BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by Captain Awesome »

Static wrote:I find it funny markets put so much emphasis on the U.S. when Asia, which favors BB over iphone, is a much larger market.

Yes, but BB was cheap in Asia, unlike iPhone. There's a growing pressure on Apple right now to start making cheaper iPhones for Asian market to compete with Android devices that are very popular there. I'm not sure if coming up with $600 device will do much good in Asia - but that's just my opinion.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Parts of Asia are just as wealthy as we are. Money is no more an issue to these parts of Asia as they to NA. I am aware that iPhones and Androids have more market share than BB. That is because they had an outdated phone until now. The stock will be above $20 shortly. I think we are much closer to the floor than you think, Twobits. If you look at the chart, volume will peak within the next 2 days. Every peak in volume was followed by the next upswing. I got in at $12.30 today.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Static wrote:Just bought more shares in all my accounts.

Ouch... I think you're going to get stung. You should have waited or not bought again at all. It's a good phone, but I don't see it catching on with the general public. It's not revolutionary enough to get people to give up the vastly superior app and media selection that Android and iOS provide.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Time will prove me correct. It estimated a quarter of current users will upgrade to the new phone. Do the math.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Static wrote:Time will prove me correct. It estimated a quarter of current users will upgrade to the new phone. Do the math.

Care to put a time frame on that? Given enough time every BlackBerry user will either upgrade or leave the platform. If just 25% upgrade, that could mean 75% switch to another platform.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Sell 20M Within the next 2 years. I also beleive it will steal marketshare. It will not be the dominant one, but it will still make the company prosporous. I still anticipate the share price to be $40 by year end.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

The new BB is getting alot of positive feedback. BCE announced they shipped a record quantity of them.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Static wrote:The new BB is getting alot of positive feedback. BCE announced they shipped a record quantity of them.

Probably because they're shipping them for the first time!

j/k.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

:dyinglaughing: Perhaps you are right. I never thought of that.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

This would be a good enterance point IMO.
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

Balsillie just sold all his shares. Now THERE is a vote of confidence for you. RIP RIM. :)
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Spocky wrote:Balsillie just sold all his shares. Now THERE is a vote of confidence for you. RIP RIM. :)

Big deal. He is taking his money out just like Steve Jobs did when he left Apple. Shares are up, market thinks this is a good thing. Ballsilly no longer has voting rights in the company. Not to mention, this is old news. He did this before the release of the new phone.

Last, but not least, the current CEO purchased 134,000 shares on January 24th http://canadianinsider.com/node/7?menu_tickersearch=Research+In+Motion+Limited+%7C+BB . :nyah: RIP Spooky's business acumen. :sillygrin:
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

At the same time, Deutsche Bank‘s Brian Modoff, who has a Hold rating on BBRY stock, and an $8 price target, this morning wrote that he sees “improving checks” of sales of the company’s recently released Z10 handset in the U.K., but that there is “still a long way to go.”

That report, while not glowing, has some aspects that may be more positive for the company:

Over the past two days, we conducted another survey of carrier stores. We used the same 30 carrier stores in the UK, but this time added 30 carrier stores in Canada. The story from each geography was very different. In Canada, many stores reported being sold out of the Z10 and the sales force was well-versed on the device’s attributes; however, a few representatives told us that they did not receive a large initial inventory. In the UK, the sales force was better-versed on the feature sets relative to the week prior; however, no stores were sold out. We maintain our Hold as we think the initial signs of this launch do not indicate the strong sales we would like to see [...] In the UK, it appears that Blackberry is correcting the missteps in made in the first week. While this may not affect initial demand there, it will go a long way towards helping them gain mind-share with the consumer and hopefully that will translate into sales over the longer term. We will continue to monitor their progress there closely, but so far, we conclude that the sales in the region have been tepid.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

twobits wrote:At the same time, Deutsche Bank‘s Brian Modoff, who has a Hold rating on BBRY stock, and an $8 price target, this morning wrote that he sees “improving checks” of sales of the company’s recently released Z10 handset in the U.K., but that there is “still a long way to go.”

That report, while not glowing, has some aspects that may be more positive for the company:

Over the past two days, we conducted another survey of carrier stores. We used the same 30 carrier stores in the UK, but this time added 30 carrier stores in Canada. The story from each geography was very different. In Canada, many stores reported being sold out of the Z10 and the sales force was well-versed on the device’s attributes; however, a few representatives told us that they did not receive a large initial inventory. In the UK, the sales force was better-versed on the feature sets relative to the week prior; however, no stores were sold out. We maintain our Hold as we think the initial signs of this launch do not indicate the strong sales we would like to see [...] In the UK, it appears that Blackberry is correcting the missteps in made in the first week. While this may not affect initial demand there, it will go a long way towards helping them gain mind-share with the consumer and hopefully that will translate into sales over the longer term. We will continue to monitor their progress there closely, but so far, we conclude that the sales in the region have been tepid.

:coffeecanuck: OK, OK, your investment acumen shined today, Mr.2BitMBA. The fact that you share the opinion of an Analyst (most likely MBA'ed as well), working for one of the largest banks in the euro, who "... :sunshine: has a Hold rating on BBRY stock, and an $8 price target", provides ample evidence of your investment brilliance...NOT! :dyinglaughing: Please, Mr.MBA, why would you have a Hold on a 14 dollar stock you expect to fall to $8? :dyinglaughing:

:nyah: :ohmygod: :sadist: bad dog....go to bed
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

Static wrote:Big deal. He is taking his money out just like Steve Jobs did when he left Apple. Shares are up, market thinks this is a good thing. Ballsilly no longer has voting rights in the company. Not to mention, this is old news. He did this before the release of the new phone.

Last, but not least, the current CEO purchased 134,000 shares on January 24th http://canadianinsider.com/node/7?menu_tickersearch=Research+In+Motion+Limited+%7C+BB . :nyah: RIP Spooky's business acumen. :sillygrin:

Nope, I'm Spocky, but Spooky is how anyone can still try to convince themselves that BlackBerry has a future and actually keep their money in that stock. The Z10 should have been called the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz10. :dyinglaughing:
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.

Return to “Canada”