Canadian Poverty

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Canadian Poverty

Post by Captain Awesome »

_Hello_ wrote:If we continue to help they get used to that and keep on having this kids, knowing Canada will support them. Is that the way of thinking we want these people to have???

So, what's the point of helping Canadians? People in Canada do get used to being helped too. So, what's the point of keeping up with helping them?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Captain Awesome wrote:
_Hello_ wrote:If we continue to help they get used to that and keep on having this kids, knowing Canada will support them. Is that the way of thinking we want these people to have???

So, what's the point of helping Canadians? People in Canada do get used to being helped too. So, what's the point of keeping up with helping them?

Excellent point, CA ... and yes, we sure as hell do get used to having our little tushes covered, don't we? We demand and get all kinds of social flipperties that people should be responsible for themselves, then when governments try to stay within their budgets and avoid incurring debt, we children scream bloody murder at our government "mommies" to put another band-aid on our self-inflicted ills.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

jennylives wrote:We have people in this country who don't understand how to prevent pregnancy properly, I have heard so many say they thought breastfeeding would keep them protected for one thing. And how will they acquire this birth control? How much does it cost there and who provides it?

Thank you for providing evidence that we need to spend our tax dollars on educating our own children first.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

grammafreddy wrote:
jennylives wrote:We have people in this country who don't understand how to prevent pregnancy properly, I have heard so many say they thought breastfeeding would keep them protected for one thing. And how will they acquire this birth control? How much does it cost there and who provides it?

Thank you for providing evidence that we need to spend our tax dollars on educating our own children first.

As well as.

I believe it is important to teach age appropriate sex education from the get go. That one is mostly held back by conservatives and religions. It is a constant battle to get the information out. Also parents feel it is their place to teach it but then many don't or give inadequate/misinformed education so we have to balance that as well.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Gramma, I think most of your assesment is correct, what I think in your case is missing is the immorality and lack of ethics in turning a blind eye to the individual misery. It's easy to do that as it's unfathomable to comprehend the huge numbers, but could you be in one of those refugee camps watching those people die without lifting a hand based on "the warlords and such get the lions share". I'll bet not, I know I couldn't.

It's clear that changes need to be made in how aid is disseminated. As it is there are clear results that we are indeed helping, at the same time we are not helping but creating zero accountability with those govts, but.. Is that enough reason to let so many die miserably.

As for Canada, there's basically one reason for poverty here and that's political and populace moral, ethical and sheer ignorant indifference.

Even a person on welfare here is ten times better off than than people in third world.
_Hello_

Post by _Hello_ »

Captain Awesome wrote:

Should Canada continue to pay for OTHER COUNTRIES problems when Canada has it's own problems? My point is that CANADA SHOULD FIX CANADA'S POVERTY ISSUES FIRST! Even if Canadians have a problem with getting used to taking hand outs, OK lets fix that then, we aren't as run down as the places in Africa so i beleive that AGAIN we can nip that in the butt. Easier said for Canada and it's poverty problems then it is with Africa and other poverty country's problems that's for sure. No where did i say that Canadians aren't used to getting hand outs either, of course Canadians need education on how to work and do that whole bit also, blah blah blah. SPEND CANADIAN TAX DOLLARS ON CANADIANS! The people in the most poverty stricken places in Africa seem to dig themselves in the hole deeper and deeper each year, and when Canada moves them up a step, they end up falling 5 steps back, that's never going to change.
"Time is the most valuable thing human kind can spend"
"All that really belongs to us is time, even he who has nothing has that"
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

_Hello_ wrote:SPEND CANADIAN TAX DOLLARS ON CANADIANS!

Somehow you think helping Canadians has better effect than helping other people.

I don't understand why.
_Hello_

Post by _Hello_ »

Captain Awesome wrote:
_Hello_ wrote:SPEND CANADIAN TAX DOLLARS ON CANADIANS!

Somehow you think helping Canadians has better effect than helping other people.

I don't understand why.

No worries, it's ok that you don't understand. Just look at the effect of Canadians helping the proverty places in Africa. totally making a difference eh. :clueless:
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

_Hello_ wrote:No worries, it's ok that you don't understand. Just look at the effect of Canadians helping the proverty places in Africa. totally making a difference eh. :clueless:

Well, are we making a dent in Canadian poverty?
_Hello_

Post by _Hello_ »

Captain Awesome wrote:
_Hello_ wrote:No worries, it's ok that you don't understand. Just look at the effect of Canadians helping the proverty places in Africa. totally making a difference eh. :clueless:

i would hope so. Canada would make a bigger dent working on Canada's poverty then any other countries i can say that for sure. like i said before. Canada can make a step in Africa but they will still put themselves 5 steps back anyways. :runforlife:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Captain Awesome wrote:

Nope - and we won't because Canadians like Mommy's clammy little grasping hand too much.

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

_Hello_ wrote:Canada can make a step in Africa but they will still put themselves 5 steps back anyways. :runforlife:

Strange way to look at it.
_Hello_

Post by _Hello_ »

Captain Awesome wrote:
_Hello_ wrote:Canada can make a step in Africa but they will still put themselves 5 steps back anyways. :runforlife:

Strange way to look at it.

Every time Canada spends all the money helping, what happens? the dent that is helped is helped, the rest suffer and die off, thus, the cycle will always continue. All in all i still think that Canada should pay more attendtion (hahah i like that "pay more attention"), if not all attention to the poverty right here in Canada.

Anyways.....It's interesting to read everyone's points of views on this subject. I know and understand that it's just that, your own opinions, if we agree or not. i enjoy reading it all. :computerating:
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

grammafreddy wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:

Nope - and we won't because Canadians like Mommy's clammy little grasping hand too much.

oh Gramma, you know that's not the reason. But I do recognize your tongue in cheek point.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

I made a comment about ignorant indifference earlier. Take a look at the anger and villification expressed in the "dog left at SPCA" thread, people want this guy beat, fined, jailed tar and feathered etc over ONE dog yet nobody gives a rats *bleep* about upwards of FORTY THOUSAND children under five dying everyday day.

Does that strike anyone besides me as backwards ?

Return to “Canada”