Foolish stunt costs foolish page her job

Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Re: Foolish stunt costs foolish page her job

Post by Bagotricks »

Urbane wrote:
    Bagotricks wrote:
    John Baird is known on BOTH sides of the House as being a "Junk Yard Dog". He reputation precedes himself.

I make a slight joke and you chalk it up as "sad and partisan".

Sorry about the loss of your sense of humor...
Bago, many a truth is said in jest. I think that civility is the responsibility of all the parties in the House.

Agree ;)
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

Max Keiser discusses the Canadian page protest in parlament. about 2 min in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJlKl4LbeQo
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
Edward R Murrow
Now a proud member of the NRA & Canadian Sport Shooting Association.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

how can someone who calculated the risks and was brave enough to stand up for what they truly believe be considered foolish?? what she did was far more ballsie than some guy saying she was foolish on some chat board. lol people will remember what she did and believes....and we will all forget what you thought after a short while. unless you can drag this thread out for over a 100 pages too like others. i admire what she did and i agree with her wholeheartedly. i would rather an alternative point of view that makes us ask questions about things than the status quo we get from what limited info and media coverage we get out of ottawa.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

As much as I like this young (ex) page (and I do) and admire her courage the fact is there is a time and a place for political protest. Regrettably this page took an oath to serve in a non partisan role within Parliament and was given the trust to honour that oath which she reengaged on the moment she decided to put her own personal political agenda ahead of her oath to serve in a non partisan manner. In putting her own personal partisan political views ahead of her oath of service she dishonoured a non partisan institution and also her fellow colleagues. This was basically a selfish act that was a “me first” attitude.

She needed only to carry her protest on the front lawns of Parliament where they are welcome. However she choose to use a non partisan position for personal political gain and that is truly shameful. Also disappointing is that leftists are willing to stand by and allow our non partisan positions within Parliament to be compromised and corrupted so long as they are done is a politically agreeable manner. We all suffer when these selfish acts are carried out.
Back with a vengeance
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Al Czervic wrote:As much as I like this young (ex) page (and I do) and admire her courage the fact is there is a time and a place for political protest. Regrettably this page took an oath to serve in a non partisan role within Parliament and was given the trust to honour that oath which she reengaged on the moment she decided to put her own personal political agenda ahead of her oath to serve in a non partisan manner. In putting her own personal partisan political views ahead of her oath of service she dishonoured a non partisan institution and also her fellow colleagues. This was basically a selfish act that was a “me first” attitude.

She needed only to carry her protest on the front lawns of Parliament where they are welcome. However she choose to use a non partisan position for personal political gain and that is truly shameful. Also disappointing is that leftists are willing to stand by and allow our non partisan positions within Parliament to be compromised and corrupted so long as they are done is a politically agreeable manner. We all suffer when these selfish acts are carried out.

/thread

:rate10:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

Democracy is noisy and protest must be inconvenient and embarrassing or it's useless and ignored.
Just look at all the attack posts just on this forum and the international attention it's recieved.

IT WORKED and thats what counts, Democracy...
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
Edward R Murrow
Now a proud member of the NRA & Canadian Sport Shooting Association.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
intheknow
Board Meister

Post by intheknow »

Centurion wrote:Good for her, it's admirable to see a person rise above a paycheck to get her message out, plus Harper can go suck an egg.

I certainly agree with this part of her statement:
We have to stop him from wasting billions on fighter jets, military bases and corporate tax cuts.
We have to stop him from cutting social programs .(There are alot of those that should be cut) or eliminated
the biggest one is the 9 billion a year we waste on indians

Return to “Canada”