BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by Homeownertoo »

I see Rim managed to commemorate the new iPhone launch by shutting down service in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Oh, and the shorts are at a record high. But heck, what do they know. This one's going to the Moon! Guaranteed!

Actually, if the shorts or Rim's next quarterly manage to pound it down to five bucks, I might take a flyer on the chance of a quick bounce when (if!) BB10 ever comes out. Won't hold for long, though. I know Rim too well.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Homeownertoo wrote:Won't hold for long, though. I know Rim too well.

As a retired financial services "professional", I am sure your excellent stock picking skills lost your clients money on RIM. Are you going to answer my last question; name three stocks that you would recommend today and we will see how they perform against RIM over the next year.

Furthermore, RIM is not the only network that breaks down. Telus and Shaw do frequently as well.

Secondly, if you actually did your homework you would know that the shorts on RIM have been at a record for months now. And, if you actually were a `professional, you would know that a a high number of shorts result in a nice price bounce when the shorters are forced to cover their orders.

Look to this quarters earnings to be better than the last two.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Static wrote:
As a retired financial services "professional", I am sure your excellent stock picking skills lost your clients money on RIM. Are you going to answer my last question; name three stocks that you would recommend today and we will see how they perform against RIM over the next year.

Furthermore, RIM is not the only network that breaks down. Telus and Shaw do frequently as well.

Secondly, if you actually did your homework you would know that the shorts on RIM have been at a record for months now. And, if you actually were a `professional, you would know that a a high number of shorts result in a nice price bounce when the shorters are forced to cover their orders.

Look to this quarters earnings to be better than the last two.

I am curious. With the superior financial savy you try to portray yourself as having, why is it that you announce here on Castanet that you had to move to the coast to earn a living. With all that savy I would think you could have managed here in the Okanagan. Or maybe you moved to Vancouver for the affordable housing? How big is that rent cheque for your one bedroom apartment again?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I moved to Vancouver to rid myself of my ex-wife. Other reasons are far more social outlets, young people, a healthier economy, great restaurants, dog parks, the ladies, the weather, and because it is the most beautiful city I have ever seen. I manage people's money, however, the brokerage industry is self-serving ( im Not registered with the securities commision) and as a result, I cannot solicit clients. Working alone is also very lonely so I often find part time work. You know, if you searched hard enough, you woul be able to find my company's website.

PS; the cost of living in Vancouver is the same as KLO once wages are factored in.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

Static wrote:
Homeownertoo wrote:Won't hold for long, though. I know Rim too well.

Smears and personal attacks. That's all you're good for. Keep it up and I'll report you again.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

What's wrong Homeowner, can u not answer my questions? Tell the forum your excellent stock picks. Report me. Your new name should be Pampers:) :dyinglaughing:
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:What's wrong Homeowner, can u not answer my questions? Tell the forum your excellent stock picks. Report me. Your new name should be Pampers:) :dyinglaughing:

How about you start by giving your picks. So far, rim isn't doing so well so let's see your others and we can track them.
You and 71 others Like this post
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

LANDM wrote:How about you start by giving your picks. So far, rim isn't doing so well so let's see your others and we can track them.

Good luck, that is what people pay me for...and RIM is a very cheap stock.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

:coffeecanuck: :-# :smt081
Well, good luck with that then.
Basically all that is left is some long winded claims of grandeur and success.
You and 71 others Like this post
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

RIM is the only current stock recomendation I have at the moment. I am favoring cash because:

1. Stocks, while properly valued in most cases, are offering yields that I beleive are too low. The ones that do offer a decent yield I beleive are not going to offer any real capital gains.

2. I beleive the markets are due for a majot sell-off because it has been awhile since we have experienced one, and they tend to occur every 15-20 months. The market has been in an uptrend for over a year.

3. The world economy is slowing and there will be a contraction in profits forcing cheaper stock prices and increasing the yield in the process.

4. The rule of 72: Whatever yield one receives, divide it into 72, and that is the amount of years one will double his or her money (if reinvested). So, the stocks I want to buy are yielding between 2-3% which will double ones money in 24-35 years. However, if an investor waits for a sell-off, then purchases on a dip and can receive a 4-5% yield, one will double the investment between 14 and 18 years. As a result, it worth ones time to wait for a sell off. I recomended a few income trusts in 2008-2009 that yielded on average 10%, creating a 7-year doubleing period. Again, it is very beneficial to wait for the markets to come to you rather than chase it.
Last edited by Static on Sep 25th, 2012, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Rims subscriber base grew another 2m this quarter... :nyah: Who cares though, they won't be around in a years time. :dyinglaughing:
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Static wrote:Rims subscriber base grew another 2m this quarter... :nyah:

I believe Apple sold three times as much in ONE DAY.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

RIM goes after a completely different customer. For a company with an outdated phone, it's not a bad increase.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This is entertaining thread goes very well with my :popcorn: so please keep it up.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

When RIM first started talking up BlackBerry 10, its next-gen operating system slated to launch early next year, the company spoke of reclaiming its number one spot with a vengeance. Well, they have apparently abandoned those hopes, at least for now: CEO Thorsten Heins told the press today that "we have a clear shot at being the number three platform on the market."
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “Canada”