Police officer slashed in New Westminster

FreeRights
Guru

Police officer slashed in New Westminster

Post by FreeRights »

Link: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/07/31/bc-officer-slashed-new-westminster.html

A New Westminster police officer was slashed across the face in Queen's Park on Saturday night.

The officer was investigating a complaint of a "distraught male," a press release from the police service stated...

It's disgusting that some people want to post everything that cops do wrong, when they clearly forget the dangers that cops put up with every single day of their professional lives.

Hopefully they catch the person.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Police officer slashed in New Westminster

Post by Oxl3y »

In before GD says it was the cops fault.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

Oxl3y wrote:In before GD says it was the cops fault.
This comment just proves , That so many Of you people don't even have a remote grasp Of what my postings and comments are about.

A police officer getting injured or killed Does not Wipe out the hundreds Of cases Of incompetence, Corruption , violence And Charter rights violations.

It is sad that this officer got Injured. But you lose me when you start talking about Being a hero and risking their life every day for the citizens :eyeballspin:

being a police officer doesn't even come close,to being one of the most dangerous jobs.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

grumpydigger wrote:
This comment just proves , That so many Of you people don't even have a remote grasp Of what my postings and comments are about.

A police officer getting injured or killed Does not Wipe out the hundreds Of cases Of incompetence, Corruption , violence And Charter rights violations.

It is sad that this officer got Injured. But you lose me when you start talking about Being a hero and risking their life every day for the citizens :eyeballspin:

being a police officer doesn't even come close,to being one of the most dangerous jobs.

You are right. There are many many more dangerous jobs out there and to say they risk their lives every day is a stretch. But a rig worker, logger or miner isn't dying or getting injured as a result of the intentional act of another person in the process of keeping your ungrateful *bleep* safe.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Bonger420
Fledgling

Post by Bonger420 »

KL3-Something wrote:
grumpydigger wrote:

You are right. There are many many more dangerous jobs out there and to say they risk their lives every day is a stretch. But a rig worker, logger or miner isn't dying or getting injured as a result of the intentional act of another person in the process of keeping your ungrateful *bleep* safe.

KL3, Guess you've never been on a crew with a bunch of tweekers as your foremen! You know why Meth is the drug of choice, doesn't show on tests and you can work for days straight. The difference is the officer KNOWS full well of the dangers associated with the job, a rig worker is not privaliged to ALL the dangers of the job(ie his superiors and co-workers).
So, well Police may have an inherently dangerous job, they CHOSE that job and accepted ALL dangerous circumstances when they did, END of Story. A rig worker DOES NOT have the ability to be informed of ALL dangers on the job, a pipe fitter may sign up for fitting pipes, but no one' told him he has to dodge drill heads getting tossed around by meth heads!

Difference of chosing something dangerous and being put in a dangerous place are 2 different situations
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

Myself, I have logged, Mined, pipelined, Climbed steel ,Work The oilpatch And have been in the excavating business Where I have Worked around Major Gas pipelines And extreme high voltage lines Where If I made one mistake It would've meant The lives of my coworkers....

In many of these jobs,my life was in the hands of people I did not know and I was very wary of both their mental and physical conditions at times.
KL3-Something wrote:result of the intentional act of another person in the process of keeping your ungrateful *bleep* safe.
I never once said that I was not grateful for police officers that do their job competently.

But I have absolutely no...... respect or trust for incompetent ,arrogant, self centered, Know it all ,above the law cops.....
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

grumpydigger wrote:I never once said that I was not grateful for police officers that do their job competently.

But I have absolutely no...... respect or trust for incompetent ,arrogant, self centered, Know it all ,above the law cops.....

Neither do I, and I would hazard to guess that neither does KL3, however, your posts continue to show that you generalize and categorize ALL police officers as being in this group, where the reality is, while they do exists, they are a small minority.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Bonger420 wrote:Difference of chosing something dangerous and being put in a dangerous place are 2 different situations

I think the main difference is that riggers while sometimes faces with dangerous situation have a freedom of saying "Oh, screw that" and walking away or telling his employer to stuff it. While police officers don't really have a choice nor do they want that choice - they serve the public without asking for any type of "thank you". That's just what they do and do it well.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

grumpydigger wrote:Myself, I have logged, Mined, pipelined, Climbed steel ,Work The oilpatch And have been in the excavating business Where I have Worked around Major Gas pipelines And extreme high voltage lines Where If I made one mistake It would've meant The lives of my coworkers....

In many of these jobs,my life was in the hands of people I did not know and I was very wary of both their mental and physical conditions at times.
KL3-Something wrote:result of the intentional act of another person in the process of keeping your ungrateful *bleep* safe.
I never once said that I was not grateful for police officers that do their job competently.

But you did NONE of those jobs for me. Nothing you did made my life safer or better.

I don't like cops any more than the next guy, but at least they TRY to make my everyday life better. Loggers, miners, oilrig workers, etc... do it for their family and themselves ($$)
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

grumpydigger wrote:Myself, I have logged, Mined, pipelined, Climbed steel ,Work The oilpatch And have been in the excavating business Where I have Worked around Major Gas pipelines And extreme high voltage lines Where If I made one mistake It would've meant The lives of my coworkers....

I, too, have no respect for the very small percentage of incompetent police officers. The problem I have is, I can identify an incompetent police officer from an issue that I simply don't agree with, and you can't.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

goatboy wrote:
grumpydigger wrote:I never once said that I was not grateful for police officers that do their job competently.

Neither do I, and I would hazard to guess that neither does KL3, however, your posts continue to show that you generalize and categorize ALL police officers as being in this group, where the reality is, while they do exists, they are a small minority.

You're wrong on two counts.
1 - GD never says ALL cops are bad, he focuses on the bad ones. There's a huge difference.
2 - It may be a minority, but from out here it doesn't look like a small one.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Mr. Personality wrote:1 - GD never says ALL cops are bad, he focuses on the bad ones. There's a huge difference.

Well, really he does. He keep talking about standard RCMP practices of lie, cover up and deny. He talks about how the RCMP condone corrupt behavior.

If he is blasting the entire RCMP and their practices, he is essentially blasting them all.
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

Using this theory.

The system can never be corrected. Because too many people are running around trying to protect The bad cops......And the good cops are punished By their own system For not standing up for them :eyeballspin:

One police officer will never say anything to discredit the behavior of another..........so nothing will change
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

fvkasm2x wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:1 - GD never says ALL cops are bad, he focuses on the bad ones. There's a huge difference.

Well, really he does. He keep talking about standard RCMP practices of lie, cover up and deny. He talks about how the RCMP condone corrupt behavior.

If he is blasting the entire RCMP and their practices, he is essentially blasting them all.

I don't get that from him. I get that the problems are at the top and result in the individual officers who actually do wrong being let off with little-to-no consequence. It doesn't mean each individual officer is corrupt, but the system in which they work is. If that's what he's saying, and I'm not counting out being proven wrong as I haven't read every post he's made, he's right. Maybe I'm reading my own beliefs into his posts. I dunno. I won't deny he focuses on the bad cops and shies away from good RCMP stories, but I don't think he means to say every officer is bad.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Mr. Personality wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:

I don't get that from him. I get that the problems are at the top and result in the individual officers who actually do wrong being let off with little-to-no consequence. It doesn't mean each individual officer is corrupt, but the system in which they work is. If that's what he's saying, and I'm not counting out being proven wrong as I haven't read every post he's made, he's right. Maybe I'm reading my own beliefs into his posts. I dunno. I won't deny he focuses on the bad cops and shies away from good RCMP stories, but I don't think he means to say every officer is bad.

Really, have you read any of his posts? This is from the one right before yours:

One police officer will never say anything to discredit the behavior of another..........so nothing will change

If that's not generalizing as well as making some pretty wild assumptions, I don't know what is. All his posts are like this.

Return to “Canada”