Liberals have no plan

Snman
Übergod

Liberals have no plan

Post by Snman »

....or clue it would seem at times, but this is about plans or lack thereof.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Dan-in-Ot ... ave-a-plan

Anyway, where is all that money going? It's a large chunk of change.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Liberals have no plan

Post by hobbyguy »

Snman wrote:....or clue it would seem at times, but this is about plans or lack thereof.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Dan-in-Ot ... ave-a-plan

Anyway, where is all that money going? It's a large chunk of change.

That's Dan being partisan.

Dan knows full well that infrastructure program spending is notoriously difficult to plan and forecast, as it depends on joint arrangements with provinces and municipalities.

Dan sometimes puts forward some good stuff, but not this time - he is just chucking peanuts. He should leave that to the masters of peanut chucking - the know nothings in the NDP/LEAP. It doesn't look good on him.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Now I feel dumb.... :runforlife:
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

hobbyguy wrote:
That's Dan being partisan.

Dan knows full well that infrastructure program spending is notoriously difficult to plan and forecast, as it depends on joint arrangements with provinces and municipalities.

Dan sometimes puts forward some good stuff, but not this time - he is just chucking peanuts. He should leave that to the masters of peanut chucking - the know nothings in the NDP/LEAP. It doesn't look good on him.

AS they do, however we are a couple years in, shouldn't the plans be forming a bit better by now? I know the Fed liberals are feeling more like the BC NDP/LEAP but the budgets without a plan really are getting annoying overall.

However I do grant you that those projects are notoriously more difficult to plan, but even having a few tagged as intentions would be helpful and at least have optics that reduce the ability for "peanut chucking"

If you asked me where my money was going for the next year......I could cover most of it, we are being asked to be give faith....yet again I will concede most people likely couldn't tell you where there $$ go for the next year.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Well, a good example is the rapid transit for Surrey.

1 year ago:

Gregor Robertson was chairing Translink and was against Surrey's light rail. The BC Liberals are in power and they don't get along with bicycle Gregor. Little chance it is going anywhere.

Then the BC NDP usurp power... who knows??? what position they will take on it.

Then Gregor is out and demovictions Derek moves in, and he is against it.

Then demovictions Derek announces it is a go! With both provincial and federal funding.

So a year ago, you say no, don't plan on that. 6 months ago, you say no don't plan on that. Then a week ago, suddenly you do plan on that.

I'm sure if you delve into local politics across the country where infrastructure money goes, you would find projects that looked good - and died, and vice versa.

It is one of things that is always fuzzy... and with an election coming in Ontario... who knows? what projects will come out of that.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Did you not see the house footage, they were speaking of spending large sums of money on infrastructure. When pressed as to where the 1.6 Billion was going the Liberal fellow said they were buying some buses for a City in Alberta. The opposition said ok, so these 9 buses I believe it was are costing 1.6 Billion, is that where your spending all the money...it was a joke.

They have no plan in effect and they are *bleep* money out the pockets of tax payer like there is no tomorrow. It is sad so many Canadians failed to see though these jokers.

https://www.facebook.com/PatrioticDad/v ... 401376192/

I satnd corrected is was 180 billion plus dollars. Red Deer is getting new buses.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

https://news.gov.bc.ca/factsheets/bc-transit-improvements-under-the-public-transit-infrastructure-fund

"In June 2016, B.C. led Canada by becoming the first province to sign the Public Transit Infrastructure Fund agreement with the federal government, showing our commitment to invest in public transit communities throughout British Columbia.

Under the first phase of the fund, BC Transit-served communities outside Metro Vancouver will benefit from almost $160 million in federal and provincial funding for priority projects.

The Government of Canada’s 2017 budget made a further commitment to invest an additional $500 million in BC Transit projects under the second phase of the fund, which the Province will match, dollar for dollar – totalling over $1.2 billion in available funds for transit improvement projects that can be undertaken over the next 11 years. Phase 2 projects have not yet been identified."

You can read the specifics further in that post.

So yes, there is a plan, but it is bottom up from the provinces and municipalities as it should be, which makes it a bit fuzzy while those entities get their act together.

There is a lot more if you care to dig. Like this one: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-federal-transit-funding-1.4192796

Return to “Canada”