N.L. police kicked, insulted woman during arrest

goatboy
Guru

Re: N.L. police kicked, insulted woman during arrest

Post by goatboy »

Further Update:
http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2011-09-04/article-2740385/Under-arrest-Ontario-woman-claims-son-was-murdered/1

Darlene Ann Castle, 45, lives in Scarborough, Ontario but was arrested in Corner Brook last night, after allegedly assaulting a police officer. She claims her arrest was not long after she was told her son had been murdered, back in her home province.

Castle appeared by way of teleconference in provincial court in St. John’s this morning — as part of the weekend and statutory holiday court session.

She has been charged with one count of assaulting an RNC officer and one count of mischief, for allegedly damaging an RNC vehicle.

Castle, who said she is vacationing in this province, had refused to speak with duty counsel prior to her court appearance to receive advise, but did ultimately speak with someone with Legal Aid out of Corner Brook.

“My son was murdered on Friday night,” she said when her matter was called. “My 19-year-old baby.”

Castle, who sounded shaken and distressed throughout her appearance, said she was informed of the news about 6 p.m. last night. She claimed it is responsible for what resulted in her arrest. However, she did not admit any guilt on the specific charges filed against her and has not yet entered any kind of plea.

Discussion turned to having her released under specific conditions, as outlined in a court order. Due to statements she made about her son’s death and an impending funeral service in Ontario, the Crown offered to alter one of the conditions. It had stated she remain in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador until her case is addressed. The court order now allows for her to return to Ontario.

However, “if you are going to leave the province, you have to notify the RNC of your whereabouts,” judge Lois Skanes directed.

Skanes was conducting the court session by telephone from St. John’s. She asked Castle if she planned to return to Ontario for the funeral.

“I have not spoken to any of my family. I don’t even know what happened or who killed — yes, I’m going to have to go bury my son,” she replied.

The Crown requested a $500 cash deposit prior to the her release. She said she did not have a purse or debit card with her.

As it turns out, she had been moved from holding cells in Corner Brook to the RCMP detachment in Deer Lake, because no female guards had been available to supervise her detention in Corner Brook, according to the Crown prosecutor.

Castle suggested even if she was able to retrieve her belongings and access her accounts, losing $500 would make her return to Ontario difficult.

The Crown offered that someone in this province might act as a surety for her, pledging $500 in the event she does not comply with the conditions of her court order. She agreed and the surety was being arranged as of early this afternoon.

Meanwhile, The Telegram has yet to find record of any murder of a 19-year-old man in Ontario in the last few days, however has not yet exhausted all resources.

Castle is due to be back in court in Corner Brook to speak to the charges against her on Sept. 27.

NOTE: Correction made at 3:05 p.m. Monday. Article had incorrectly stated Castle was being held in RNC holding cells. The RNC has no cells in Corner Brook and she was, in fact, being held in Department of Justice holding cells. She was, as is stated, moved from those cells to Deer Lake.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

Ljjumbles wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:
Ljjumbles wrote:
However it seems like some people have the mentality that its acceptable to call people derogatory names just for the heck of it, or when your angry, even your wife it would seem...so perhaps I am wrong and he just felt like calling her a sl_t.

Who has said it is acceptable to call other people derogatory names?

Ummm...lets see.

Ljjumbles wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:Use of "*bleep*" does actually make sense. Many people, man and women, have it at the ready when insulting a woman, regardless of the situation.

I disagree, although it definitely depends on one's frame of reference. When I insult a woman (not that it's a common occurrence), I use the "female dog" word. ANYONE and EVERYONE could be called a bi--h. It's suitable for almost any situation. Even men sometimes, lol.

Calling someone a sl_t only really works if the person is dressed like a hooker, the situation calls for it and/or the person is known for sleeping around.

If you get into a fight with your wife, you call her a B. You don't call her a S. It doesn't make sense.

Unless this woman was known to police for prostitution or something, I don't understand the insult. But who knows... maybe during the 4pm call to police, she propositioned a guy or two. Maybe even a cop. I guess we don't really know much about this complaint.

You're assuming everyone is in the same frame of mind as you. In disagreements with females (usually in high school) I've pulled out sl_t. I've heard many other people refer to women as sl_ts with absolutely no knowledge of how promiscuous they are or aren't. I cannot say that it makes no sense. It actually makes total sense to me. When you're angry or frustrated some words just pop out. Hell, I've called bolts sl_t before. It's really quite naive to say he probably only called her sl_t because she was dressed like a hooker.

So like I said early. It is very possible that this woman was a prostitute thus leading the officer to call her a sl_t. However it seems like some people have the mentality that its acceptable to call people derogatory names just for the heck of it, or when your angry, even your wife it would seem...so perhaps I am wrong and he just felt like calling her a sl_t.

nuff said.

Wow. Okay, just because it happens doesn't make it okay. Just because it's not okay, doesn't mean I've never called a woman a name.
You seriously don't understand anything and by the way:
Ljjumbles wrote: However it seems like some people have the mentality that its acceptable to call people derogatory names just for the heck of it, or when your angry, even your wife it would seem...so perhaps I am wrong and he just felt like calling her a sl_t.

Don't ever talk about my, or anyone's wife again. Seriously, it's very low class.
And I think you are wrong and he just felt like calling her a sl_t.
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

Mr. Personality wrote:
Ljjumbles wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:
Ljjumbles wrote:
However it seems like some people have the mentality that its acceptable to call people derogatory names just for the heck of it, or when your angry, even your wife it would seem...so perhaps I am wrong and he just felt like calling her a sl_t.

Ummm...lets see.

Ljjumbles wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:Use of "*bleep*" does actually make sense. Many people, man and women, have it at the ready when insulting a woman, regardless of the situation.

I disagree, although it definitely depends on one's frame of reference. When I insult a woman (not that it's a common occurrence), I use the "female dog" word. ANYONE and EVERYONE could be called a bi--h. It's suitable for almost any situation. Even men sometimes, lol.

Calling someone a sl_t only really works if the person is dressed like a hooker, the situation calls for it and/or the person is known for sleeping around.

If you get into a fight with your wife, you call her a B. You don't call her a S. It doesn't make sense.

Unless this woman was known to police for prostitution or something, I don't understand the insult. But who knows... maybe during the 4pm call to police, she propositioned a guy or two. Maybe even a cop. I guess we don't really know much about this complaint.

You're assuming everyone is in the same frame of mind as you. In disagreements with females (usually in high school) I've pulled out sl_t. I've heard many other people refer to women as sl_ts with absolutely no knowledge of how promiscuous they are or aren't. I cannot say that it makes no sense. It actually makes total sense to me. When you're angry or frustrated some words just pop out. Hell, I've called bolts sl_t before. It's really quite naive to say he probably only called her sl_t because she was dressed like a hooker.

So like I said early. It is very possible that this woman was a prostitute thus leading the officer to call her a sl_t. However it seems like some people have the mentality that its acceptable to call people derogatory names just for the heck of it, or when your angry, even your wife it would seem...so perhaps I am wrong and he just felt like calling her a sl_t.

nuff said.

Wow. Okay, just because it happens doesn't make it okay. Just because it's not okay, doesn't mean I've never called a woman a name.
Ljjumbles wrote: However it seems like some people have the mentality that its acceptable to call people derogatory names just for the heck of it, or when your angry, even your wife it would seem...so perhaps I am wrong and he just felt like calling her a sl_t.

Don't ever talk about my, or anyone's wife again. Seriously, it's very low class.

Dude you are seriously wound up tight. I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING?? I understand completely.
I'm not the low class one that brought up anyone's wife. It was fvkasm2x and I was pointing out just how low class it was. So get off my back and quit being ridiculous. Both of you were talking about insulting women with derogatory names, not me. So how about you suck on that!
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Ljjumbles wrote:Dude you are seriously wound up tight. I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING?? I understand completely.
I'm not the low class one that brought up anyone's wife. It was fvkasm2x and I was pointing out just how low class it was. So get off my back and quit being ridiculous. Both of you were talking about insulting women with derogatory names, not me. So how about you suck on that!

Do you know the difference between an example and reality?
So far I really don't think you do.
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

Mr. Personality wrote:
Ljjumbles wrote:Dude you are seriously wound up tight. I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING?? I understand completely.

Do you know the difference between an example and reality?
So far I really don't think you do.

Yes I do know the difference between example and reality. Lets say for example you think you're *bleep* me off..well the reality is that you aren't. I actually find you quite amusing.

Here's another "example" of your obvious ignorance. "Don't ever talk about my, or anyone's wife again. Seriously, it's very low class."...really? You think that you somehow have a right to tell me what I can and can't say..haha get over yourself.

Oh..and here's another reality. I really don't care what you think.
As for the topic at hand..IMO she's a hooker. She lost it. She kicked a cop on purpose. She got what she asked for. pfft!
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

Anybody wanna bust out the popcorn?
tripcoutthev
Fledgling

Post by tripcoutthev »

:popcorn:

I agree with jumbles on this one.
When I want your opinion I'll give it to you.
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

Ljjumbles wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:
Ljjumbles wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:
Ljjumbles wrote:

Ummm...lets see.

Ljjumbles wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:

nuff said.

Dude you are seriously wound up tight. I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING?? I understand completely.

So my opinion of this event has been challenged. Great! That's what these forums are for. This woman was clearly intoxicated, police had been called earlier and she was still in the location of the first call. Why should I feel sorry for her and agree with someone calling it police brutality. Its not. She didn't leave the area, she continued to behave in a disruptive behavior. She got what was coming to her. The reason the cop probably called her a *bleep* was because either she is, or he assumes that she is, a prostitute.

and on a side note: Mr. Personality, if you're going to send me another PM. Please expect me to respond. For you to send me a PM and then tell me not to respond is ridiculous.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Ljjumbles wrote:So my opinion of this event has been challenged. Great! That's what these forums are for. This woman was clearly intoxicated, police had been called earlier and she was still in the location of the first call. Why should I feel sorry for her and agree with someone calling it police brutality. Its not. She didn't leave the area, she continued to behave in a disruptive behavior. She got what was coming to her. The reason the cop probably called her a *bleep* was because either she is, or he assumes that she is, a prostitute.

It's equally possible and plausible that she's not a prostitute and the cop is simply a jackwagon. Him calling her a particular name means nothing. If he had called her a b_tch would you assume she's a canine? If it was a guy and he called her a b_st_rd, would you think he only said it because he must know the man's parents aren't married?
In short, you're still making a HUGE assumption.

Ljjumbles wrote:and on a side note: Mr. Personality, if you're going to send me another PM. Please expect me to respond. For you to send me a PM and then tell me not to respond is ridiculous.

PMs are meant to keep threads on topic. Please stay on topic.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Ljjumbles wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:
Ljjumbles wrote:

Ummm...lets see.

Ljjumbles wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:

nuff said.

Not really. Neither of us said it was appropriate or right to do it...

I said "IF" you get into a fight (which is a hypothetical). Mr. P talked about incidents in highschool, when he was a kid.

You've never said or done something you regret? Like making assinine posts on the forum, perhaps?
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

fvkasm2x wrote:
Ljjumbles wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:
Ljjumbles wrote:

Ummm...lets see.

Ljjumbles wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:

nuff said.

I said "IF" you get into a fight (which is a hypothetical). Mr. P talked about incidents in highschool, when he was a kid.

You've never said or done something you regret? Like making assinine posts on the forum, perhaps?

Actually I never stated that either of you said that it was appropriate. I said some people have the mentality that its acceptable. Highlighting statements made by both of you was merely pointing out that in some cases (for example) these names have been used in the past. I challenge you to find where I said that Mr. P and fvkasm2x find it appropriate to use these terms when referring to women.
Of course we've all said things we regret...but it would appear that its more than just me belting out assinine posts.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Ljjumbles wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:
Ljjumbles wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:
Ljjumbles wrote:

Ummm...lets see.

Ljjumbles wrote:
Mr. Personality wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:

nuff said.

Actually I never stated that either of you said that it was appropriate. I said some people have the mentality that its acceptable. Highlighting statements made by both of you was merely pointing out that in some cases (for example) these names have been used in the past. I challenge you to find where I said that Mr. P and fvkasm2x find it appropriate to use these terms when referring to women.
Of course we've all said things we regret...but it would appear that its more than just me belting out assinine posts.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
You may not have said the words, "Mr. P and fvkasm2x find it appropriate to use these terms when referring to women." but by highlighting our posts you sure indicated that we do. There's no denying that one.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Mr. Personality wrote:You may not have said the words, "Mr. P and fvkasm2x find it appropriate to use these terms when referring to women." but by highlighting our posts you sure indicated that we do. There's no denying that one.

Agreed.

I asked you who said it was acceptable. You then quoted both of us and said "Nuff said" which indicates that we find it acceptable.

I accept your apology in advance.
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

fvkasm2x wrote:I accept your apology in advance.

I'll accept when it's given.
fvkasm2x is a nicer guy than I am.
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

Mr. Personality wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:I accept your apology in advance.

I'll accept when it's given.
fvkasm2x is a nicer guy than I am.

Even though fvkasm2x was sarcastic with his remark about accepting my apology in advance, at least I'd be willing to apologize to him if he felt that I insulted him. However, I know that you are waiting with baited breath for my next post so I'll repeat what I've told you before. Don't hold your breath Mr. P.

Return to “Canada”