BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:LANDM has his grumpy pants on today. :purefury: Bedroom investment tycoon? I call it a home base business. Since you cannot debate te topic in an educated manor, there is no need for you to be here. :sillygrin:

What is to discuss regarding the first day sales? It is all here say until the financials are released. As I pointed out before, it is useless because both sides can find opinions and garbage surveys by useless brokers. Anyone can say they did their own surveys. But, do you really think employees are allowed to discuss how many sales their employers made? It is all garbage. Like is aid before, the financials will prove you wrong.

I save my grumpy pants, admittedly, for when I am brought into something incorrectly. When you decided to do "including you LANDM" and "it is obvious that...blah blah insults", then my grumpy pants walk out of the closet and put themselves on themselves.
As to what is to discuss about first day sales, I guess you have to ask the CEO of the company since he is the one saying they are the best ever. That goes beyond hearsay but you would know that wouldn't you? He isn't exactly considered to be a useless broker or someone doing their own survey, or giving out garbage. But you would know that wouldn't you?

I merely commented on what the CEO said and then you decided to unleash your little tirade.
Hi ho grumpy pants....away. <cue long ranger theme song>
You and 71 others Like this post
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Now now grumpy pants, perhpas it is nap time? :goodnight:

Edit to add: Another insider purchased 15,000 shares at $13.18. I hope he sells before it goes to $8. Isnt that right 2bitMBA? :smt008
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

It's quite amazing to see people who - by their own admission - deal with hundreds of thousands dollar portfolios, make quite important decisions around them, know a thing or two about accounting, yet behave like 12-year old kids.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Captain Awesome wrote:It's quite amazing to see people who - by their own admission - deal with hundreds of thousands dollar portfolios, make quite important decisions around them, know a thing or two about accounting, yet behave like 12-year old kids.

I was trying to go for the 11 year old, but I guess 12 is a start. :127:
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Took a short position today. This puppy is going down.

Sales of the new BlackBerry (BBRY) Z10 smartphone are trending far below estimates and threaten the company's bid for a turnaround, says a new report from Pacific Crest Securities analyst James Faucette.

The Z10 and a second new phone coming are seen as the key to turning around the struggling pioneer of smartphone technology, battered by competition from the Apple (APPL) iPhone and Google (GOOG) Android phones.

Faucette now says BlackBerry will ship 275,000 to 325,000 units this month, far below consensus estimates of about 1 million. Analyst Michael Walkley at Canaccord Genuity on Monday cut his shipment forecast to 300,000 Z10 units from his earlier estimate of 1.75 million, as IBD reported. Both investment banks rate the stock a sell.

Shares of BlackBerry were down 3% in midday trading Wednesday, near 14.

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/technology/02 ... z2LT4Aq7ll
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

twobits wrote:Took a short position today. This puppy is going down.

Sales of the new BlackBerry (BBRY) Z10 smartphone are trending far below estimates and threaten the company's bid for a turnaround, says a new report from Pacific Crest Securities analyst James Faucette.

The Z10 and a second new phone coming are seen as the key to turning around the struggling pioneer of smartphone technology, battered by competition from the Apple (APPL) iPhone and Google (GOOG) Android phones.

Faucette now says BlackBerry will ship 275,000 to 325,000 units this month, far below consensus estimates of about 1 million. Analyst Michael Walkley at Canaccord Genuity on Monday cut his shipment forecast to 300,000 Z10 units from his earlier estimate of 1.75 million, as IBD reported. Both investment banks rate the stock a sell.

Shares of BlackBerry were down 3% in midday trading Wednesday, near 14.

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/technology/02 ... z2LT4Aq7ll
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Hearsay. Good try though. :sillygrin:

Do the math Mr.2bitMBA, even if only 10% of existing customers (which is a very low estimate) upgrade their phones this year, they will sell 8 million phones. But since you are a Financial Professional, like the nobody you are quoting, I do not expect you to think for yourself. :discodance:

Edit to add: I too can look for opinions that complement my veiw on BB :sillygrin:

"BlackBerry Z10 has launched in Canada and the UK.On its launch day, Thorsten Heins (the CEO of BlackBerry) announced that it was more than 50% better than any other launch day in the history of BlackBerry in Canada. In the UK, the white Z10 is sold out (till Feb 18) through the Carphone Warehouse while other are also reporting strong sales. Off to a good start? Well, we’ll have to wait and see for that once BlackBerry Z10 launched in other geographies. Currently BlackBerry’s P/E ratios stand at 19.7x and when comparing their stock value on their launch day ($12.92) to their current value ($16-17), BlackBerry seems to be on the right course. What remains to be seen is how they follow up the Z10 and the Q10.
2013 will definitely be the year for BlackBerry to mount a serious comeback. They’ve started off the year by shrugging of skepticism and they’ve launched the Z10 successfully in UK and Canada. But they’ve still got a long way to go and 2013 is just the start of it. I, for one, would love to see them back as serious contenders because they always did make awesome devices, regardless of how they were positioned and marketed. But all said and done, this is a new start for them and if they get their strategy right, then their name will definitely be placed next to Robert Downey Jr … Sorry, I meant Apple.

http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/return-of-the-berry-research-in-motion-ltd-bbry-68551/2/

another one, only this time by reputable Jefferies.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/02/research-in-motion-ltd-bbry-bb10-gets-nod-of-approval-from-jefferies/
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

"Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) went up 0.15% to $13.76 on a traded volume of 13.13 million shares. Goldman Sachs has a buy rating on BBRY with a target of $19. Jefferies reiterated buy rating with a target of $19.50. Research In Motion Limited is a designer, manufacturer, and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market
SBWire (http://s.tt/1A4wt)"

Static========> :smt008 <=========2Bit
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Another one for you 2Bits.

http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/dont-pay-too-much-attention-to-research-in-motion-ltd-bbrys-blackberry-sales-rumors-70517/

" The smartphone market is massive, and Research In Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) BlackBerry only needs to secure a small niche (perhaps 5% of the market) to justify a much higher share price. With nearly 20 million devoted BlackBerry fans in the U.K., U.S., and Canada, the company is virtually assured of seeing a strong upgrade cycle this year. To remain relevant thereafter, all the company needs to do is convert a small percentage of iPhone and Android users in the next few years. "
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:Another one for you 2Bits.

http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/dont-pay-too-much-attention-to-research-in-motion-ltd-bbrys-blackberry-sales-rumors-70517/

" The smartphone market is massive, and Research In Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) BlackBerry only needs to secure a small niche (perhaps 5% of the market) to justify a much higher share price. With nearly 20 million devoted BlackBerry fans in the U.K., U.S., and Canada, the company is virtually assured of seeing a strong upgrade cycle this year. To remain relevant thereafter, all the company needs to do is convert a small percentage of iPhone and Android users in the next few years. "

Thats funny because I went to your link and it said this....and this is a cut and paste from exactly where it took me:

"In the first week after Research In Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY)'s BlackBerry launched its new Z10 smartphone, many analysts and observers claimed that early sales in the U.K. and Canada (two of BlackBerry's top three markets) were very strong. More recently, though, sentiment has been turning against Research In Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) BlackBerry. Several analysts have issued bearish forecasts for Z10 sales, arguing that initial sellouts were due to low unit shipments rather than high demand.

Investors should try not to get too worked up about the sales rumors that have been flying around Wall Street. First, there is no way to judge the accuracy of these rumors; we will not know the true level of device shipments until Research In Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) BlackBerry reports earnings next month. Second, the other device BlackBerry has announced -- the Q10 QWERTY keyboard model -- will not go on sale until next quarter. Since the keyboard is a major attraction for BlackBerry's biggest fans, it is likely that many are waiting for the Q10.
The latest rumors
On Wednesday, Pacific Crest analyst James Faucette stated that his checks point to roughly 300,000 BB10 unit shipments in the current quarter, below the consensus of about 1 million units. Furthermore, he expects only 1 million to 1.5 million shipments next quarter, below consensus of 3 million to 4 million. Another bearish analyst, Michael Walkley of Canaccord Genuity, wrote on Tuesday that BB10 devices are not likely to sell well because they will have the same subsidized price of $199 as Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)'s iPhone 5 and Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S IV."
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Yor point? Bearish Analysts are using these useless and baseless reports to place downward pressure on the stock because they are shorting it. If one looks at the charts, this is very obvious based on the volume. I still think there will be a huge improvement in earnings reported next month(I will most likely be right :nyah: ).
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Just keep pumping it PJ trader. It won't change reality. I could cover right now and be a grand ahead but I'll wait.

3 Stocks Pushing The Technology Sector Lower

By TheStreet Wire 02/22/13 - 12:05 PM EST

2. As of noon trading, Research in Motion (RIMM) is down $0.42 (-3.1%) to $13.46 on light volume Thus far, 20.3 million shares of Research in Motion exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 54.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $13.26-$13.98 after having opened the day at $13.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.88.

Research In Motion Limited designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions for the mobile communications market worldwide. Research in Motion has a market cap of $6.8 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are up 9.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Research in Motion a buy, 15 analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold.
TheStreet Ratings rates Research in Motion as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins

:sillygrin:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:Yor point? Bearish Analysts are using these useless and baseless reports to place downward pressure on the stock because they are shorting it. If one looks at the charts, this is very obvious based on the volume. I still think there will be a huge improvement in earnings reported next month(I will most likely be right :nyah: ).

My point is obvious. I pulled up the link that you gave as a bullish report and it was not that at all. End of story.

The other underlying point is that there are bulls and bears issuing reports qnd hqving opinions on the stock and the only thing that will matter is who makes the money at the end of the day, month, or year.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

:sillygrin:
LANDM wrote:My point is obvious. I pulled up the link that you gave as a bullish report and it was not that at all. End of story.

The other underlying point is that there are bulls and bears issuing reports qnd hqving opinions on the stock and the only thing that will matter is who makes the money at the end of the day, month, or year.

Since you are unable to think for yourself, your posts mean nothing. Do you really think these 3 analysts have anymore data than you or I? Furthermore, please look into these analysts track record and you will see they rarely know what they are talking about.

Read peoples comments at the bottom of articles about RIM in the G&M and the Financial Post. The consumer, who has far more credibility that these analysts, are leaving very bullish notes about the phone.

Like I said, the financials will prove all of you wrong.

P.S. Landm, are you going to give me your analysis of RIMS financials? No? Thought so....Troll :sillygrin:
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:[quote="LANDM"My point is obvious. I pulled up the link that you gave as a bullish report and it was not that at all. End of story.

The other underlying point is that there are bulls and bears issuing reports qnd hqving opinions on the stock and the only thing that will matter is who makes the money at the end of the day, month, or year./quote]

Since you are unable to think for yourself, your posts mean nothing. Do you really think these 3 analysts know anymore data than you or I? Furthermore, please look into these analysts track record and you will see they rarely know what they are talking about.[/quote]

And since you don't realize that the upward or downward movement on a stock is heavily dependent on factors outside of the base financials (perception vs reality sometimes), you have certainly shown that your claimed knowledge of the market and the forces that influence it is much more limited than you think.
Once again, you state things as fact when you are actually stating your opinion. That's great but you seem to not recognize the difference.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

LANDM wrote:And since you don't realize that the upward or downward movement on a stock is heavily dependent on factors outside of the base financials (perception vs reality sometimes), you have certainly shown that your claimed knowledge of the market and the forces that influence it is much more limited than you think.
Once again, you state things as fact when you are actually stating your opinion. That's great but you seem to not recognize the difference.

I am well aware that stock prices are able to move contrary to company fundamentals. That is why I am laughing at the sheeple, such as yourself and Mr.2bitMBA. Since you are so knowledgable, please explain RIMS price movement in relation to the company financials...if you know how to read them.

P.S. fundamentals always dictate over the longrun.

Check out the veiws of the BB10 on Phonedog. Of course the end user knows nothing.

http://www.phonedog.com/products/blackberry-z10-black-cdma/user-reviews/ :cheerleader:

Something I didnt realize about the new BB

http://www.thegadgetmasters.com/2013/02/22/blackberry-10-is-poised-to-take-on-nintendo-wii-u-xbox-720-and-playstation-4/ Pretty cool.

Return to “Canada”