Canada Post opening mail

bree-anna
Fledgling

Canada Post opening mail

Post by bree-anna »

Recently I sent out a few parcels out to saskatchewan and they were checked at the regina post office and sent onto it's destination but when getting there the box and envelope were opened and they said they have had a few things like this happen and they were trying to figure out who in the regina post office was doing this . I called and complained seeing I was the sender and they now need to investigate . So beware of sending items by the post office some stuff as they say falls off the truck and disappears so get insurance just in case. For myself I just hope they find the person that committed fraud by opening two of the items that I sent in regina saskatchewan
shasam

Re: CANADA POST OPENING MAIL

Post by shasam »

Are you kidding me? Did you see this recent breach of trust?

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story--1-.htm
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Canada Post has been opening mail forever. Well, not Canada Post per say. The CSIS does this every day to hundreds of people with the full co-operation of Canada Post. It is illegal, but they use loopholes. I would imagine the RCMP have a system in place to do the same thing by now. Canada Post only does it if they suspect mail fraud, which is pretty much an open licence.
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
bree-anna
Fledgling

Post by bree-anna »

well when I talked to them they sounded shocked but the post office that it was picked up from is going to testify on our behalf that it was opened and they have complained to head office about the regina post office that the mail keeps getting sent opened and they think they know who it is
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

If you are interested, I could go back in the records and recommend a book that will open your eyes and shock you about Canada Post and the CSIS.
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm not shocked about opening mail so much as finding Valentine cards distributed over a highway.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Fancy wrote:I'm not shocked about opening mail so much as finding Valentine cards distributed over a highway.

Yup, me too, Fancy.

My initial reaction was, "Whoops, somebody lost a bag of mail off the truck " .... but how would that happen?

Being the nasty, suspicious devil that I am, I think someone working for Canada Post snaffed a bag of mail and was hoping there was something stealable in that batch of Valentine's, then ditched it up there by chucking it out of their personal vehicle in the dead of night.

Creep.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Canada Post opening mail

Post by Rwede »

I'm sure the union will protect whomever is found to have violated people's personal privacy. :137:
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
heymac
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by heymac »

Crooks often steal mail from the red letter street boxes by turning them upside down. That's probably what happened here. The mail is trucked by private contractors not postal workers. Now there's an idea....Lets privatize Canada Post.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Not the case if mail was given directly to postal workers as some were.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

heymac wrote: Now there's an idea....Lets privatize Canada Post.

Somehow the phrase "Going Privatized" doesn't sound the same as "Going Postal" :127:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

That's why when you send money (bill payment, birthday etc) always send in the form of a cheque NOT cash. You never know who may be going through your mail.. Many moons ago Gramma used to put a $10 or a $20 bill in us grandkids' birthday, Easter & Christmas cards until it was discovered that sometimes the money never left the small town's post office. I wouldn't say that it is a common occurrence but better safe than sorry. Cheques and then additional insurance on items you need to get to their destination are a must.
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
bree-anna
Fledgling

Post by bree-anna »

I hope they catch these people that open others mail and they lose there jobs
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

bree-anna wrote:I hope they catch these people that open others mail and they lose there jobs

And go to Jail too!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
heymac
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by heymac »

Yes it does say Postal workers. But lets remember that this statement is from the media and we all know how reliable they are. If by postal workers they mean your local drug store post office then their wrong. They are NOT postal workers. If it is a postal worker and they are caught and proven guilty of course they will loose their job and possibly be charged. But they will face immediate suspension without pay (could be a long wait without pay) unlike our RCMP who are paid until proven guilty.(good luck with that) Canada Post has one of the toughest disciplinary procedure of any business in Canada but yet they still always manage to be on the 100 employers list in Canada. The good thing is you have a union to fight on your behalf but it's an independent arbitrator who decides who's right or wrong. For some reason alot of people have a problem with that. The union (the employees) does not protect you they represent you if need be. Why is that so hard for people to understand? No different then getting a lawyer to represent you with the so called labour laws. I was recently told that CP has the most human rights complaints against them then any other business. Wouldn't surprise me if thats true.

Return to “Canada”