Eggs not allowed from Farm at BB: Govt. Insanity or not?

Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Re: Eggs not allowed from Farm at BB: Govt. Insanity or not?

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

Unfortunately too many people have the roll over and take it attitude when it comes to stuff like this.
Maybe it has to do with the age of the owners - that's what happened to many of the small abattoirs. (most the owners were 60ish)
When I read this article a couple of days ago, I wondered why the owners were shutting down the B&B
If the eggs need to be inspected to be used, then find a way to get them inspected, or negotiate to take a course to be self inspected.
If the law states that all eggs sold in an establishment must be inspected then tell them "well you gov't people better get your butts out here and inspect or you're breaking the law".
Throw their own law back at them!
Although this is coming from someone who's been negotiating with various marketing boards and gov't food agencies for over 4 years to finally achieve what was needed.
One needs to be tenacious when dealing with bureaucratic ineptitude.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

For over a year I bought home raised chicken eggs from a family in North Glenmore, they were the best eggs ever. Then my job position changed and I wasn't close to them at all so it wasn't so convienant to go out and get them. Were those eggs inspected? Did I get sick? No and no. I just thought of it as free market economy at work.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Queen K wrote:For over a year I bought home raised chicken eggs from a family in North Glenmore, they were the best eggs ever. Then my job position changed and I wasn't close to them at all so it wasn't so convienant to go out and get them. Were those eggs inspected? Did I get sick? No and no. I just thought of it as free market economy at work.

As far as I am concerned, when speaking of eggs, milk, farmgate meat etc, the only involvment by the Gov't should be in the mandating of accruate packaging or notice. Clearly state on the package that they are uninspected or in the case of prepared, notice on the menu that they are uninspected. Let people decide for themselves.....buyer beware. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to eat one of those B and B eggs and that should be my option of choice, not the gov't.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “Canada”