Getting tough on crime, and it's about time!

james-d
Banned

Re: Getting tough on crime, and it's about time!

Post by james-d »

*removed/Jo*
process99
Board Meister

Post by process99 »

james-d wrote:Again the absolute best system , I have ever heard of is California's # strike Law, It is the best form of prevention, and would work real well here. # times being stupid and the innocent public you would prey on are protected from you. I don't care about that criminal anymore 3 times stupid HE HAS NO RIGHTS!!!!!

It has MANY flaws, it is just a knee jerk law that was not fixed or repealed, yet. Heres a start for you to really look closer.
http://www.shouselaw.com/three-strikes.html

P99
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

james-d wrote:To Cork Soaker, As I figured you have not been asking people on the street that voted Harper in ,And Why He will Win again. You revert to The News media are a bunch of liars because it does not fit in with your twisted thinking. Man you really must get out more and speak with those in the real world and quit reading so much that it clouds your mind.

:dyinglaughing: Look at the pot calling the kettle black. Seriously, I kind of feel sorry for you man.

james-d wrote:As far as crime is concerned .The Harper Govt. is on the right track and that is why , Save for a few harper bashers We may see a change in how criminals are treated in this country, ABOUT TIME. I know we may have to lay out some tax dollars to pay for prisons, But we are going to get them. Thank God and Mr. Harper. at least his govt is doing something to protect society now Because the last 30 years or so of , Let's be nice, HAS NOT WORKED.

Crime rates have almost all been dropping since the early 90s so we are obviously doing something right.

james-d wrote:And it does not matter what law you break. If it is the Law of the land , And you break it. PAY THE PRICE. That is why the laws are there. Now do you understand? You can say all you want about just because the crook was growing pot to sell or use himself. IT IS ILLEGAL. If they change the law , great, no problem, and that sir is why crime pays in Canada, No punishment for breaking that law. Becoming any sharper now? If you steal from someone, you broke the law. If you run someone over with your car, You broke the law. If you kill someone you broke the law. All I'm saying Is punish those responsible ,or we lose control to protect innocent people.Again the absolute best system , I have ever heard of is California's # strike Law, It is the best form of prevention, and would work real well here. # times being stupid and the innocent public you would prey on are protected from you. I don't care about that criminal anymore 3 times stupid HE HAS NO RIGHTS!!!!!

This whole California thing being the best system around, have you done any critical reading about it and how it costs billions of dollars and has many flaws?
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

It is often said that truth is the first casualty of any war
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

james-d wrote:and by the way cork soaker, You never did answer my question, How many convictions are TOO MANY!!!?

Sorry, sir! Did not realize I had to answer all of your questions, sir!
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

james-d
Banned

Post by james-d »

try reposting without personal attacks - Jennylives
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

james-d wrote:To Corksoaker again. You do not have your facts straight, when those programs were implemented by the LIberal govt of the day headed up by Trudeau, Those programs were WELL funded and implemented to the best of their ability, And then they found out they did In fact NOT work and that is why the funding slowed. They also discovered that those that lean towards criminal activity were influenced by peers, and other things as well but mostly because of lack of financial support, lack of education, and I would hazard to quess some just because of a poor gene pool perhaps.

Yup lack of financial support, lack of education, two pretty big precursors to potential criminality. There is a pretty strong negative correlation between socioeconomic standing and crime. So let's further cut both and just lock them up for a longtime and afterwards blame them for not having their *bleep* straight.

james-d wrote:try reposting without personal attacks - Jennylives
Last edited by CorkSoaker on Mar 25th, 2012, 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

james-d
Banned

Post by james-d »

To Cork Soaker, Iam very familiar with the 3 strike law in California, You must understand that the link above is all about how the 3 strike law is no good, COMING from defense attorneys, NO S__T. They are denied millions of dollars in govt paid legal aid, I quess they would hate that law LOL. however I don't think the 3 strike law is perfect, but is is the next best thing, And If you have a better deterrent then lets hear it. I want to hear from the prosecutors who no longer have to try and convict the same guy over and over and over again wasting millions of tax dollars over and over again. Same thing here.have you any idea how much money and time is spent to get one a-- convicted 30 times for the same crime, That is insanity, must be drivng prosecutors nuts doing the same thing to the same guy over and over and over and over and getting the same result .. See ya next month your honour.
james-d
Banned

Post by james-d »

james-d
Banned

Post by james-d »

CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

removed - Jennylives

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

removed - Jennylives
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

james-d wrote:Well here's to all you bleeding heart conservative, Harper hating folks, I only hope that the be easy on crime folks and those that say as Mr lolyd Harper should be putting funding into crime prevention programs that don't work, ARE YOU NUTS ????. I hope after they get let off with a wrist slap these two with 30 convictions each, visit you late at night sometime, Sell drugs to your kids and grand children, Or maybe Just steal from you to support their own habits, CAUSE CRIME DOES PAY IN CANADA. then we will have more converts,after they are done with you clover dancers. as far as I'm concerned throw them in jail ,So we can protect You.??? What do you think???

What do I think? That there are good advertisements to people of a path to avoid when they get old... and have bouts of depression and mean streaks. More attention should be paid to prevention.
james-d wrote:To Cork Soaker, As I figured you have not been asking people on the street that voted Harper in ,And Why He will Win again. You revert to The News media are a bunch of liars because it does not fit in with your twisted thinking. Man you really must get out more and speak with those in the real world and quit reading so much that it clouds your mind. As far as crime is concerned .The Harper Govt. is on the right track and that is why , Save for a few harper bashers We may see a change in how criminals are treated in this country, ABOUT TIME. I know we may have to lay out some tax dollars to pay for prisons, But we are going to get them. Thank God and Mr. Harper.

Don't insult God... some people that attend the House of God to establish legitimacy is the biggest fraud going...

" steven lloyd wrote:
james-d wrote: So where do you get your info now I wonder? The news media must be lying about everything then. If you believe that , then you have a severe problem and should seek proffesional help ASP.

You remind me of an offender I once worked with. In group he loudly complained "Of course all women cheat - don't you watch TV ?" ... cognitive distortions.

" end steven lloyd quote.

James D reminds me of Stephen Harper himself, and of someone that would vote for Harper again...
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
james-d
Banned

Post by james-d »

*removed/Jo*
10Sne1
Übergod

Post by 10Sne1 »

Police-reported crime statistics in Canada, 2010

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2 ... 23-eng.htm

Return to “Canada”