BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Static
Guru

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by Static »

Homeowner, you have made it clear that you are unable think for yourself. I still beleive I will double my money by 2014. Time will tell if I am right or wrong. Until then, stop being annoying. :sillygrin:

On the second thought, how about you tell me some stocks that I should buy, and we will see how they do by 2014. I bet you are too much of a chicken. The same for you 2bit. :popcorn:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Static - you are better off in gold right now, especially if the Dumocrats win another 4 years in the White House. They added $5 trillion in debt since Obama (his name be praised) took over and he's just getting warmed up. Gold should be around $3000 an ounce by 2016 when he's done.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Static - you are better off in gold right now, especially if the Dumocrats win another 4 years in the White House. They added $5 trillion in debt since Obama (his name be praised) took over and he's just getting warmed up. Gold should be around $3000 an ounce by 2016 when he's done.

I don't like gold because it doesnt pay dividends. RIM is the only non-dividend paying share I own. My veiw on Gold is that it is a function of the U.S. dollar. As the dollar declines, gold tends to increase. The decline in the dollar eats away at the return of gold for Canadian investors. The Loonie is up 40% from the beginning of the gold runnup, so Canadians must lower their return by that much. That does not mean Gold has not been a good investment over the last 8 years. I admit I completely missed the gold train though. I would consider it below $1000, but not today.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

This forum is about BB, not your alleged stock performance, which is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that you have focused almost exclusively on financials (when not bragging about your alleged stock-picking acumen) rather than product and market. And that is where Rim is in trouble. It has no phone to compete with the best of Apple and Android products. Its tablet is competitive with ipad2 and others currently out there. But it lags behind ipad3 and faces a raft of new Android ones this year that will have better specs and the full Android app universe.

What Rim needs is to score very well with BB10, bring out a 10-inch tablet to go head-to-head with ipad for the emerging business market of smartphone/tablet combinations, beefed-up tech specs on its current tablet (a dual-core processor is alright but it should torque it up, kick up the camera to 8 megapixels, perhaps add another gig of ram to Playbook so apps don't shut down automatically when multitasking, find a way to get skype on board, ensure its video store is comparable to Netflix, and generally make its OS2 more robust. If it can do all that by year-end (at latest), then it can keep playing with the big boys. Otherwise, it is doomed to filling the third-world market for low-end devices as businesses and high-end users migrate to devices with all the goodies and a great selection of apps.

But you don't understand any of this; you just think its got a great PE ratio and is adding subscribers in Indonesia so its future is assured. Keep drinking that Kool-Aid.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

we bought a Playbook, and the in-laws got one too, during the Boxing Week blow-outs. It was great sitting on the beach in Vietnam, conversing with them, in real time. We could see and hear them, utilizing the camera and microphone that is imbedded, and they could see and hear us, and the best part - it cost us nothing, as we were on Wifi. The Playbook works very well and it has a great form-factor. Of course, it isn't an Apple product, so therefore it must suck.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Homeownertoo wrote:This forum is about BB, not your alleged stock performance, which is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that you have focused almost exclusively on financials (when not bragging about your alleged stock-picking acumen) rather than product and market. And that is where Rim is in trouble. It has no phone to compete with the best of Apple and Android products. Its tablet is competitive with ipad2 and others currently out there. But it lags behind ipad3 and faces a raft of new Android ones this year that will have better specs and the full Android app universe.

What Rim needs is to score very well with BB10, bring out a 10-inch tablet to go head-to-head with ipad for the emerging business market of smartphone/tablet combinations, beefed-up tech specs on its current tablet (a dual-core processor is alright but it should torque it up, kick up the camera to 8 megapixels, perhaps add another gig of ram to Playbook so apps don't shut down automatically when multitasking, find a way to get skype on board, ensure its video store is comparable to Netflix, and generally make its OS2 more robust. If it can do all that by year-end (at latest), then it can keep playing with the big boys. Otherwise, it is doomed to filling the third-world market for low-end devices as businesses and high-end users migrate to devices with all the goodies and a great selection of apps.

But you don't understand any of this; you just think its got a great PE ratio and is adding subscribers in Indonesia so its future is assured. Keep drinking that Kool-Aid.

:dyinglaughing: I realize all that. The people running the company are very much smarter then you, thankfully. I do find it funny that you do not understand the significants of a stock with 75m customers trading below book value though.

Do you want to tell me a stock that will outperform RIM by 2014? Probably not eh? Seeing as you were a professional "financial advisor" whose job it was to sell garbage mutual funds to client so you can make your 4% commission. You probably do not know how to pick stocks properly. That is why you are wetting your Depends right now.

Out of curiousity, did your clients retire as well off as you? Oh wait, don't answer that, I will. Of course not. :sillygrin:

Come on smarty pants, tell me a stock brillaint one.
:cheerleader:

Edit to add: RIMS new phones will kick butt, guaranteed. Furthermore, the Playbook has much of the same specs as the Ipad3.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

since I have some big Vet bills someone tell me what is going to make me a quick couple of bucks. I'm thisclose to buying RIM based on what I'm reading here. TIA :)
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I own shares. It won't pop overnight though.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

The Green Barbarian wrote:we bought a Playbook, and the in-laws got one too, during the Boxing Week blow-outs. It was great sitting on the beach in Vietnam, conversing with them, in real time. We could see and hear them, utilizing the camera and microphone that is imbedded, and they could see and hear us, and the best part - it cost us nothing, as we were on Wifi. The Playbook works very well and it has a great form-factor. Of course, it isn't an Apple product, so therefore it must suck.

Yeah, but that real-time conversing only happened because both of you had PBs. It needs Skype.

Written from my PB.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

normaM wrote:since I have some big Vet bills someone tell me what is going to make me a quick couple of bucks. I'm thisclose to buying RIM based on what I'm reading here. TIA :)

You are reading the wrong posts.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

I confess I was a fool to think (once again) that static was capable of engaging in a civilized discussion. I'll let others decide who made the intelligent contributions to this forum. But as of now, I'm outta here.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Homeownertoo wrote:You are reading the wrong posts.

Hey smarty pants, do you have a stock you are going to challenge my RIM pick with? :boxer:
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Homeownertoo wrote:I confess I was a fool to think (once again) that static was capable of engaging in a civilized discussion. I'll let others decide who made the intelligent contributions to this forum. But as of now, I'm outta here.

Homeowner=====> :smt022 Static =======> :123:
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Static wrote:Homeowner=====> :smt022 Static =======> :123:

That's not childish at all.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Captain Awesome wrote:That's not childish at all.

CA======> :smt018 Static=======> [-(

Return to “Canada”