BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Static
Guru

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by Static »

BlackBerry is still a decent gamble at this price. I'll get my money back, it is the opportunity cost incurred that ticks me off.
pandadude4

Post by pandadude4 »

I am going to buy BlackBerry Passport. Can any one tell me is this a good phone or not. I work as a sales person and i just need to attend so many calls so tell me is it of for me or not so that a good choice could be made....
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I love the phone. It isn't a toy app phone or one you let your kid use to keep quiet, but the dimensions make it a perfect fit for business applications. Reading, making documents, and emailing is far easier on the Passport than the iPhone. The camera is awesome and I prefer the BBM to text now.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:BlackBerry is still a decent gamble at this price. I'll get my money back, it is the opportunity cost incurred that ticks me off.

Interesting how both sentences above run totally counter to your implication that you do this professionally.......

"A decent gamble".....yeah, let's throw the dice. It's not a decent gamble and a pro doesn't gamble.

"It's the opportunity cost incurred" .......not recognizing when to get out, simply because you think you have to "get my money back", is the most important thing perhaps. More important than knowing when to get in. You really think sticking with it over the last year or two was worth it compared to what you could have done by bailing after it was apparent it was a non-performer?
This is the most telling statement. You have allowed your emotions to rule your investing.
Good luck with being able to wait until you "get your money back" because that means getting back to where you were, PLUS getting back to where you would have been by using your much touted average investment prowess.
You and 71 others Like this post
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

LANDM wrote:Interesting how both sentences above run totally counter to your implication that you do this professionally.......

"A decent gamble".....yeah, let's throw the dice. It's not a decent gamble and a pro doesn't gamble.

"It's the opportunity cost incurred" .......not recognizing when to get out, simply because you think you have to "get my money back", is the most important thing perhaps. More important than knowing when to get in. You really think sticking with it over the last year or two was worth it compared to what you could have done by bailing after it was apparent it was a non-performer?
This is the most telling statement. You have allowed your emotions to rule your investing.
Good luck with being able to wait until you "get your money back" because that means getting back to where you were, PLUS getting back to where you would have been by using your much touted average investment prowess.

Sorry, I should have said it was a good speculative play. Clearly, I expect more from the stock which I haven't sold it yet.. stock market investing is not rocket science LANDM. You should be able to figure that out on your own. Go back to RE which is a far "GREATER SPECULATIVE" investment (if you can call it that) today than BB. Quit nitpicking.

And yes, I still maintain and 89% success rate at picking stocks.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:Sorry, I should have said it was a good speculative play. Clearly, I expect more from the stock which I haven't sold it yet.. stock market investing is not rocket science LANDM. You should be able to figure that out on your own. Go back to RE which is a far "GREATER SPECULATIVE" investment (if you can call it that) today than BB. Quit nitpicking.

And yes, I still maintain and 89% success rate at picking stocks.

It's fascinating how, in your world, it has to be one or the other. Yet again, the extreme position that if one inhabits one world, they cannot inhabit another. I feel quite comfortable in both, thanks.

I'm not nitpicking......you are the one who claims to be the numbers guy. It should be obvious, if you are concerned that you are in a losing position, when you take lost opportunity into consideration. You are the one that referred to getting your money back and how far you are down on it. I'm merely pointing out that there is more to that than you indicated. It might be nitpicking to you but those are the facts.

And, that is so wonderful that you have a satisfactory success rate. Congratulations.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

^^^^ you're nitpicking
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

When faced with a person with a head full of nits, I guess I feel the need to do some picking. If you were to delouse your posts first, I wouldn't have the need to look for nits.

That is just lousy.

So, I will change it to......wow, you are correct. BB will, in fact, be the best investment ever and it is a great speculative play. It is soooo worth it to hold on to it and ride it out instead of taking the hit, along with a tax loss of value, and go into something that looks better as of this moment.
Because nothing looks better as of this moment. Nothing at all. It's the best. Mmmmhmmmm.
Everyone will reevaluate their phone buying and go for the handsome square technological marvel and BB will reestablish their dominance and rightful place in the cell phone universe. Their software and enterprise solutions will become adopted by all and provide infinite revenue streams. Life will be great for you and you can ramp your success rate up to 100%. Citizens of the world will marvel in disbelief and awe.

Wow, that is much easier than picking at those damned nits.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

LANDM wrote:When faced with a person with a head full of nits, I guess I feel the need to do some picking. If you were to delouse your posts first, I wouldn't have the need to look for nits.

That is just lousy.

So, I will change it to......wow, you are correct. BB will, in fact, be the best investment ever and it is a great speculative play. It is soooo worth it to hold on to it and ride it out instead of taking the hit, along with a tax loss of value, and go into something that looks better as of this moment.
Because nothing looks better as of this moment. Nothing at all. It's the best. Mmmmhmmmm.
Everyone will reevaluate their phone buying and go for the handsome square technological marvel and BB will reestablish their dominance and rightful place in the cell phone universe. Their software and enterprise solutions will become adopted by all and provide infinite revenue streams. Life will be great for you and you can ramp your success rate up to 100%. Citizens of the world will marvel in disbelief and awe.

Wow, that is much easier than picking at those damned nits.

You sound jealous that I know what I am talking about.

Why would I sell a stock I believe will increase? That is why I continue to hold onto the stock.
Last edited by Static on Apr 20th, 2015, 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

OK LANDM. Lets see where the average KLO house price is a year from now and BB shares. I will bet you BB will be the better investment, adjusted for costs.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:
You sound jealous that I know what I am talking about.

Why would I sell a stock I believe will increase? That is why I continue to hold onto the stock.

Oh, I am, I am. I am soooo jealous.

But, to answer your question, I would sell a stock that I believe will increase if I can get into something else that will outperform it. Pretty simple, isn't it. Didn't you say this was pretty easy.......and you couldn't figure that out?
Odd.

Now I have to drift off into my "I wish I was Static dream sequence".
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Static wrote:OK LANDM. Lets see where the average KLO house price is a year from now and BB shares. I will bet you BB will be the better investment, adjusted for costs.

LOL, we already had a bet on BB. What was that? Oh yeah, $30/share by the end of January of 2013 guaranteed.

Let's see, where is it now...Hahhahaha, still under $10.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

^^^It is $12.50.
Last edited by Static on Apr 21st, 2015, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

LANDM wrote:Oh, I am, I am. I am soooo jealous.

I know you are.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:
I know you are.

I know you know.

Return to “Canada”