Canada Post Reports Highest Profits In History

Al Czervic
Guru

Re: Canada Post Reports Highest Profits In History

Post by Al Czervic »

Queen K wrote:
ixler8 wrote:It's a monopoly - I supose the union wants their cut.

Omigod, you mean ordinary Canadians want to keep up with the rise in the cost of living?

Groceries, university/college costs, gas, heating, not to mention the new HST and all the products it now applies to from chips to movie tickets and financial service fees have eaten away at their paycheques too. Right?

By couching it in terms of "wants their cut" you make all the people working for CP sound "dirty". And yes, the union gets their dues from their members, but those dues are used for their members. So what? Oh, and by "monopoly" you mean other delivery services are not allowed to run businesses? How wrong you are, all kinds of delivery services operate in Canada. So, nope, not a monopoly. You really should look up what 'monopoly' means first before using it.

In the real world there is no guaranteed entitlement to getting a guaranteed pay raise. Besides in this case the CUPW Unionists got a pay raise…and keep in mind whenever the Public Sector Unionists get a pay raise that only drives up the costs for everyone else….typically people who do not get as much if a raise and have fewer benefits and typically no pension. This why real “everyday” Canadians are getting fed up with the greed and entitlement mentality that permeates within the public sector. More so when they are being held hostage in an extortion like manner. The Public Sector needs to learn to start showing some respect for the average everyday taxpayer.
Back with a vengeance
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The person who delivers my mail IS an average, everyday taxpayer. Who the heck delivers your mail?

And the right to strike is long established. Go to countries like Mexico where union activists are regularly shot dead if you want, but I prefer Canada and our ways.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
heymac
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by heymac »

Al Czervic wrote:
Queen K wrote:

Omigod, you mean ordinary Canadians want to keep up with the rise in the cost of living?

Groceries, university/college costs, gas, heating, not to mention the new HST and all the products it now applies to from chips to movie tickets and financial service fees have eaten away at their paycheques too. Right?

By couching it in terms of "wants their cut" you make all the people working for CP sound "dirty". And yes, the union gets their dues from their members, but those dues are used for their members. So what? Oh, and by "monopoly" you mean other delivery services are not allowed to run businesses? How wrong you are, all kinds of delivery services operate in Canada. So, nope, not a monopoly. You really should look up what 'monopoly' means first before using it.

In the real world there is no guaranteed entitlement to getting a guaranteed pay raise. Besides in this case the CUPW Unionists got a pay raise…and keep in mind whenever the Public Sector Unionists get a pay raise that only drives up the costs for everyone else….typically people who do not get as much if a raise and have fewer benefits and typically no pension. This why real “everyday” Canadians are getting fed up with the greed and entitlement mentality that permeates within the public sector. More so when they are being held hostage in an extortion like manner. The Public Sector needs to learn to start showing some respect for the average everyday taxpayer.

"and keep in mind whenever the Public Sector Unionists get a pay raise that only drives up the costs for everyone else"...like pay and benefits for everyone else. Always been like that. You keep talking about the real world. Maybe it's time you did your share to make the real world a better place instead of attacking the ones that do.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

heymac wrote:
    Urbane wrote:Good thing Harper ordered you back to work so that the profits won't dip as much as they would have with a longer strike. He waited much longer than Trudeau or Chretien did to order the CP employees back to work but you still called him nasty names even though he gave you extra time. It was good to see the Canadian public siding with the government on this issue and the employees should make note of that for next time.

Obviously you weren't paying attention. it was a lock out not a strike and the employees offered to go back before the legislation. but Harper (scumbag) wanted to look good for their supporters causing a delay and costing CP more in lost profits. And 8 out of 10 comments to the posties by their customers have been in support of their letter carriers. It's quite funny when you then hand them a letter from their leader asking for money and see it in the the recyclable bin the next day.
The lockout only occurred after the rotating STRIKE action by the union.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

heymac wrote:
Al Czervic wrote:
Queen K wrote:

"and keep in mind whenever the Public Sector Unionists get a pay raise that only drives up the costs for everyone else"...like pay and benefits for everyone else. Always been like that. You keep talking about the real world. Maybe it's time you did your share to make the real world a better place instead of attacking the ones that do.

If you think extorting everyday taxpayer’s for your own self serving greed somehow makes the world a better place I say good luck with that.
Back with a vengeance
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

heymac wrote:

I think Heymac and SL have pointed out an important distinction here that we all should take into account. I agree that while the hyperbole "attacking the ones that make this world a better place" is a bit over the top, we outsiders who aren't on guaranteed salaries and fat pensions should make an allowance that the letter-carriers, cops, bus drivers, firemen, etc are for the most part ordinary decent folk who are just trying to make a go of it in life like the rest of us, and doing a darn good job at it. I liked my mail-carrier so much I got him a bottle of Crown for Christmas, and I thought he was going to cry, he was so happy. So therefore, let's get more specific on these rants - I am tired of bashing the common mail-carrier/union member, and I am also tired of Heymac playing the role of the injured hero standing up for his fellow proles against the evil giant Big Brother out to crush them. Both are just not true.

The real villain in all of this, if Heymac's constant posts of blarney from them isn't enough, is the CUPW top echelon. As much as Heymac calls Harper a scumbag constantly, he's really just deflecting blame from the real scumbags. As with any government or organization whose "members" or people they enslave encompass a vast majority of uneducated labourers, the best strategy is to keep them as uneducated as possible, and constantly pump them full of manure about how everyone is out to "get" them, and how their sole raison d'etre is to protect said uneducated proles from these evil rapscallion overlords. In CUPW's case, the rapscallions are the Canadian government, and Canada Post itself, naturally. Hence, to accomplish this goal, you consistently email your "members" aka enslaved dues payers, Chavez-like fist-pumping chest-pounding manifestos using words like "Pigheaded" and liberally sprinkling your diatribes with exclamation points. You then of course, put the icing on the propaganda cake, and sign your nutty rants with "in solidarity" to really drive home the point, that we are all in this "war" together against our evil oppressors. It is no surprise that a union lifer like Heymac is so brain-washed by this nonsense that of course Harper is a "scumbag" and Canada Post is "evil" and "greedy", even "pig-headed" - I mean - look at the foolishness he's been bombarded with by the CUPW brain-washing crew his entire career.

So to sum up - SL - I hear you - it is wrong to direct venom at the common union member (even though I reserve venom for common union slugs who threatened my sister and wife - those people I will never forget or easily forgive) and reserve it for the scum that is doing mass dis-service to said union members through mandatory union dues and filling their heads with giant piles of lies, causing needless and unnecessary bad will all around just to serve selfish personal interests. I will try and remember this in the future. And this I promise you, IN SOLIDARITY.

The Green Barbarian
Regional Castanet Poster
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Aug 20th, 2011, 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

Urbane wrote:
    heymac wrote:
    Urbane wrote:Good thing Harper ordered you back to work so that the profits won't dip as much as they would have with a longer strike. He waited much longer than Trudeau or Chretien did to order the CP employees back to work but you still called him nasty names even though he gave you extra time. It was good to see the Canadian public siding with the government on this issue and the employees should make note of that for next time.

Obviously you weren't paying attention. it was a lock out not a strike and the employees offered to go back before the legislation. but Harper (scumbag) wanted to look good for their supporters causing a delay and costing CP more in lost profits. And 8 out of 10 comments to the posties by their customers have been in support of their letter carriers. It's quite funny when you then hand them a letter from their leader asking for money and see it in the the recyclable bin the next day.
The lockout only occurred after the rotating STRIKE action by the union.

Shhh….the CUPW Union likes to pretend that part never happened…. Hard to play the "victim" card when your own stupidity in first provoking job action started the conflict in the first place. Big brother must always blame someone else.
Back with a vengeance
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
heymac wrote:

I think Heymac and SL have pointed out an important distinction here that we all should take into account. I agree that while the hyperbole "attacking the ones that make this world a better place" is a bit over the top, we outsiders who aren't on guaranteed salaries and fat pensions should make an allowance that the letter-carriers, cops, bus drivers, firemen, etc are for the most part ordinary decent folk who are just trying to make a go of it in life like the rest of us, and doing a darn good job at it. I liked my mail-carrier so much I got him a bottle of Crown for Christmas, and I thought he was going to cry, he was so happy. So therefore, let's get more specific on these rants - I am tired of bashing the common mail-carrier/union member, and I am also tired of Heymac playing the role of the injured hero standing up for his fellow proles against the evil giant Big Brother out to crush them. Both are just not true.

The real villain in all of this, if Heymac's constant posts of blarney from them isn't enough, is the CUPW top echelon. As much as Heymac calls Harper a scumbag constantly, he's really just deflecting blame from the real scumbags. As with any government or organization whose "members" or people they enslave encompass a vast majority of uneducated labourers, the best strategy is to keep them as uneducated as possible, and constantly pump them full of manure about how everyone is out to "get" them, and how their sole raison d'etre is to protect said uneducated proles from these evil rapscallion overlords. In CUPW's case, the rapscallions are the Canadian government, and Canada Post itself, naturally. Hence, to accomplish this goal, you consistently email your "members" aka enslaved dues payers, Chavez-like fist-pumping chest-pounding manifestos using words like "Pigheaded" and liberally sprinkling your diatribes with exclamation points. You then of course, put the icing on the propaganda cake, and sign your nutty rants with "in solidarity" to really drive home the point, that we are all in this "war" together against our evil oppressors. It is no surprise that a union lifer like Heymac is so brain-washed by this nonsense that of course Harper is a "scumbag" and Canada Post is "evil" and "greedy", even "pig-headed" - I mean - look at the foolishness he's been bombarded with by the CUPW brain-washing crew his entire career.

So to sum up - SL - I hear you - it is wrong to direct venom at the common union member (even though I reserve venom for common union slugs who threatened my sister and wife - those people I will never forget or easily forgive) and reserve it for the scum that is doing mass dis-service to said union members through mandatory union dues and filling their heads with giant piles of lies, causing needless and unnecessary bad will all around just to serve selfish personal interests. I will try and remember this in the future. And this I promise you, IN SOLIDARITY.

The Green Barbarian
Regional Castanet Poster

Very well said. That is just a dam good post. Nice to see you have a sane side unlike some of us People.
Back with a vengeance
heymac
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by heymac »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
heymac wrote:

The Green Barbarian
Regional Castanet Poster

I wouldn't call $2000 (pre tax) a month fat. If anyone union or not threatened my sister and wife i'd call the cops. Where are the union lies?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

The Green Barbarian wrote: So to sum up - SL - I hear you - ... And this I promise you, IN SOLIDARITY.

The Green Barbarian
Regional Castanet Poster

:130: ( I'd ask ya down to the union hall - but we don't have one )
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

steven lloyd wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote: So to sum up - SL - I hear you - ... And this I promise you, IN SOLIDARITY.

The Green Barbarian
Regional Castanet Poster

:130: ( I'd ask ya down to the union hall - but we don't have one )

I am sure that anywhere we go that serves beer will suffice! :)
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”