Government hires $90,000-a-day 'cuts' consultant firm

bornhere63
Fledgling

Re: Government hires $90,000-a-day 'cuts' consultant firm

Post by bornhere63 »

How much is that temporary House of Commons going to cost to build so they have pretty offices while they renovate the Historical House of Commons? Can't they just renovate while the MPs are on vacation? And who among us hasn't worked a little drywall dust? There's your cut, people! Free. Now you can cancel the expensive guys. Perhaps if they email a line by line budget I can work out the rest by the end of the week.

Funny how we can pay these guys $90,000 a day but can't afford to pay teachers that for a year!
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

Piecemaker wrote:It is also a huge task toconduct a review like that and is not something that can be done by the Finance minister and his staff while they go about the day-to-day financial business of running the country.

Isn't part of their job undertaking the huge task of "running the country" and figuring out how to be thrifty in Government? After all they have the reigns now. Wasn't that their platform?

Tell you what. I will be Kelowna's financial adviser. Pay me 120 thousand a year and I will hire some guys at 60 thousand a year, wear a suit over to city hall and tell them all about what they advise.

Did people vote the Conservatives in, or Delliott Consulting Inc? I guess it wasn't "the Conservatives" that knew what was best for Canada, so much as Delliott Inc does.

Using taxpayer money to get someone else to do their job doesn't sound too awesome to me.

Apparently in the past the Liberals did this but kept it in house, and before that Mulroney got a private sector firm to produce a 25 volume report of government bureaucracy.
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Piecemaker wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:So, they spend $19.8M and save $4B as a result?

Not a bad investment...

True, and the "cuts" can be viewed as non-partisan.

Good point.

Another reason for an outside agency is not to rely on departments for cutting themselves.

...so they get somebody that knows nothing about how things work in systems and ministries to come in and slash. Might be a good point but its terrible logic.

That is how people fall through cracks and people get 3 welfare checks. Why there is mentally ill people walking around the streets. Why "case workers" are overloaded. We have seen it countless times before.

The only people that are going to suffer because of these cuts is us. Obviously there is self interest involved, but if cuts "have" to be made they will be made and the people on the ground should have to make the tough choices, not some "consultants".

Meeting with "The Bob's" ! TPS reports. PC load letter.

Return to “Canada”