Police open fire on Dine and Dasher

Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Police open fire on Dine and Dasher

Post by Oxl3y »

Bagotricks wrote:I know the cops were already there.

So the police chasing someone down and shooting at them without even knowing why is "smart police work"?

Good thing the waitress wasn't just mad at them for insulting them, or a ex girlfriend chasing them out of the store ;)

It doesn't matter a bit what they did to cause them to start running who knows maybe the server was hysterical chasing after them the cop could have thought they just murdered someone inside the restraunt...but that doesn't matter they chose not to stop so they caused everything that happened afterwards.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

MAPearce wrote:Hmmmmm.Why ??? I run if I'm late for the bus and don't want to miss it..

I guess that means if a cop see's me he can shoot at me out of ignorance ??? Since when has being late been a crime ?

Running in the context of this story obviously means inside a vehicle

edit: but for that matter I wouldn't recommend running at an officer that asked you to stop either
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Oxl3y wrote:
Loed wrote:You mean do your job like attempt to them to stop, and then grasp that they won't, so you move out of the way-keep your wits about you-write down the plate number and then call it in?

Once that cop steps in front of a vehicle its in the hands of the driver, you HAVE to stop or face the consequences, in this case your getting shot at.

also who says they didn't get the plate #.

And Bago the criminal is responsible for the escalation...no one else.

I'm not questioning the officers right to open fire, I am questioning the situation since it was foolish of him by any account.

No-one knows for sure if they got the number. We are all going by the very little information we have.
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

Oxl3y wrote:
Bagotricks wrote:I know the cops were already there.

So the police chasing someone down and shooting at them without even knowing why is "smart police work"?

Good thing the waitress wasn't just mad at them for insulting them, or a ex girlfriend chasing them out of the store ;)

It doesn't matter a bit what they did to cause them to start running who knows maybe the server was hysterical chasing after them the cop could have thought they just murdered someone inside the restraunt...but that doesn't matter they chose not to stop so they caused everything that happened afterwards.

...or it could have been a ex girlfriend.

But " that doesn't matter" if they even committed a crime to you or not. If a cop tells you to stop, prepare to be killed.

I guess there is no point in debating beyond your last statement. Does it make you feel safer to hold onto such absolutes like "the law is the law"?
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Bagotricks wrote:...or it could have been a ex girlfriend.

But " that doesn't matter" if they even committed a crime to you or not. If a cop tells you to stop, prepare to be killed.

I guess there is no point in debating beyond your last statement. Does it make you feel safer to hold onto such absolutes like "the law is the law"?

sorry had to

They committed a crime...that is what I am trying to get across to you...they nearly hit a cop that tried to stop them what they did to get to that point is inconsequential.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Oxl3y wrote:They committed a crime...that is what I am trying to get across to you...they nearly hit a cop that tried to stop them what they did to get to that point is inconsequential.

Cop should have been intelligent enough to realize after a certain point that sometimes a criminal isn't going to stop and it's a good idea to move your squishy body out of the way.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Loed wrote:
Oxl3y wrote:They committed a crime...that is what I am trying to get across to you...they nearly hit a cop that tried to stop them what they did to get to that point is inconsequential.

Cop should have been intelligent enough to realize after a certain point that sometimes a criminal isn't going to stop and it's a good idea to move your squishy body out of the way.

He did...he wasn't hit and he got a few shots into the windshield for good measure.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Oxl3y wrote:
Loed wrote:

He did...he wasn't hit and he got a few shots into the windshield for good measure.

Pointlessly risking the lives of civilians in the area. When instead he could have focused on the better issue(license plate).

If he DID get a plate number(doubtful all things considered), the situation wouldn't be "police still looking for" it would likely be "police went to suspects house and found car and placed charges".
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Wildshield presents a big target stray bullets are not a concern, and saying a threat to the public is all well and good but you have no idea how many people were around, I admit that neither do I but since we are playing the speculation game.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Now, if Montreal police officers were carrying H&K mp5's or C7's this would never happen.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

I bet if this cop had just moved out of the way without drawing his gun and then those 2 criminals had done something horrific later (assault, rape, murder, car accident that killed a child) then the same people crucifying him now would be saying "He could have done something before but didn't."
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

From a dine and dash to assault, rape, murder, car accident that killed a child....Thats a pretty big jump :dyinglaughing:

Using that sort of logic,the child stealing a cookie is sure to become a serial killer in no time at all :eyeballspin:
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

grumpydigger wrote:From a dine and dash to assault, rape, murder, car accident that killed a child....Thats a pretty big jump :dyinglaughing:

Using that sort of logic,the child stealing a cookie is sure to become a serial killer in no time at all :eyeballspin:

Well it IS the forums Grumpy.....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

grumpydigger wrote:From a dine and dash to assault, rape, murder, car accident that killed a child....Thats a pretty big jump :dyinglaughing:

Yet logically, everything in there is a possibility.

Sucks hey.

We can just as certainly say that they went home and fell asleep with some munchies as we can ascertain that they went and raped, etc...

A world of possibilities, and someone, somewhere would complain about it.

Also, a window is a really good deflector of bullets, the right angle and a 9mm will just fly right off.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Oxl3y wrote:Wildshield presents a big target stray bullets are not a concern, and saying a threat to the public is all well and good but you have no idea how many people were around, I admit that neither do I but since we are playing the speculation game.

Sure it's a big target, big and weak enough for the "aimed" bullets to go right through both front and rear and not be slowed down.

Return to “Canada”