Russians testing Canadian airspace

westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Re: Russians testing Canadian airspace

Post by westsidebud »

sobrohusfat wrote:What exacltly are Canada's relations with Russia that they would feel so free to give us the intimate rub-up, 50 or so times, with BOMBERS!?! How rude. Other than giving them directions with our airforce, haven't we ever called them up and told them to just knock it off?

i feel strangely violated.

Sooo. Russia's developing new muscle and China's developing new feelings of entitlement... tic toc ...tic toc ...

im part russian and yes hehe you discovered me evil plot to make you like vodka :dyinglaughing:
GO CANUCKS GO
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Woodenhead wrote:There is no question over Canadian sovereignty in the Arctic... You can't go around the world these days dropping a flag somewhere.

This was posted 4 years ago and I would have agreed then. I'm not quite as confident after Putin dropped a flag in Crimea. He could be testing the world's resolve in the Ukraine with the North Pole in mind as his next trophy.

"Unfortunately for Harper, some invisible snowmobiles and a quest for some long-forgotten ships probably won’t lead to Canadian Arctic dominance. To counter Russian and Chinese aggression in the coming years the Canucks will likely have to get some help from the US, which of course has its own interests in the north. For a country with such a large land mass, it sometimes feels like Canada is a very small country."

Caution: language.
http://m.vice.com/en_au/read/russia-is- ... overeignty
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Pesky wrote:The US might not either, but at least there is a diplomatic relationship with them and a long history of friendship.

Captain Awesome wrote:Canada has no chance of standing up to Russia. The only way to stand against them is get US on our side, and for that we'd have to give up a lion's share of resources.

You mean sort of like we do already.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “Canada”