BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

twobits
Guru

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by twobits »

Static wrote:That's a smart move Gordon. Once u pop u can't stop.

Ya, crack cocaine smartphones. Read somewhere recently that something like 47% of smartphone owners won't even go to the bathroom without taking their device with them. If that is the case it does not bode well for compliance with distracted driving laws! It is a sad statement on what our society has become when people can't even poop without being connected.

For the record, I am not part of that crowd and will never own a smartphone. I have a 12 yr old Nokia that doesn't even have a camera. If it wasn't for the business need of the phone function, I probably would leave it at home most of the time. I actually resent my cell phone in how it has created the ability and need for me to always be available to everyone. Refusing to buy a smartphone is my humble stand against gadget slavery.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Yep the only reason I have a cellphone is the company I work for so I took plain Jane model provided.
When I retire its staying at the office.

Those who need to get intouch can call my home phone leave voicemail or email me.
No way in hell I'm I ever going to be slave to any electronic devise.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

twobits wrote: I actually resent my cell phone in how it has created the ability and need for me to always be available to everyone.

I think there's still a few that share your sentiments, me being one of them.

Not only do I not feel obligated to make myself available 24/7/365, but I also firmly believe that just as was the case with cigarettes, there's much that will come to light, years later naturally, regarding the negative health aspects of cell phones.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

GordonH wrote:Yep the only reason I have a cellphone is the company I work for so I took plain Jane model provided.

Those who need to get intouch can call my home phone leave voicemail or email me.

Hmmmmm, with 6700 posts, it seems you may already be a slave to an electronic device.
You and 71 others Like this post
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Yep the only reason I have a cellphone is the company I work for so I took plain Jane model provided.

LANDM wrote:Hmmmmm, with 6700 posts, it seems you may already be a slave to an electronic device.

Sorry to disappoint you LANDM I'm not a slave to my computer. Thanks for update on my post total I'm only 34,651 behind the leader. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Captain Awesome wrote:Meh.

Nokia might be a better bet than RIMM.

Hmmmm, Nokia stock quadrupled since then.

And Blackberry stock is still in the toilet.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote: Hmmmm, Nokia stock quadrupled since then.

And Blackberry stock is still in the toilet.

And Static is still paying his landlord’s mortgage.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

steven lloyd wrote:[And Static is still paying his landlord’s mortgage.

aaawwww...is SL grumpy because he looks silly that he cant answer whether Bush Jr was the aggressor when he entered Iraq.

When it comes to the stock market, everyone takes a hit on some. But, at least I have an 80% success rate at picking stocks because without it, I wouldn't have more money than you did at my age.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Awww, the good old "I have more money than you" argument, the Excalibur of all Internet discussions.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Captain Awesome wrote:Awww, the good old "I have more money than you" argument, the Excalibur of all Internet discussions.

you bet......I stoop to his lows.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

I pick stocks with an 81% success rate and have more money than pretty much everyone at any age. But I do love my BlackBerry!
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Love my passport too
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Static wrote: When it comes to the stock market, everyone takes a hit on some. But, at least I have an 80% success rate at picking stocks because without it, I wouldn't have more money than you did at my age.

Ya, funny thing is (hope you don’t have to wait until you’re too old before you figure this out) that everyone spends a portion of their income on shelter. After that most of us also invest in the stock market through various instruments. The difference is that while some people are smart enough to be using the shelter portion of their income to also contribute to their equity, you’re using your shelter portion to help your landlord build equity. Any credible investment advisor will tell their clients to build a foundation before doing the crap shoot. You might have been lucky up to now, but with your youthful complacent arrogance there are bound to be many more Blackberries in your future – and you still won’t have any equity in your own home.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Static wrote:Love my passport too

Is it ISIL friendly ? :o)
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Is it ISIL friendly ? :o)
you seem to be :P