Some politicians under foreign influence: CSIS

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Last Updated: Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Canada's spy agency suspects cabinet ministers in two provinces are under the control of foreign governments, CBC News has learned.

Several members of B.C. municipal governments are also under suspicion, Richard Fadden, the director of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, told CBC News in an exclusive interview.
"We're in fact a bit worried in a couple of provinces that we have an indication that there's some political figures who have developed quite an attachment to foreign countries," Fadden said.

At least five countries are surreptitiously recruiting future political prospects in universities, with China acting the most aggressively, he said. But Middle East countries are also involved.

"A number of countries take the view that if they can develop influence with people relatively early in their careers, they'll follow them through," Fadden said. "Before you know it a country is providing them with money, there's some sort of covert guidance."

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/06/ ... -csis.html

:200: Crooked and corrupt politicians ??? No way ! Who believes that stuff ?
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Re: Some politicians under foreign influence: CSIS

Post by NAB »

The nay-sayers will be crawling out of the wordwork over that one steven. But as with most such things - "where there is smoke there is often fire". Keep on top of it for developments, particularly as it relates to BC but at the federal level as well.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

NAB wrote: ... as with most such things - "where there is smoke there is often fire". Keep on top of it for developments, particularly as it relates to BC but at the federal level as well. Nab

Kind of puts some new weight on those questions relating to Campbell's "invitation" to attend ( at our expense ) the Bildeberg 2010 Conference ( or club, or whatever it is ). Good thing we know Campbell is a man of integrity with the ability to make the tough decisions in the best interest of all of us, and that we need not be concerned with any implications of collusion or back-room deals.

Mutha
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Mutha »

Guy from CSIS is probably fed up with his agency's hands being tied and unable to do anything about terrorists and spies operating in Canada because of our hilarious immigration laws and Charter of Rights. Now people will be demanding to know who in our government is working for foreign powers. Should be very interesting . . .
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

MisterPeePee wrote:Now people will be demanding to know who in our government is working for foreign powers. Should be very interesting . . .

It's somewhat inevitable. We live in a multi cultural society, we have people who come from other countries here (China, India) and get into politics. If somebody comes in from China, how can you know for sure who they'll be loyal to - Canadian people or Chinese? It sure is much easier to put pressure on one of your ex-citizen.

And it will be more of an issue with years to come.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

I think it's silly to assume that those politicians under foreign influence are necessarily the same ethnicity as the country whose influence they are under. I'm sure that there are no shortage of Caucasian politicians willing to sell Canada out to the highest bidder...
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

daria wrote:I think it's silly to assume that those politicians under foreign influence are necessarily the same ethnicity as the country whose influence they are under. I'm sure that there are no shortage of Caucasian politicians willing to sell Canada out to the highest bidder...

Nobody is assuming. It's just one of the many possibilities.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Politicians on the take???? NO WAY!!
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

daria wrote:I think it's silly to assume that those politicians under foreign influence are necessarily the same ethnicity as the country whose influence they are under. I'm sure that there are no shortage of Caucasian politicians willing to sell Canada out to the highest bidder...

Good point. We did have Jack O’ Layton looking to cut a deal with the Taliban….and of course we know that NDP MP Libby Davies thinks that Israel has no right to exist. She too could be hooked up with the Islamofascists. Iggy….we already he know he is working for the American’s….and the BLOC has maintained all along they are really working for a separate country. I am surprised it took CSIS this long to piece it all together….
Back with a vengeance
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Al Czervic wrote:

Good point. We did have Jack O’ Layton looking to cut a deal with the Taliban….and of course we know that NDP MP Libby Davies thinks that Israel has no right to exist. She too could be hooked up with the Islamofascists. Iggy….we already he know he is working for the American’s….and the BLOC has maintained all along they are really working for a separate country. I am surprised it took CSIS this long to piece it all together….

You don't think Harper is working for the Americans, especially the Republican party? :137:
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

daria wrote:
Al Czervic wrote:

You don't think Harper is working for the Americans, especially the Republican party? :137:

Naaah. He told the American’s to pound sand when they wanted Canada to extend our Afghanistan mission. Not to mention, he also told them Canadian Banks would NOT be footing the “world bank tax” bill to help bail out the American Banks, and finally he is writing a book about the history of Canadian Hockey. You couldn’t pay an American enough to do that.
Back with a vengeance
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Yes, but Harper's done a good job of promoting the tar sands to American and Chinese interests!

In other news...
Campbell blasts CSIS chief over allegations

B.C. Premier Gordon Campbell says allegations by the head of CSIS that some B.C. politicians and municipal officials are under the influence of foreign governments are shocking and irresponsible.

Campbell says Canadian Security Intelligence Service director Richard Fadden's statements are unprofessional and call into question the inner workings of Canada's spy agency.

"To cast aspersions and doubt on people in public office — we don't know which cabinet ministers and which provinces he's talking about — but to say that kind of thing at a public function and then release it to the media without talking to people directly involved is to me … I'm frankly incredulous by it," he said.

The B.C. government has never been approached by CSIS about politicians or officials being under the control of foreign governments, said Campbell.

No kidding, Gord. They sure as hell wouldn't tell you if you were under investigation.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

And how does CSIS know they do not have some of their own people under the influence of foreigners. It is not like CSIS did squat to prevent the Air India disaster…

In one of his more damning passages, Justice Major called CSIS surveillance ineffective. “Surveillants were unable to distinguish one traditionally attired Sikh from another. When the CSIS surveillance team observed experiments involving a test explosion carried out by Sikh extremists in the woods in Duncan, B.C., in June 1985, the loud sound was misinterpreted as a gunshot. No photograph was taken of the unknown third person present because the surveillants had not brought a camera.”

Read more: http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... z0riR5JjgP

Back with a vengeance
mrj222
Übergod

Post by mrj222 »

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columb ... ction.html
No names mentioned and he's all in a huff... What do you have to hide campbell? did someones comments hit close to home?
We can't stop here, this is bat country!
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

mrj222 wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/06/23/bc-campbell-fadden-csis-reaction.html
No names mentioned and he's all in a huff... What do you have to hide campbell? did someones comments hit close to home?

LOL. Yes, I was just reading that and thinking why am I not surprised that Campbell would be one of the first premiers to publicly get in a huff, rather than approach CSIS directly to get the facts.

But I loved this quote attributed to Gordo..

"I'm frankly incredulous by it" :-)

Nab
Last edited by NAB on Jun 23rd, 2010, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu

Return to “Canada”