The 2011 - 12 Federal Budget

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: The 2011 - 12 Federal Budget

Post by Urbane »

NAB wrote:
    Of course, nothing is cast in stone yet. When is the vote sceduled?

Nab
I just heard Iggy on CBC talking with Peter Mansbridge and he said that today Harper lost the confidence of the House. So I guess they took the vote already and most of us missed it (LOL).
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

LOL. I sometimes wonder if Iggy ever thinks anything through before he speaks. What a numbskull. Politics certainly isn't his strong suite. Rae is starting to make him look like a week old twinkie left on a picnic table the whole time.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

NAB wrote:LOL. I sometimes wonder if Iggy ever thinks anything through before he speaks. What a numbskull. Politics certainly isn't his strong suite. Rae is starting to make him look like a week old twinkie left on a picnic table the whole time.

Nab

Harper aint the best leader, but he's still a better choice than Iggy or Taliban Jack!

First Dion, now Iggy. Lib's can't pick a leader to save their life!
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Phoenix Within wrote:
NAB wrote:LOL. I sometimes wonder if Iggy ever thinks anything through before he speaks. What a numbskull. Politics certainly isn't his strong suite. Rae is starting to make him look like a week old twinkie left on a picnic table the whole time.

Nab

Harper aint the best leader, but he's still a better choice than Iggy or Taliban Jack!

I guess that makes him the best leader huh? ;-)

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

NAB wrote:I guess that makes him the best leader huh? ;-)

This is Canadian politics. We don't have the "best" of anything. It's all just the lesser of the evils.

And then they wonder why voters are apathetic.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

NAB wrote:
Phoenix Within wrote:

Nab

I guess that makes him the best leader huh? ;-)

Nab

With this sad lot of leaders I would guess turn-out could be at all time low, which would stink badly.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
kelofornia
Übergod

Post by kelofornia »

[quote="hockeyfan1970With this sad lot of leaders I would guess turn-out could be at all time low, which would stink badly.[/quote]

Actually it would speak volumes from the public if, come election day, everyone did stay home. I don't know what the fallout would be, but surely someone would pay attention to it.
Most just vote for the lesser of the evils anyhow so what is the point in supporting an election by casting a ballot.
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

If the Conservatives don't like elections then they need to realize that they are not in control, the people of Canada are - and a good chunk voted for Liberals, NDP and the Block - and their voices are represented in Parliament.

I heard Jim Flaherty complain to the media that Jack Layton thought "...it was a union negotiation, a collective bargaining agreement".

Leave it to a Conservative to try and describe the workings of our democracy as partisan anti-union sentiment.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

Politicians make me laugh a lot over the years, Conservatives say unnecessary election if roles were reversed. They would have also drop the hammer and threaten an election call. Next year an election has to be called anyway opposition should think twice, unless Stephen wants to play political suicide and go fifth year on his mandate.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

If I understand the timing correctly, a motion of non confidence will be tabled today, to be voted on Friday. If the opposition wants that to be the election trigger rather than the budget, then they MUST pass the budget. If they do not pass the budget tomorrow, then the Friday thing becomes moot. No?

Anyway, this does not appear to be leading to a very interesting election, at least one worth getting all excited about. Much I suppose like Gordon Campbell's last one here in BC. ...so I guess I will be tuning out the domestic news pretty much for May and June and take the summer off, as my mind is already made up as to how I will vote in all the various polls likely to present themselves this year, ...Federal, Provincial, Municipal , and HST.

Time to put some more effort into finalizing my escape plan anyway.

Nab

Return to “Canada”