"Royal"

heymac
Generalissimo Postalot

"Royal"

Post by heymac »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story--4-.htm#f152489

I've requested the "Royal" be brought back to Canada Post like the old days. :sunshine:
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: "Royal"

Post by Rwede »

Canada Post? How about we call it "Royal Pain in the *bleep*"?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

It would be an insult to even begin to characterize the overpaid bums at Canada Post in the same regard as our brave men and women in the armed forces. Every time I heard some Canada Post Union parasite complain about having to carry 35 lbs of mail every day I actually thought of what a soldier is going through in Afghanistan and what a disgrace these CUPW Unionists were by comparison.
Back with a vengeance
CJT84
Board Meister

Post by CJT84 »

Maybe when they are up to the standard of Royal Mail in the UK they can change their name.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

CJT84 wrote:Maybe when they are up to the standard of Royal Mail in the UK they can change their name.

While I like the move the OP posted, I am afraid I'd have to agree with you CJ re: CanPost.
I haven't failed until I quit.
heymac
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by heymac »

CJT84 wrote:Maybe when they are up to the standard of Royal Mail in the UK they can change their name.

To funny :dyinglaughing: The uniformed rise again. While CP puts millions of dollars in the public coffers every year the UK cannot survive without public monies unlike CP.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2003418/Insolvent-Royal-Mail-pays-boss-780-000-including-bonus-size-Prime-Ministers-salary.html
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

heymac wrote:
To funny :dyinglaughing: The uniformed rise again.

Do you mean the Uninformed? No wonder the mail gets delivered to the wrong address all the time! :127:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
heymac
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by heymac »

Bsuds wrote:
heymac wrote:
To funny :dyinglaughing: The uniformed rise again.

Do you mean the Uninformed? No wonder the mail gets delivered to the wrong address all the time! :127:

Is that the best you can do? Sad,so sad.
CJT84
Board Meister

Post by CJT84 »

heymac wrote:

To funny :dyinglaughing: The uniformed rise again. While CP puts millions of dollars in the public coffers every year the UK cannot survive without public monies unlike CP.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2003418/Insolvent-Royal-Mail-pays-boss-780-000-including-bonus-size-Prime-Ministers-salary.html

for one, Daily Mail... lol.

Secondly, the service of the Royal Mail is what I was talking about. Canadian mail takes ages just to post something down the street. All mail in the UK sent before 3pm is next day delivery. It takes a week so send something within Kelowna, never mind across the country.

Also look at where Moya Greene came from, oh she was the ex CEO of Canada Post. Done screwing up our postal service she went to the UK screw up the Royal mail.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Let's let him do it
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
heymac
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by heymac »

CJT84 wrote:
heymac wrote:

Secondly, the service of the Royal Mail is what I was talking about. Canadian mail takes ages just to post something down the street. All mail in the UK sent before 3pm is next day delivery. It takes a week so send something within Kelowna, never mind across the country.

Also look at where Moya Greene came from, oh she was the ex CEO of Canada Post. Done screwing up our postal service she went to the UK screw up the Royal mail.

"All mail in the UK sent before 3pm is next day delivery" dream on.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

heymac wrote:
CJT84 wrote:
heymac wrote:

"All mail in the UK sent before 3pm is next day delivery" dream on.

To be fair - look at the size of Canada compared to the UK sometime. A slightly bigger country. That being said, having lived in Australia, I was surprised at how much better their mail system was than ours. But such is life.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Royal Canadian Postal Service? I actually kinda like it. Sounds fancy.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
heymac
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by heymac »

Captain Awesome wrote:Royal Canadian Postal Service? I actually kinda like it. Sounds fancy.

The Monarchist League of Canada was founded in 1970 by John Aimers and was federally incorporated in 1976.

In the 1960s and 1970s, there was a growing mood of Canadian and Québécois nationalism, and criticism from opponents of monarchy who perceived the institution as an archaic and foreign symbol of colonialism and the British Empire.

In an effort to create a new national identity, the Canadian government responded by removing some traditional symbols of the monarchy. For example, the Canadian Red Ensign, bearing the Royal Union flag, was replaced by the Maple Leaf flag, God Save the Queen was replaced by O Canada, the Queen's Printer for Canada assumed a less visible role, and the Royal Mail was renamed Canada Post.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Oxl3y wrote:Image

Let's let him do it

That would be great! Unfortunately, with the union, we're stuck with this:

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”