversies are jeopardizing the Ontario PC party's chances of winning the June election. (KRIS RUSHOWY / TORONTO STAR)
By KRISTIN RUSHOWYQueen's Park Bureau
ROB FERGUSONQueen's Park Bureau
ROBERT BENZIEQueen's Park Bureau Chief
Fri., Feb. 23, 2018
The Ontario Progressive Conservative Party is in “crisis,” leadership candidate Caroline Mulroney warned Friday as she called on Patrick Brown to do “the right thing” and leave the race amid new revelations his personal finances are being probed by the province’s integrity commissioner.

Brown, the discredited former leader of the party — who resigned hours after allegations of sexual misconduct against two young women surfaced — was turfed from the PC caucus but nonetheless given the go-ahead last week to seek his old job

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark ... roney.html

But isn't this simply par for the course with the PCs? Just look at the mess in Alberta. They had to join up with the Tea Party........oops, I mean the Wild Rose party, in order to stand a chance of ever getting re-elected there. The only political party that's worse then the UPCs is Harper's CPC, IMHO.

And are they seriously going to get behind Mulgucci's daughter? Sheesh! That whole slate of candidates reeks of past disasters.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

The Ontario Liberals have been in power for way to long. Ontario has always been good at rotating the mattress, it’s time for another rotation but the PC’s are messing up.
Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Post by Bigjohn69 »

It is brown that is messing up .it is like oj running for president at this point.If brown goes away pc have a chance ,if he insists on staying in they are sunk
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Bigjohn69 wrote:It is brown that is messing up .it is like oj running for president at this point.If brown goes away pc have a chance ,if he insists on staying in they are sunk

How is Brown like OJ in any way? Does this make Kathleen Wynne Charles Manson?
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Feb 23rd, 2018, 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
But isn't this simply par for the course with the PCs? Just look at the mess in Alberta.

I agree there is a mess in Alberta, just like there is a mess in BC. Any province that has the NDP in power is in a mess. Mostly because the NDP are imbeciles.

They had to join up with the Tea Party........oops, I mean the Wild Rose party, in order to stand a chance of ever getting re-elected there.

They have more than a chance, they are the favorite by a mile. But I will give Notley credit. Standing up to the brainless unelected boobs in BC must have given her a bump in the polls.

The only political party that's worse then the UPCs is Harper's CPC, IMHO.

I'd say that there's a few parties much worse, like Jagmeet's NDP, Drunken Lizzie's Greens, and of course Prince Vapid JT's Liberals. But as you same, it's IMO.

And are they seriously going to get behind Mulgucci's daughter? Sheesh!

I think it's spelled "Mulroney".

That whole slate of candidates reeks of past disasters.

Name one?
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Feb 23rd, 2018, 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Bigjohn69 wrote:It is brown that is messing up .it is like oj running for president at this point.If brown goes away pc have a chance ,if he insists on staying in they are sunk

Well, if Trump could run for Prez and win, it wouldn't surprise me if OJ became the next POTUS. But I'm not going to get into US or Ontario politics. I have enough trouble keeping up with the antics out here in B.C. :biggrin:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

The Ontario Progressive Conservative Party is still very much in the driver’s seat when it comes to the upcoming provincial election, despite a tumultuous past few weeks and not having an official leader, a new poll shows.

The PCs would receive 38 per cent of the vote if an election were held tomorrow, an Ipsos poll conducted exclusively for Global News shows. That’s up two points since a similar poll in December.

The Liberals would get 29 per cent, while the NDP would get 26 per cent. Eighteen per cent of respondents are undecided, the poll notes.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4037303/onta ... tion-poll/

How is there anyone in Ontario still dumb enough to vote for Kathleen Wynne?
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Should be interesting. Brown has now launched a law suit against CTV.

I doubt the media giant refused to retract their story without solid evidence that it was accurate.

Accuracy/truth is the defence for libel.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

my5cents wrote:Should be interesting. Brown has now launched a law suit against CTV.

I doubt the media giant refused to retract their story without solid evidence that it was accurate.

Accuracy/truth is the defence for libel.

Sad, that one rotten apple can cause such damage to the whole political party. Canada needs progressive, thoughtful thinkers.
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

His course of action at the time the accusations came out just didn't seem to be the course an innocent person would take.

With the law suit, if CTV is as confident as they seem, they must be pretty confident that they acted on good information.

Everything will come out, in court.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

my5cents wrote:His course of action at the time the accusations came out just didn't seem to be the course an innocent person would take.

With the law suit, if CTV is as confident as they seem, they must be pretty confident that they acted on good information.

Everything will come out, in court.

Ontario politics....ugh!
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Brown campaign claims its internal polling shows he's gaining support in the Ontario PC leadership race

http://nationalpost.com/news/patrick-browns-internal-polling-suggests-he-may-be-taking-lead-in-ontario-pc-leadership-race

Return to “Canada”