Good for Quebec

dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Good for Quebec

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story ... uebec.html

The rest of the country should take notice of this and start dealing with these type matters the same instead of caving in and worrying about being politically correct.

Canada has it's own rules and laws that must not be compromised.

Good on Quebec.!
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Good for Quebec

Post by The Green Barbarian »

yet whenever anyone points out anything negative about Quebec you are the first one to scream "racist". You can't have it both ways dude.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Ya, and one of those rules is freedom of religion and because some people wet themselves at the thought of someone carrying a knife we should suspend that right.

It's absolute sacrilege to remove that dagger from it's sheath.
This kind of rhetoric scares me more than some ceremonial dagger.
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

It's not Quebec. Try to get into any airport with one of those. The building is just exempt from the Federal law. Nothing to do with Quebec. Just common sense.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

SpaceAddict wrote:It's not Quebec. Try to get into any airport with one of those. The building is just exempt from the Federal law. Nothing to do with Quebec. Just common sense.

You see no distinction between an airplane and the National Assembly? Was there some threat they would hijack the building and fly it into the World Trade Center (whoops, those ones are already gone)?

There was no reason to prevent them from wearing the kirpan in a building when there was zero prospect of them slicing open a member of the assembly and when there is security present. I have little sympathy with those who claim Canadian cultural values are so malleable as to bend to every whim of the latest arrival, but this shows a lack of common sense, and in no realistic was can this situation be compared with an airport.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
SpaceAddict
Lord of the Board

Post by SpaceAddict »

It can be under the same rules. Those rules don't apply to some buildings. Last time I checked there both still buildings.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I've had enough political and religious correctness. Good for Quebec.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

This what fascinates me about politics. Quebec is already the most heavily indebted province in Canada, they are facing a sales tax increase to 9.5% next year, fuel tax increases every year, huge increases to education and MSP premiums and still they face a nearly $ 5 Billion dollar deficit.

Yet in spite of all that, when there is not one documented case of a ceremonial Kirpan causing harm in any legislative building in all of Canada this becomes a big issue. Politics is sometimes a very screw game.
Back with a vengeance
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Here's an insight into why Quebec is so indebted - someone I know worked in the BC Welfare office and every year she'd get inundated with requests from migrant French fruit pickers looking to go on welfare after fruit picking season was over. They'd be shocked when they were told they had to "qualify" as in Quebec all they had to do was fill out a form and the cheques started flowing. Quebec is a ticking time bomb waiting to implode.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Here's an insight into why Quebec is so indebted - someone I know worked in the BC Welfare office and every year she'd get inundated with requests from migrant French fruit pickers looking to go on welfare after fruit picking season was over. They'd be shocked when they were told they had to "qualify" as in Quebec all they had to do was fill out a form and the cheques started flowing. Quebec is a ticking time bomb waiting to implode.

True. But at least when they do, their legislature will be free of ceremonial kirpan’s !
Back with a vengeance
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Al Czervic wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:Here's an insight into why Quebec is so indebted - someone I know worked in the BC Welfare office and every year she'd get inundated with requests from migrant French fruit pickers looking to go on welfare after fruit picking season was over. They'd be shocked when they were told they had to "qualify" as in Quebec all they had to do was fill out a form and the cheques started flowing. Quebec is a ticking time bomb waiting to implode.

True. But at least when they do, their legislature will be free of ceremonial kirpan’s !

and anything written in English.

Another story - a Japanese friend of mine (he's actually from Japan) tried to do a deal with an airline based in Quebec (he worked for a Japanese travel company). He got through the VP level but then the deal stalled because the president wouldn't speak English and the Japanese man couldn't speak French. The president of the airline could speak English, that wasn't the issue, it was just that he wouldn't, so therefore communication reached a standstill. My Japanese friend was shocked - his exact words were "what kind of country is this? They blow up a multi-million dollar deal because they won't speak English?" I said "Yup - and someday they'll have to pay for that attitude, when the rest of Canada finally refuses to keep subsidizing it".

Return to “Canada”