its about time

D suzuki
Fledgling

its about time

Post by D suzuki »

The RCMP officers who confronted Robert Dziekanski at Vancouver's airport the night the Polish man died are scheduled to stand trial on perjury charges late next year and 2013.

i got this from a casta-net story your thoughts?
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Re: its about time

Post by NAB »

I'd like to see them on trial for murder, not just perjury.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Try walking into any airport in most other countries and you would get stitched front and back if you pulled something like Dziekanski did.

It is unfortunate that the officers apparently did whitewash their stories and so they must face that reality.

I trust they will ultimately and separately understand that there are some orders from 'on high' you need to ignore in order to maintain personal integrity.
Chill
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

NAB wrote:I'd like to see them on trial for murder, not just perjury.

Nab

yep.. me too
JOF585
Übergod

Post by JOF585 »

flamingfingers wrote:Try walking into any airport in most other countries and you would get stitched front and back if you pulled something like Dziekanski did.

What he pulled ? After 10 hours of waiting for his mom, he threw a chair and had a stapler in his hands. Because he was frustrated and couldn't speak english he got tasered 5 times. Give me a break. Anybody can read body language. For the short video that the world saw, you could see in his eyes that he was frustrated and scared. Did anybody try to get an interpreter before he was murdered ? No. Shame, shame, shame.
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

By the time this goes to court six years will have passed, the RCMP lawyers will have it thrown out because of the time delay.....

This is a tactic that's used by Crown counsel and the RCMP , in order to protect the chosen few who are deemed above the law................
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

RCMP boss has zero tolerance policy
by The Canadian Press - Story: 68173
Dec 6, 2011 / 7:42 am

Photo: The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.
Newly appointed RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson speaks with the media in the foyer of the House of Commons in Ottawa Wednesday November 16, 2011. The new RCMP boss says he'll root out "dark-hearted behaviour" in the national police force by swiftly firing clear wrong-doers and giving his senior officers the authority to settle disputes without delay.THE CANADIAN PRESS/Adrian Wyld

The new RCMP boss says he'll root out "dark-hearted behaviour" in the national police force by swiftly firing clear wrong-doers and giving his senior officers the authority to settle disputes without delay.

RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson told The Canadian Press that lying, cheating, stealing, intentional use of excessive force and blatant harassment will not be tolerated.
grumpydigger
Lord of the Board

Post by grumpydigger »

The new RCMP boss says he'll root out "dark-hearted behaviour" in the national police force by swiftly firing clear wrong-doers ..........I think I know where He can start with his new policies :dyinglaughing:

Return to “Canada”