Airport Security brings an 82yr old woman to tears

coffeeFreak
Guru

Airport Security brings an 82yr old woman to tears

Post by coffeeFreak »

This is really sad. There is a second news video that follows the first. Mrs. Striker told the security agent she could not completely lift her arm up yet because she is still bothered by having a masectomy. They told her she would have to anyway...that's sickening.

Woman, 82, 'humiliated' by airport security
CTV.ca News Staff
Date: Thu. Jan. 13 2011 10:51 PM ET

An 82-year-old woman says she was humiliated by airport security who forced her to reveal her gel prosthesis during a recent public pat-down at Calgary's airport...

read more and watch news report: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20110113/woman-to-launch-airport-complaint-110113/

(I tried to find the discussion on airport security to post this on but couldn't find it)
robhynes
Fledgling

Re: Airport Security brings an 82yr old woman to tears

Post by robhynes »

None of this crap is going to end until society stands up and says "WE'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!". but of course that's never going to happen, we'll just follow along like the nice little sheep that we are :skippingsheep:
God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me.
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

saw the lady talking on the late news.

there just doesn't seem to be any common sense when it comes to airport security. has there ever been a case of an 82-year-old Canadian grandma trying to do a terrorist attack with her breast implant :eyeballspin:

Causing a cancer patient to do movements that put them into pain rates right up there with taking away her fingernail clippers.........................I feel so safe :eyeballspin:
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

I too saw the story on the late news. There really needs to be exceptions made for situations like that. Sounds like a power tripping security guard. My heart goes out to the 82 year old.
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Unbelievable. Is there no room for discretion and common sense!?
(Oh wait...maybe it was a young person in a realistic mask of an elderly person...it could happen!) :127:
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

Piecemaker wrote:Unbelievable. Is there no room for discretion and common sense!?

No, they are not allowed.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
ochema62

Post by ochema62 »

When you pay peanuts you get monkeys. These people are morons with no common sense. Their actions are reprehensible.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

At some point the airlines have to pressure the government into doing something about how bad CATSA is at their job. Every one of these stories just makes people not want to fly, and without people to fly on planes, these chumps wouldn't have jobs. They always forget that. The airline industry is loaded with parasites - the airports (with their "AIF" to continue to expand airports and add more shopping malls to sell stuff at double the price you can buy it anywhere else) - NAV Canada (NAV Canada charge on your ticket) - Transport Canada - and of course now CATSA (the "security charge" on your ticket). Every one of these bureaucracies takes a cut off of your ticket, one way or another, yet they all operate like they have carte blanche to screw with passengers at their whim.

CATSA gets the most complaints and attention as they directly interact with passengers, and of course, they are the lowest paid and poorest trained. The other day Westjet's check-in was down, and so they were issuing manual hand-written boarding passes. So now we passengers all head to security with our hand-written passes and the CATSA idiot doing the "ticket check" turns us all back as these boarding passes "aren't approved" by them. I was so angry - I felt like saying "hey moron - what do you think we are doing here - like our hand-written boarding passes are some sort of terrorist plot? YOU FREAKING IDIOT!!" Luckily a supervisor came out and told the bozo to let everyone through, before things got crazy. It was a perfect example of an airline just trying to respond to a problem with a solution and a bureaucracy just making things far more difficult than they had to be, and *bleep* people off for no reason - the very people they depend on to fly so they have jobs. This is just plain stupidity, but until something changes, it will continue to happen.
'
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

A couple of years ago I was flying out of Williams Lake and I had all my small liquid containers in a clear plastic bag that was zippered closed. The security people told me the bag had to be a certain size (I've forgotten the actual measurement, but it's mentioned on their website if you want to look it up). I told them it was my understanding that the bag could not be any bigger than the stated size (and mine was smaller), but they insisted it had to be exactly the size stated and made me take all my stuff out of the small bag and put it in a zip lock bag that they provided.

I had previously travelled through several airports using my own smaller bag with no problem (Brisbane, Singapore, and Vancouver), and I told them that. But to no avail, they made me change the bag.

When I got home, I looked up the regulation, and sure enough, it DID say the bag could be no larger than a certain size. It did NOT say it had to be that exact size. However, being right didn't help me at the time. I still had to do as they said, even though they obviously were not as familiar with the regulations as they ought to have been. Incidents such as these would not happen if these people were trained properly.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
WorkinHard

Post by WorkinHard »

The most effective airport security I can picture would be the exact opposite of what they do... Instead hand every passenger a gun. Then if one person decides they want to hijack the plane there'll be a hundred guns that will win. lol
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

WorkinHard wrote:The most effective airport security I can picture would be the exact opposite of what they do... Instead hand every passenger a gun. Then if one person decides they want to hijack the plane there'll be a hundred guns that will win. lol

You might have a difficult time dodging all the bullets! :ohmygod:
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

You'll note it's called Swissair, not Swisscheeseair. There is a reason for that. Too much ventilation does bad things to airplanes.
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
WorkinHard

Post by WorkinHard »

Merry wrote:
WorkinHard wrote:The most effective airport security I can picture would be the exact opposite of what they do... Instead hand every passenger a gun. Then if one person decides they want to hijack the plane there'll be a hundred guns that will win. lol

You might have a difficult time dodging all the bullets! :ohmygod:

Seriously though, would you try to hijack the plane with your gun when you know there's a hundred other people with guns who want to land at the airport? lol

Return to “Canada”