Police to roll out new ride: armoured rescue vehicles

Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Police to roll out new ride: armoured rescue vehicles

Post by Sn0man »

Captain Awesome wrote:
I find it interesting that we have literally hundreds of similar trucks rolling around transporting money and important documents by Brinks, Securicor, and other secure companies, yet when police buys one all hell breaks loose.

I'll try not to sound like an anti-establishment protester when I say this but Brinks does not use their vehicles to suppress dissent. Securicor do not use their vehicles to transport oppression.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Sn0man wrote:I'll try not to sound like an anti-establishment protester when I say this but Brinks does not use their vehicles to suppress dissent. Securicor do not use their vehicles to transport oppression.

That didn't sound like anti-establishment protester at all!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Sn0man wrote:I'll try not to sound like an anti-establishment protester when I say this but Brinks does not use their vehicles to suppress dissent. Securicor do not use their vehicles to transport oppression.

That didn't sound like anti-establishment protester at all!

LOL

Well I tried :spinball:
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

Oh look my favorite topic!

So, when was the last time the OPP came under heavy assault cannon fire?

The Vancouver Police Dept. Just bought one of these as well, because hey, they always get shot at with 50 cal cannons mounted on top of jeeps.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6476

Up until the 1980's SWAT teams were *only* used a few times a year in rare cases of bank robberies with hostages or a barracaded gunman holding kids hostages.

Now they use SWAT teams to serve warrants on shoftlifters and people who duck out on child support payments. I just started a thread showing how they used armed SWAT teams to raid the Gibson Guitar factory over some wood from India - a guitar factory that was open to the public!

The North Hollywood shootout was the most heavily armed resistance the police in North America have ever encountered. Once. In LA. During a Bank Robbery. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

The RCMP have not come under heavy calibre automatic gun fire in their history, as far as their records show. As another poster pointed out, the worse occurred in Alberta - with hunting rifles I may add.

The cops seems to LOVE their toys. They are not a military force (for good reason) but yet slowly, bit by bit, they are arming themselves (without need) to become one. Wake up! Demand justification!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Bagotricks wrote:They are not a military force (for good reason) but yet slowly, bit by bit, they are arming themselves (without need) to become one.

It's a glorified bus, you know.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Bagotricks wrote:They are not a military force (for good reason) but yet slowly, bit by bit, they are arming themselves (without need) to become one.

It's a glorified bus, you know.

...and a AR-15 is a glorified billy club.

If they needed a bus, then buy a bus. They don't need armor plating for civilian use.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

They can't be honest enough to call it an assault vehicle, they think rescue vehicle will sound more acceptable. It is not possible for govt. or cops to tell the real truth.
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “Canada”