Eggs not allowed from Farm at BB: Govt. Insanity or not?

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Eggs not allowed from Farm at BB: Govt. Insanity or not?

Post by Queen K »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-ed ... n-584.html

I can not believe this article or the ominious government heavy hand behind it.

People have been eating farm fresh eggs well before the mechanized uni-egg factory concept was ever invented. This is a good example of Government insanity on steriods. A dark cloud of big Brother proportions regulating our lives and the lives of others.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
kelofornia
Übergod

Re: Eggs not allowed from Farm at BB: Govt. Insanity or not?

Post by kelofornia »

The eggs from that farm are less likely to be contaminated with anything given the small number of hens they have.

The more animals you CRAM into a space the more bacteria is created and along with that more disease.
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Thank You, Government, for sticking by the rules and ensuring the food I eat is safe. There is a good reason why these laws are in place. If everyone figured they could be the exception to the law, what's the point of having any laws?

I think that speed limits should not apply to me because I've never had an accident, and I'm busier than most people too, but if the Government wants me to do the speed limit, maybe I'll just quit driving altogether at the end of the year.

Whiners.
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

one of the comments from the article "govt wants their egg management fee" .too funny.

I'm confused, what about farmers markets, are those inspected? And don't I have a choice in agreeing to eat farm fresh eggs?
sourdough

Post by sourdough »

Definitely a load of BS. In a sane and rational world, this would not be an issue. The bureaucracy of government is beyond rationality however, and the law can't be bent or broken (unless you work in the Harper Government). Laws such as this are so beyond the rational that they become irrational. Never mind that lobbying from industrial egg growers probably helped this along as well. It's the same issue in much of BC here with regards to farm gate sales of meat slaughtered on site. It has put many small operators out of business, or turned them into criminals as they have had to sell their goods in a black market created by the government's actions. It's all under the discourse of 'protecting the public' but how far is too far? How much parenting by the government do we need? It is not the small manufacturers or mom and pop operations that have gotten people sick, it is large manufacturers such as Maple Leaf. And yet, the federal government deregulates their industry and places more restrictions on the small players. As I said, it is the irrationality of rationality...
:skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep:
kelofornia
Übergod

Post by kelofornia »

Unfortunately too many people today require their hand to be held and truly believe that government has their "best interests", and those that are able to think rationally for themselves are forbidden their choice.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Gotta love the marketing boards, too .......... what a pile of BS this is.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

The same thing is true for the farm milk people - government won't allow them to sell it.

This whole regulation thing is just so much crap. It angers me a lot.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

kelofornia
Übergod

Post by kelofornia »

There are presently 10 egg producers on PEI.

We produced 3,221,757 dozen eggs in 2009.

About 50% of the eggs produced on the Island are consumed by Islanders. The remainder of the egg are consumed in food product distributed across Canada.

Part of our mandate is to co ordinate the marketing of our product locally with programs that are intiated locally and through The Egg Farmers of Canada. This involves reaching out to,consumers through:
- advertising,
- educational awareness
- community involvement
- local and national promotions.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

grammafreddy wrote:The same thing is true for the farm milk people - government won't allow them to sell it.

:ohmygod: grammafreddy I am walking breathing corpse reason being I grew up on farm fresh eggs, milk, we did our own butchering all uncertified. I'd better go see my doctor now :zooooom:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

hockeyfan1970 wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:The same thing is true for the farm milk people - government won't allow them to sell it.

:ohmygod: grammafreddy I am walking breathing corpse reason being I grew up on farm fresh eggs, milk, we did our own butchering all uncertified. I'd better go see my doctor now :zooooom:

LOL - Too late. Am sure the government will tell you the damage has already been done. Yer a dead man. Just roll over and die and get it all over with, will ya??

Cripes, I raised, ate and sold my own chickens, eggs, ducks, turkeys, rabbits, pigs, sheep, cows. Guess I better start digging my own grave.

I equate all the marketing boards with the drug and arms cartels. It's all about controlling the supply and bumping the price to the end user. They really have very little to do with public health.

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

grammafreddy wrote:
hockeyfan1970 wrote:

LOL - Too late. Am sure the government will tell you the damage has already been done. Yer a dead man. Just roll over and die and get it all over with, will ya??

Cripes, I raised, ate and sold my own chickens, eggs, ducks, turkeys, rabbits, pigs, sheep, cows. Guess I better start digging my own grave.

I equate all the marketing boards with the drug and arms cartels. It's all about controlling the supply and bumping the price to the end user. They really have very little to do with public health.

We sold eggs as well milk. (labeled as dog food :dyinglaughing: )
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

IMO: The sad part of all this it seems, is too many in Canada complain about this type of crap (government big brother bullchit) but we/I never really take action against these type of infringements...our/my blood pressure rises, we/I complain via forums and among "coffee clatches" or sign petitions...then in resignation we/I role over or turn the channel or go for a walk or, or, or .... until the next ridiculous/intrusive regulation is imposed upon us and we repeat the process all over again. What is even more odd or sad or pathetic is if someone does protest it must take "proper" form...god forbid they by making a "public spectacle" of themselves by picketing or angry public outbursts...time to change the channel....
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

They have also run the small butcher/abattoir out of business, with legislation largely written by the big three meat packing houses. Harper is more Republican than Conservative.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What kills me is not the eggs unchecked per se, it's that the guests at the Farm House Bed and Breakfast probably for the first time in their lives had fresh organic free range eggs, ie. normal eggs, of the first time in thier lives. And were voluntarily partaking in eating them, without Big Brother Gvt. holding their collective hands.

When we went to Grand Forks to stay on my Aunt's farms one of the big things I got to do with her was gather fresh eggs from her chickens. Believe me, the crock of BS in PEI just gets bigger and bigger.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Canada”