One thing IRAN has right in this world

ABH

One thing IRAN has right in this world

Post by ABH »

Two juveniles -- identified only as "A.N." and "H.B." -- were among three people hanged in public in southern Iran after being convicted of rape and murder they committed at age 17.

and what would we have done? HUGGED THEM AND NURTURED THEM.!!!

examp[le;
Two 14 year old boys that committed 1st degree murder in edmonton get cut loose by a limp wristed liberal POS judge
whom should not be a judge
How would you like to be the kids of the 2 people murdered by these 2 little a$$$holes and have to live with this A$$$$hole judge,s judgement????
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: One thing IRAN has right in this world

Post by UnknownResident »

It's really a fundamental difference between cultures. We believe an eye for an eye and the whole world's blind. Other people, like Iran and yourself, believe that if someone does something wrong we should kill them.

Let me ask you this, say 1% of people who are convicted are wrongly convicted, and also say that we give the death penalty to those people who are convicted. What now? 1 out of 100 people you're wrongly killing, you would be defined as a monster killing many innocent people.

I think you need to leave your emotions out of it and really think about it.
ABH

Post by ABH »

UnknownResident wrote:It's really a fundamental difference between cultures. We believe an eye for an eye and the whole world's blind. Other people, like Iran and yourself, believe that if someone does something wrong we should kill them.

Let me ask you this, say 1% of people who are convicted are wrongly convicted, and also say that we give the death penalty to those people who are convicted. What now? 1 out of 100 people you're wrongly killing, you would be defined as a monster killing many innocent people.

I think you need to leave your emotions out of it and really think about it.

I think U need to post your opinion not disect mine .My point was that Iran as terrible a country as it is sometimes get things right and Canada as good as a country as we are often gets things very wrong.
The discharging of the 2- 14 year old murderers in Edmonton is moraly and fundamentaly WRONG
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

ABH wrote:Two juveniles -- identified only as "A.N." and "H.B." -- were among three people hanged in public in southern Iran after being convicted of rape and murder they committed at age 17.

examp[le;
Two 14 year old boys that committed 1st degree murder in edmonton get cut loose by a limp wristed liberal POS judge
How would you like to be the kids of the 2 people murdered by these 2 little a$$$holes and have to live with this A$$$$hole judge,s judgement????

So what you're saying is that you want us to exucute fourteen year old children?
I think you belong in Iran, get the hell out of Canada, there's no room for Neanderthals here.
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

Perhaps he is demonstrating 2 extremes and if we met somewhere in the middle, real justice could be served at a more acceptable level to the general public and the victims.....
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

WhatThe wrote:
ABH wrote:Two juveniles -- identified only as "A.N." and "H.B." -- were among three people hanged in public in southern Iran after being convicted of rape and murder they committed at age 17.

examp[le;

So what you're saying is that you want us to exucute fourteen year old children?
I think you belong in Iran, get the hell out of Canada, there's no room for Neanderthals here.

There's nothing wrong with executing anyone, of any age, that is found guilty for murder/rape type charges. Those people never change, and serve little purpose in today's society other than keeping judges and jails in operation.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Loed wrote:
WhatThe wrote:

examp[le;

There's nothing wrong with executing anyone, of any age, that is found guilty for murder/rape type charges. Those people never change, and serve little purpose in today's society other than keeping judges and jails in operation.

if one advocates for the death penalty for adults I'll call them misguided, to advocate executing children I'll call one a sniveling coward that has no decency, morals or compassion. More over one is a sick and disturbed individual who I'd rather stick on a boat and set them adrift. There is no place for bloodlust in civilized society, not one I want to live in. If one wants to kill children go someplace else where one would fit in with the other cavemen.

Sorry Loed, Ive never had an issue with you until now, I'm stunned you agree with OP as you're usually balanced.
Big Bacardi
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Big Bacardi »

im pretty sure that those hung boys will never kill again!!!!!

now those kids in edmonton.....maybe they will?
You may think I'm dumb...But I ain't so smart.....but i am smart enuf to know how to spell corrictley!!!....I sure wish others culd spel. The graamar by other postars truly sux!
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

WhatThe wrote:
Loed wrote:
WhatThe wrote:

examp[le;

if one advocates for the death penalty for adults I'll call them misguided, to advocate executing children I'll call one a sniveling coward that has no decency, morals or compassion. More over one is a sick and disturbed individual who I'd rather stick on a boat and set them adrift. There is no place for bloodlust in civilized society, not one I want to live in. If one wants to kill children go someplace else where one would fit in with the other cavemen.

Sorry Loed, Ive never had an issue with you until now, I'm stunned you agree with OP as you're usually balanced.

The difference is that I don't WANT to kill children(or adults for that matter), but I don't agree with the PC stance that they are worth anything to ANY society to keep them around. I honestly cannot see the benefits for allowing murders a chance at reform.

As an earlier poster stated though, there is a middle ground. 3 Strikes, or some kind of "repeated offense" system in place would MAYBE help lessen the amount these crimes occur. This would avoid those nasty "mistrials", as if someone is found guilty of a crime they didn't commit, it is highly unlikely that they will re-offend, ideally(there will always be an exception to every rule of course).

Something to keep in mind, I don't consider anyone older than 14/15 to be a "child" by this age(barring mental disabilities) most people have developed into the "this is good, this is bad" stage of their lives. They know that beating, torturing, killing and raping is bad. Those that choose to and/or follow through with the voices deserve a chance at rehabilitation(remember I didn't say out right kill them, I was very general in my first statement), but repeat offenders, or EXTREME cases(the russian boys that tortured/murdered a number of homeless people for example) are past the point of rehabilitation. Anyone with the ability to do this to another person is frighteningly past that point.

I know a lot of you don't understand this mind-set, just as I cannot fathom allowing people to go on living after the willingly take another persons life. I understand that the offender is a loved one of someone, it is hard to take that person away, but choices need consequence. North American is a PRIME example that our prison systems do. not. work. ESPECIALLY in Canada.

We need to begin rolling out harsher punishments for crimes deserving. Murder, Rape, Torture, Child Prostitution, etc... Once the criminal system begins focusing more harsh punishments for crimes that actually matter(see above), and less focus is given on the crimes that make THEM(those within the criminal justice system) money, things will even out. Nothing will be perfect, but violence begets violence. A murderer out in public is frightening, they've already exposed their proclivity for physical violence, so what is to stop them from using that to just under an act of murder.

I'm forgiving and compassionate, but only when someone deserves it. I'm also willing to give anyone a second chance, much to the chagrin of my personal life.
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

Also, I realize that execution is just allowing other sick individuals to LEGALLY do what these people are being punished for.

It's a catch-22 really, and I cannot for the life of me figure out a system that would work, other than maybe an island filled with murderers. The current system is apathetic and filled with liberal bleeding hearts that want to give TOO many chances. It just doesn't work.

That said, even though I feel differently about the punishment system, I'm smart enough to know that the current system is better than an execution system like I detailed above. I can admit that even though I can also see the benefits to the system I was speaking of earlier.

So before you dole out judgments onto myself, I hope you take a second to understand the situation in full a bit better.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

I'm for the death penalty. However, I have little faith in the actual investigations done by those in charge in Iran and other countries like that.

I mean a country close to Iran recently sentenced a dog to death by stoning because they thought it was a former politician reincarnated.

Do you really think anyone over there gets an accurate and just trial?
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

Loed wrote:
WhatThe wrote:

examp[le;

Yeah. Especially these guys, right?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/200 ... icted.html
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Reading some of those false convictions, I found this:

Roy Ebsary, an eccentric who bragged about being skilled with knives, was eventually convicted of manslaughter in Seale's death and spent a year in jail.

ONE year in jail for killing someone? Glad to see our justice system has changed so much over the years.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

The real problem with that one is Donald Marshall Jr. spent 11 years in jail for the same crime. It was found that "systemic racism had contributed to his wrongful imprisonment."
Apparently the OP thinks he should have been killed.
mammamoon
Fledgling

Post by mammamoon »

This is such a hard topic to actually rationalize because both sides have some really good points. However, I do not believe in killing someone because they are convicted of a crime, because it is a flawed system in which judges and condems them to begin with (ie. Casey Anthony trial) I also don't agree with murder, rape, torture, assault, robbery, drinking and driving or any other horrible crimes that humans inflict upon eachother for any reason, but I DO whole heartedly agree with the person who wrote an "eye for an eye makes the whole world blind". I think if someone as young as 14 kills another human being, then something about our society has failed that individual in some way, in some manner.

We will never get anywhere pointing fingers, and saying one person is guilty of a crime, Ie. Robbery, when our own goverments and polititicans can carry out the same actions on a larger scale and never be convicted as such. Truth is that many of todays "real" repeat criminals are the people we elect to advocate for us, and to help us lead our great nation, the very same people who create these laws that fail us so miserably, and leave the real victims without justice or any closure.

However, in some ways I am grateful to live in a place where the sembelence of justice prevails, and that a person or dog can't be stoned to death no some ridiculous reasons, like being the reincarnation of a previous person.

If we could only take a moment to perhaps precieve the human race from lets say another planet, as another race (not human) I wonder if we could really see how violent our culture is, and how we are practically the only species on earth that treats its own kind so badly, and not to mention how we treat the animals, and the earth. Its really appalling. I hope we can transcend our tiny perspectives one day and see the greater image, one where we all embrace love, and not hate, and there is no difference between you and I, but rather a oneness that unites us all, so we can shed the our violence and live in peace.

Return to “Canada”