"We don't need any grounds. We're the United States."

razzledazzle
Lord of the Board

"We don't need any grounds. We're the United States."

Post by razzledazzle »

What to expect if you don't kiss the *bleep* of the bullies & morons at the US border

http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/defe ... tates.html
juz516
Board Meister

Re: "We don't need any grounds. We're the United States."

Post by juz516 »

And you don't think there are *bleep*, morons and bullies at the Canadian Border? There are hundreds of stories going the other direction as well. I, for one, have had more hassles from the Canadian Border guards than any where else in the world we have travelled.
razzledazzle
Lord of the Board

Post by razzledazzle »

juz516 wrote:And you don't think there are *bleep*, morons and bullies at the Canadian Border? There are hundreds of stories going the other direction as well. I, for one, have had more hassles from the Canadian Border guards than any where else in the world we have travelled.

All border guards think they are gods.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

not all of them. some of them are really nice people. but there are a few that need to be doing something else. like running a slave ship or something. :lol:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

ha ha - listening to the tape, all I can say is that the Canadian guy is a total moron. Once you start getting beligerent with a border guard, no matter where in the world you are, you are in trouble. Keep your answers to the point and short. Once you start saying "I am not a terrorist!" then you are hooped. Anyone with half a functioning brain cell knows this. Anyone with half a functioning brain cell would also listen to this tape and definitely understand that it's not the border guards in this tape that are the bullies, just the guy crossing is an idiot.

Anyone trying to use this as some sort of anti-American thing is only going to get the usual naive mush-heads to fall for it. If you've ever crossed a border in the US, or crossed back into Canada, you'll run into border guards with attitudes. Such is life - give them the respect they demand and you'll get through, be a jack-ass and you'll wind up like this fool.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Shrapnel
Fledgling

Post by Shrapnel »

I had to check the "Don't Touch My Junk" video. I thought it was the same guy. It wasn't :(

Did you notice how he told his Wife to sit down? As soon as she said "why?" he just repeated himself lol.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

lol yes. and...i'm not thinking this is for real. i've never heard of an immigration officer explaining all that stuff to anyone. and they locked him up without searching him and finding his recording device? right. :lol:
instead of blaming immigration (on either side) for stuff like this we need to be thanking the idiots that have ruined it for the people that just want to 'go shopping.
like these stellar citizens:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s ... ng13m.html
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

All he had to say in respectful attitude I'm going to a mall to shop.

2 places when traveling you don't give (bad) attitude/belligerent are border guards &/or customs agents. Your just asking for problems.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

exactly hockeyfan1970. i was just thinking...if this guy showed up at my front door wanting to come into my home...not bloody likely i'd be letting him OR his wife in any time soon. :lol:
― Albert Einstein
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

You will never *one-up* or win an argument with a border guard.

The guy on the tape could have just simply answered the questions without getting defensive. We all probably have stories of being asked the oddest things at the border, you just answer best you can. We are being guests in other countries, we have to be respectful.
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Somebody brought up the video before.

The guy is a complete imbecile.

Deserves to sit in jail for a bit to get his head straight.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

If they had acted like that in any other country I would warrant they would be in jail for a very,very, VERY long time!
Chill
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

That guy's an idiot. All there is to it.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

The Green Barbarian wrote:ha ha - listening to the tape, all I can say is that the Canadian guy is a total moron.

I fully agree.

The Guard is a moron, but the Canadian traveler is a *bleep*.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The Canadian Guy was wrong to lose his temper the way he did, because its true you can never win an argument with a border guard. However, that said, it IS ridiculous for a border guard who has just been told the people are going to a mall to then ask them WHICH store they're going to visit. I think this particular border guard was looking to create some kind of confrontation. Maybe he doesn't like Canadians, I don't know, but I do know that I've heard several of my friends who frequently cross the border say they also have run into unusually belligerant border guards recently.

One would think that, given the current state of the US economy, that they would welcome Canadian tourists who want to spend their money in the US. But while the US Federal and State govenments may feel that way, it would appear there are some border guards who have some sort of a chip on their shoulder regarding Canadians.

We have friends who are in their sixties who own property in the states and have been hassled at the border. It's becoming a regular occurence. For my own part, I've heard so many stories about unfriendly, harrassing border guards that I've made a resolution to spend my money anywhere EXCEPT in the good old US of A.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “Canada”