BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

twobits
Guru

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by twobits »

Static wrote:CIBC upgraded RIM 2 notches and doubled its price target... :sillygrin:

Of course they are, it was way oversold and they see a profit just like I did @ 9 and bought in. Thing is that this stock is a play now and not a hold. I will watch it closely and sell my shares when the hype and pump are over and then short them. This has been one of the easiest reads of a large cap in a long time
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Good luck on the short.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Twobits. You bought roughly around the same time you announce it a dead cat bounce? You didn't sound so positive on the stock, so why is u buy?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Static wrote:Twobits. You bought roughly around the same time you announce it a dead cat bounce? You didn't sound so positive on the stock, so why is u buy?

Strategic. I've been know to re-evaluate. I saw a play, I don't see a good stock.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Static
Guru

Post by Static »

...sure!
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I bet you were shorting today 2bits.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Sold all my RIM stock yesterday and bought Bombardier. Sold all my Bombardier today and bought RIM.

I wish.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

So do I
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Static wrote:I bet you were shorting today 2bits.

Sorry nope. Not a day trader. I'm still up. How are things looking for you? Just a tad red.

Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Still in the red, but sleeping well. It will be $40 sooner than later.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I actually had a chance to check out new Blackberry with BBX the other day - very briefly - I must say, it was rather impressive...
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Captain Awesome wrote:I actually had a chance to check out new Blackberry with BBX the other day - very briefly - I must say, it was rather impressive...

Where did you see it? I've heard good things about it. I will most likely make the switch and support Canadian business.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

A friend of mine works for Telus, they'll be carrying it apparently, so RIMM gave select few test models. It was a bit glitchy but it still run beta software. Apparently it runs Android apps.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

hmmm ill be getting the bb10 even if its junk so this is all sounding like good news . i dont think im gonna switch from berry any time soon . they last a long time work really good . even my old 8330 would still be good enuff if its all i had . i really do hope berry goes back to focus on business and high end users .
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

Well, BB10 is nothing if not high-end. Trouble is, that puts it smack in the sights of iPhone and other high-end phones put out by companies with much deeper pockets and reputations for pushing the envelope and matching the competition. At least Rim will have something to compete with for 2013; whether it can maintain that stance is questionable, and doubtful based on the history of the past 2-3 years, both in terms of offering competitive devices and delivering what it promises. And that is why Rim is such a long shot. And I'm not even going into the app ecosystem, which is an area we still don't know if BB10 can deliver on.

Rim stock will get a bounce when BB10 debuts as pent-up demand surfaces to snap them up, so anyone wanting to play that game, fill your boots. Beyond that, it's still a speculative buy, not an investment.
Last edited by Homeownertoo on Dec 9th, 2012, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014

Return to “Canada”