RCMP head-on crash

silivren

Re: RCMP head-on crash

Post by silivren »

I don't find it odd that the RCMP aren't making statements. I find it odd that NO ONE is reporting on the case anymore. How about the family of the victim. Do they get any answers?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

MacDonald said investigators will have a lot of information to work with.

"We will talk to witnesses, and do a tech data dump on the cellphone and GPS in the police car," MacDonald said. "We will have a data box that shows speed and when the brakes deployed, and look at the laptop to record key strokes."

Takes time to piece everything together. A statement will be issued when their investigation is complete.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

silivren wrote:I don't find it odd that the RCMP aren't making statements. I find it odd that NO ONE is reporting on the case anymore. How about the family of the victim. Do they get any answers?

Many stories that make the news don't get followed up on at all. At this point there isn't anything more to report on for this story.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

The RCMP have to find,An absolute indisputable Answer.about how this could possibly happen.

The death of this young person , And the amount of witnesses In the other vehicles Are going to make this extremely hard.

You can bet the RCMP's lawyers are hard at work making a defense for their member , because they know the lawsuits are going to begin.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

grumpydigger wrote:The RCMP have to find,An absolute indisputable Answer.about how this could possibly happen.

The death of this young person , And the amount of witnesses In the other vehicles Are going to make this extremely hard.

You can bet the RCMP's lawyers are hard at work making a defense for their member , because they know the lawsuits are going to begin.

The first paragraph is absolutely right, the last is BS.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

No, I'm pretty sure the RCMP's lawyers would be working on this.
Of course, I don't have a link, but it stands to reason.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Without going into the whole police cover up debacle ... bottom line is this:

If in fact the RCMP officer did not display any lights or activate his sirens and if he did cross the center line and impacted the other vehicle ... the RCMP officer should be 100% at fault of causing the accident regardless if they were on a call or not and should be charged accordingly.

If the officer had his lights on, I'm pretty sure none of this would have happened because we (the driving public) are required by law to slow down, move over and be cautious ... we are made aware of whats going on. Even if he would have had quickly flicked them on while approaching the other vehicles this pretty much would not have happened,
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Canada”