Canada’s ‘brand’ is the best in the world

NAB
Buddha of the Board

Re: Canada’s ‘brand’ is the best in the world

Post by NAB »

OK, at the expense of being repetitive...

NOTE:
The sixth annual FutureBrand Country Brand Index surveys 3,400 international business and leisure travelers from 13 countries on all five continents and is augmented by in-depth expert focus groups in 14 major metropolitan areas around the world.

And

The strength of a country brand is determined in the same way as any other brand: it is measured on levels of awareness, familiarity, preference, consideration, advocacy and active decisions to visit. However, the most important factors that truly differentiate a nation's brand are its associations and attributes, as measured in five dimensions: Tourism, Heritage and Culture, Value System, Quality of Life and Good for Business.
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

NAB wrote:OK, at the expense of being repetitive...

I think your treadmill is broken (try pulling the power plug out of the wall outlet...)
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Corneliousrooster wrote:

I think your treadmill is broken (try pulling the power plug out of the wall outlet...)

Well, I guess if you are unable to understand, absorb and comment on the message, the only way out is to attack the messenger.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
JOF585
Übergod

Post by JOF585 »

NOTE:
The sixth annual FutureBrand Country Brand Index surveys 3,400 international business and leisure travelers from 13 countries on all five continents and is augmented by in-depth expert focus groups in 14 major metropolitan areas around the world.

And

The strength of a country brand is determined in the same way as any other brand: it is measured on levels of awareness, familiarity, preference, consideration, advocacy and active decisions to visit. However, the most important factors that truly differentiate a nation's brand are its associations and attributes, as measured in five dimensions: Tourism, Heritage and Culture, Value System, Quality of Life and Good for Business.

You make me laugh. I thought I was stubborn. LOL !! Not all threads are so serious. No need to always do research.This thread was simply talking about tourism and what is so wonderful about Canada. Lighten up a bit !!
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

NAB wrote:Well, I guess if you are unable to understand, absorb and comment on the message, the only way out is to attack the messenger.

You are leading the topic astray by adding information that does not give the impression that you are implying with regards to it pertaining to BC or that it is about more than just tourism. it said right in the OP it is about BRANDING. Canada has the most sellable tourism brand based on what some people out there think are attributes that others out there would most likely want to spend their money on with regards to tourists/tourism.....

you listed the criteria of the study that helped them produce an outcome - so what exactly are you trying to argue?
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Corneliousrooster wrote:
NAB wrote:Well, I guess if you are unable to understand, absorb and comment on the message, the only way out is to attack the messenger.

You are leading the topic astray by adding information that does not give the impression that you are implying with regards to it pertaining to BC or that it is about more than just tourism. it said right in the OP it is about BRANDING. Canada has the most sellable tourism brand based on what some people out there think are attributes that others out there would most likely want to spend their money on with regards to tourists/tourism.....

you listed the criteria of the study that helped them produce an outcome - so what exactly are you trying to argue?

Actually, you are the one who led the topic astray starting on page one by trying to make it all about tourism, which it clearly is not. Why anyone would get so bent out of shape over it being pointed out how the company the OP posted about arrives at its brand ranking and persist in trying to relate it all to tourism is beyond me.

Nab
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

NAB wrote:Actually, you are the one who led the topic astray starting on page one by trying to make it all about tourism, which it clearly is not. Why anyone would get so bent out of shape over it being pointed out how the company the OP posted about arrives at its brand ranking and persist in trying to relate it all to tourism is beyond me.

Nab

Not sure how you are making it out that I was making it "all about tourism"/ My posts were responses to earlier postings and in context to the material I was responding to. I was not disputing where you were stating the findings came from and how they came to them - but where and how you decided to inject them into the conversation seemed to be out of left field (which is evident from the multitude of responses questioning why you were posting when people were just reflecting on some of the great things tourists flock to canada for.
DerKaiser
Board Meister

Post by DerKaiser »

Really...tourists don't really "flock" to Canada....
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Corneliousrooster wrote:
NAB wrote:Actually, you are the one who led the topic astray starting on page one by trying to make it all about tourism, which it clearly is not. Why anyone would get so bent out of shape over it being pointed out how the company the OP posted about arrives at its brand ranking and persist in trying to relate it all to tourism is beyond me.

Nab

Not sure how you are making it out that I was making it "all about tourism"/ My posts were responses to earlier postings and in context to the material I was responding to. I was not disputing where you were stating the findings came from and how they came to them - but where and how you decided to inject them into the conversation seemed to be out of left field (which is evident from the multitude of responses questioning why you were posting when people were just reflecting on some of the great things tourists flock to canada for.

Not out of left field at all. I posted on topic on page one, but I guess you were too involved in trying to start an argument with DerKaiser over tourism to notice. I'm just trying to keep to the topic, and avoid getting caught up in too many off topic "reflections" on the tourism front.

Nab
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

DerKaiser wrote:Really...tourists don't really "flock" to Canada....

Tourists or otherwise, actually while Canada didn't even rank among the top ten international arrivals destinations in either 2008, 2009 or 2010 ((both the USA (~56 million international arrivals) and Mexico (~22 million) did though)). Canada does consistently show at 14th spot or so however. The USA ranked second in each case and Mexico #10, while #1 by a country mile was France (~79 million). Canada did consistently make #3 behind the USA and Mexico in the Americas alone however.

According to various "tourism" stats, (2010 ~ 16 million) international arrivals to Canada has been somewhat in decline since 2000 (when it was ~20 million). Still, out of an apparent global total of some 900 million plus "tourists" it's quite a small market share.

Nab
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Nab's right. I'm sorry.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

What happened the last page or so? You guys kill me. :dyinglaughing:

Anyway, relevant link. (I think? see above lol)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2011/10/03/the-best-countries-for-business/
Your bias suits you.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Woodenhead wrote: Anyway, relevant link. (I think? see above lol)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2011/10/03/the-best-countries-for-business/

:-k Hmmm - not just a nice place to visit ...

... as a tourist seeking awe and adventure, :wink:

but # 1 for business :)
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

this is coming from the former Liberal debt and deficit fighter???

Former PM worries Canada isn't investing enough to remain competitve
excerpts...

""Mr. Martin said it would be a mistake for Canadians, watching the crisis in Europe, to believe "we are blessed by God" when it comes to economic management. If complacency becomes entrenched, Canada's factories and research institutions "will pay the price," Mr. Martin said.

"We should be investing very heavily in the things that will make us competitive," despite the deficit, Mr. Martin said. "It worries me we won't do that." "

Nab

Return to “Canada”