Olympic Stadium.

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Olympic Stadium.

Post by Ken7 »

Will they blow up Olympic Stadium?
by The Canadian Press - Story: 64656
Sep 14, 2011 / 4:17 pm

Photo: The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.
The urn in front of Montreal's Olympic Stadium in which the Olympic flame burned during the 1976 Olympics in Montreal is relit on August 8, 2008 and will remain lit for the duration of the Olympics in Beijing.

THE CANADIAN PRESS/Peter McCabe

Quebecers are about to kick off brainstorming sessions on the future of one of Canada's biggest white elephants: Montreal's Olympic Stadium.

"Quebecers are about to kick off brainstorming sessions" If that isn't a Oxymoron. :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

On a serious note.
Why would we knock the stadiums over and destroy millions of dollars of development? Keep them up to date and current. When an Olympic even is scheduled and Canada gets the bid, move it from east, to central and then to the west. IT seems to be a total throw away of cash to move it all over Canada!!

What are your thoughts, maybe someone who has the power to be, might hear about it!!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Olympic Stadium.

Post by grammafreddy »

Kenyo wrote:Will they blow up Olympic Stadium?
by The Canadian Press - Story: 64656
Sep 14, 2011 / 4:17 pm

Photo: The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.
The urn in front of Montreal's Olympic Stadium in which the Olympic flame burned during the 1976 Olympics in Montreal is relit on August 8, 2008 and will remain lit for the duration of the Olympics in Beijing.

THE CANADIAN PRESS/Peter McCabe

Quebecers are about to kick off brainstorming sessions on the future of one of Canada's biggest white elephants: Montreal's Olympic Stadium.

"Quebecers are about to kick off brainstorming sessions" If that isn't a Oxymoron. :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

On a serious note.
Why would we knock the stadiums over and destroy millions of dollars of development? Keep them up to date and current. When an Olympic even is scheduled and Canada gets the bid, move it from east, to central and then to the west. IT seems to be a total throw away of cash to move it all over Canada!!

What are your thoughts, maybe someone who has the power to be, might hear about it!!

Not stadiums. One stadium. One albatross that is a monstrous money pit that does nothing to support itself and costs millions of dollars a year to keep.

Bomb it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I expect this is very big sore spot for Montrealers, seeing that only couple of years ago they made the final payments the debit from 1976 Olympic's.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

hockeyfan1970 wrote:I expect this is very big sore spot for Montrealers, seeing that only couple of years ago they made the final payments the debit from 1976 Olympic's.

It makes me shake my head. We should also be *bleep*.

I'm sure out Canadian Government was on the hook also for a portion of the build, were we not??

Return to “Canada”