Libertarian Party

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Libertarian Party

Post by steven lloyd »

WhatThe wrote: Your "left libertarian" test result made me chuckle.

I think most people on this board would accuse me of always being “left”, and I admit when it comes to the idea of proactive vs. reactive social intervention spending I am. I suspect some people are probably a bit surprised by my support for the Harper government (I know I am but I just can’t support the anti-business, anti-economic development stance of the other parties) and might be surprised that I’m a Libertarian as well. I’m not really as I actually do believe in less government interference and more grass roots participation in the democratic process. I could support direct democracy if the general electorate as a whole wasn’t so disinterested and stupid (no offense to anyone in particular).
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Just remember that the voting populace is that way because politicians wanted them that way. This allows them to do more of what THEY want.

Not to mention that politicians just do not listen to the "average man" so people rightfully wonder "why should I even bother". Everything in our political system is about making money and passing bills that THEY want. It has very, very little to do with anything the general populace wants.

The problem is figuring out how we as voting public can encourage positive change.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

The problem is figuring out how we as voting public can encourage positive change.

Agreed.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

it sounds like conservative tea party american capitalism in sheeps clothing trying to come to canada and use us as a gunnea pig.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

sooperphreek wrote:it sounds like conservative tea party american capitalism in sheeps clothing trying to come to canada and use us as a gunnea pig.

Not so at all. Those Tea Party-ers, for the most part, are Republican. The Americans have their own Libertarian Party.

If it wasn`t for capitalism, would you have a job?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
eMeM
Übergod

Post by eMeM »

No, he's not part of the Libertarian Party, but he's about as close to it as I've ever seen. This video was shared on Facebook today. After watching the vid I did a quick Google search and found his website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDsImzbh ... r_embedded

http://jamiescott.ca/

I really, really like this:
http://jamiescott.ca/downloads/resignation_letter.pdf
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

it is indeed possible to have a job and not be a capitalist. take a look at cuba.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

sooperphreek wrote:it is indeed possible to have a job and not be a capitalist. take a look at cuba.

:nutzoid:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “Canada”