18,600 more jobs unexpectedly lost in November

NAB
Buddha of the Board

Re: 18,600 more jobs unexpectedly lost in November

Post by NAB »

"austerity'!!!! Gawd how I love that word :sunshine:

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Look at all those leaches!.

Whinning about having to go somewhere each workday to pick up their glorified welfare cheques.

Tens of thousands of people joined rallies around the UK as a public sector strike over pensions disrupted schools, hospitals and other services.

About two-thirds of state schools shut, and thousands of hospital operations were postponed, as unions estimated up to two million people went on strike.

The TUC called it "the biggest strike in a generation". The prime minister described it as "a damp squib".

Unions oppose plans to make members pay more and work longer to earn pensions.
Not afraid to say "It".
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

NAB wrote:Yup, there are some positive notes - if you happen to be in Ontario - but any good news there, even "eked out" encouraging news, is something worth writing home about... although how "encouraging" it may be depends on one's perspective and where one lives I suppose.

Nab

Good news in Ontario. A stable tax regime with the HST and good news on the job front. Good for them.

Good thing BC showed Gordo not to lie to us, eh? We don't need jobs like Ontario got, nor the $3 billion we just threw down the toilet. We just needed to teach that smug bas***d a lesson!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Ya, at least Ontario had the sense to get their overall tax regime reasonably right, including their HST both in terms of planning, design and implementation. Not perfect of course because it still kept the two tax regimes making it up separate with the result of creating disharmony and more wasted dollars associated with the other HST provinces getting jealous and demanding a bribe too. Too bad BC couldn't have put as much thought and effort into theirs and as a result messed the BC HST up so bady, but then they had to protect their ridiculous Carbon Tax in addition and defeat the whole purpose of sales tax harmonization and resulting simplification. There's an old saying along the lines of "anything worth doing is worth doing right". BC never seemed to learn that lesson. And another one... "why is there never enough time and money to do something right, but always enough time and money to do it over?"

By the way, did you miss or just choose to ignore my post in the other thread responding to yours, ...or has the cat got your tongue on those points?

Oh, and did you miss the post above by Logical, or even notice that the reference is to that long touted "home of VAT" that we put so much faith in, the UK? ;-)

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Unemployment rates by province in November:

Newfoundland and Labrador 13.2%

Prince Edward Island 11.1%

Nova Scotia 8.6%

New Brunswick 9.8%

Quebec 8.0%

Ontario 7.9%

Manitoba 5.5%

Saskatchewan 5.1%

Alberta 5.0%

British Columbia 7.0%
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

And those are not even the REAL numbers. Scary.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

7% isn't that bad. They say 4-5% is the absolute lowest rate of unemployment.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “Canada”