Limit CEO salaries NDP says

sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Re: Limit CEO salaries NDP says

Post by sooperphreek »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
sooperphreek wrote:http://news.ca.msn.com/local/britishcolumbia/dollar22b-in-bc-hydro-expenses-deferred

makes you wonder how much of this deferral account has gone into the pockets of the executives and higher up of the company? i think the financial system is a joke if we run deferrals so the high class can keep making their money and then pass it on to the rest of society. but then again many politicians are higher educated businessmen who have created this moronic way of doing things so we shouldn't be surprised.

I agree - they should privatize BC Hydro - that way it would be a public company subject to full disclosure so we could see what the "higher educated" businessmen are taking out of this company. They could also then take all of the lazy sloth employees currently protected by government employees out of the protection of the unions and fire a giant pile of dead wood. Good idea Soop!

naw privatization is worse. they have deferral accounts and tax write offs and then make sure they milk things for everything they can and then declare bankruptcy. and because its a limited company they get to keep their own wealth and possessions and not have to worry. as far as union workers being the bane of existence you are barking up the wrong tree - i turn the hearing aid off when i see crap like that.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

sooperphreek wrote: ... as far as union workers being the bane of existence you are barking up the wrong tree
- i turn the hearing aid off when i see crap like that.

Ya, continually regurgitating erroneous stereotypical rhetoric doesn't help with the credibility.
Get's boring real quick.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

steven lloyd wrote:
sooperphreek wrote: ... as far as union workers being the bane of existence you are barking up the wrong tree
- i turn the hearing aid off when i see crap like that.

Ya, continually regurgitating erroneous stereotypical rhetoric doesn't help with the credibility.
Get's boring real quick.

It's the crap you hear from someone who's been in a union situation and he didn't fair well with it so he needs to trash em at every chance he can, kinda like the old chip on the shoulder that just won't let go once a person's feelings bin hurt. Same guy, same stuff, no matter what thread. Ya gets boring real quick. Someone needs a new tool if he wants to be heard.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

as usual - the union pumpers jump to the union defence without even understanding what I am saying - you can cut the CEO's salary at BC Hydro, but it's a drop in the bucket when compared to the massive salaries paid out to all of the useless sloths in the BC Hydro workforce (and this comes from talking to the Hydro employees I know, *bleep* off at how the union protects all of these bozos who do NOTHING). You cut out that deadwood, you could pay 100 CEO's and still have tons of money to burn. While you guys may want to turn off your hearing aids and bash me for saying it, it's still true, no matter what you want to tell yourself. But of course, Nicole Turmel would never want to go after all of the useless deadwood, and alienate her voter base, much better to go after the low-hanging fruit, the "rich" CEO's.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

The Green Barbarian wrote:as usual - the union pumpers jump to the union defence without even understanding what I am saying

:137: "Let's dissolve all public sector unions and privatize everything". Isn’t that about it ?

The Green Barbarian wrote: ... paid out to all of the useless sloths ...

Ya, okay dickie :smt015
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

steven lloyd wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:as usual - the union pumpers jump to the union defence without even understanding what I am saying

:137: "Let's dissolve all public sector unions and privatize everything". Isn’t that about it ?

LOL - SL- if you are cool with people being paid to do nothing at BC Hydro, there's really nothing further to say. If you are saying this isn't happening, despite obvious evidence that it in fact is happening, mostly due to the union protecting these people such that they can't be fired, then feel free - but all I can do is believe what I am being told by others inside BC Hydro, who witness it every day.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

i find it insane that you use the word "protecting" so loosely. what exactly were the governments doing when they bailed out the financial sector and corporate sector to the tune of multi trillion dollars around the globe. pay a sloth union guy his wages for a trillion years and it still wont compare to the way we threw money on the bonfire recently for no real benefit to anyone besides the richest. among the ashes of irresponsible idiots who fell, our world and brilliant people would have filled the void and create bigger and better things and jobs. the workforce is not the problem. it is the way things are run - and done in business, banking, and government today. if we change that first then id be the first to see reform in correcting the flaws within unions.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:

LOL - SL- if you are cool with people being paid to do nothing at BC Hydro, there's really nothing further to say. If you are saying this isn't happening, despite obvious evidence that it in fact is happening, mostly due to the union protecting these people such that they can't be fired, then feel free - but all I can do is believe what I am being told by others inside BC Hydro, who witness it every day.

This happens in non-union workplaces as well - it's not the sole territory of unions. It's human nature; right up there with "greed". Drives me nuts, as I've come across it in all fields of work, including my current job (non-union, thank god) - I know I could get an even higher wage if they would cut the fat, but unfortunately there's also a lot of laziness & incompetence on management's side as well. Same all over, for the most part. There isn't some imaginary dividing line (between union/non-union/management) where all laziness/incompetence stops/starts.

But hey don't let that get in the way of preconceived notions or anything...
Your bias suits you.

Return to “Canada”