BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:"Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) went up 0.15% to $13.76 on a traded volume of 13.13 million shares. Goldman Sachs has a buy rating on BBRY with a target of $19. Jefferies reiterated buy rating with a target of $19.50. Research In Motion Limited is a designer, manufacturer, and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market
SBWire (http://s.tt/1A4wt)"

Static========> :smt008 <=========2Bit

Since you are so eager to pounce on the slightest movement up, I assume you are just as eager to apply your wonderful emoticon usage to today's activity. :127:

BlackBerry (TSX:BB). Wireless technology. Down 65 cents, or 4.60 per cent, at $13.48 on 4,961,335 shares. MKM Partners downgraded the smartphone maker to a sell rating from a neutral one, citing lower likelihood of success for the new BlackBerry 10 operating system and lowered their price target from US$12 to $10 over the next 12 months. The company, formerly known as Research In Motion, dragged the information technology sector down 0.38 per cent to 28.77 points, making the sector the biggest decliner on the TSX.
You and 71 others Like this post
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

LANDM wrote:Since you are so eager to pounce on the slightest movement up, I assume you are just as eager to apply your wonderful emoticon usage to today's activity. :127:

BlackBerry (TSX:BB). Wireless technology. Down 65 cents, or 4.60 per cent, at $13.48 on 4,961,335 shares. MKM Partners downgraded the smartphone maker to a sell rating from a neutral one, citing lower likelihood of success for the new BlackBerry 10 operating system and lowered their price target from US$12 to $10 over the next 12 months. The company, formerly known as Research In Motion, dragged the information technology sector down 0.38 per cent to 28.77 points, making the sector the biggest decliner on the TSX.

:nyah: That is old news my friend. Go back and find the overwieght and outperform analyst predictions I have found. I read somewhere that 40% of current BB users intend to upgrade to the new phone. That equates to 30 million phones. :nyah: Not saying I agree or disagree, but, I do expect sales in the millions by year end. :cheerleader:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I'm enjoying seating back and watch this thread as BB goes up against 2 main players in Smartphones, I'm talking about Samsung & Apple.

Oh I really don't give a damn who wins or loses, since have absolutely no use for smartphone.............. lets see the race to the bottom........ Ooops...top.

lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

GordonH wrote:I'm enjoying seating back and watch this thread as BB goes up against 2 main players in Smartphones, I'm talking about Samsung & Apple.

Oh I really don't give a damn who wins or loses, since have absolutely no use for smartphone.............. lets see the race to the bottom........ Ooops...top.

lol

BB has a niche market and they most recently entered the toy smartphone market that Apple and Samsung compete in. I do not expect BB to be #1 or #2 in this market. When one considers that intangbles have been 90% of their losses over the past two years, plus they eliminated $1b from its operation expenses this year (these will start to show up in Q1 earnings), the company is decent shape without the new phones. When a company can still bank $100M cash quarterly, it tells investors the company is not in trouble. I still hold to my beleif the company is undervalued.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

:200: OMG Some really positive articles on RIM

Why 2013 Is RIM's BlackBerry Year http://www.cio.com/article/724827/Why_2013_Is_RIM_s_BlackBerry_Year

Why Samsung Won't Beat Blackberry in the Mobile Enterprise http://www.cio.com/article/729274/Why_Samsung_Won_t_Beat_Blackberry_in_the_Mobile_Enterprise

2BitMBA =========> :whisperer: <========== LANDM "...don't worry 2Butts, analysts said it was going to fail so it will. :computerating: Besides, these authors appear to think for themselves....I think we should hunt them down and kill them. Damn those people who debate with their own rational thought...they should all be eliminated.... :vampire: "

:lurkieloos: 2Bit ===========> " you are totally correct Master LANDM, someting must be done. :evil: I will get the horses ready....Regulators, mount up! " :ridemcowboy:
LANDM =============> :fried: <============== Static
2Bits: " NNNOooooooooooooooo :crocodiletears: I will get you Static...you are dead....aaaahhhhhh" :smt014
Static: ======> :fence: <======== 2BIT
Little does 2Bit know that Static called for some backup on his brandnew Z10 on Blackberrys secure network.
Statics backup =========> :smt070 :smt063 <=======2Bit " my damn obslolete iphone does not work :7500: I should have listened to Static. I need hardware that takes care of business and that allows for Angry Birds" :runforlife: "I'm sorry Static, you were right all along!" :chased:

What could have been if he only listened the first time :128:
:130:
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Very nice!!
Although you still don't get it.....I actually WANT rim to succeed. I have used blackberries for years and still do. I just don't share your certainty that they can pull it off. And I don't share the notion that just because you are supremely confident that they will get up to $40, that they actually will.
I too hope you are right but they are facing an uphill battle that mere financials cannot get them through. If you have the market background that you claim, you will have seen this before too.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Financials is all that matters at the end of the day in the stock market. Profits! I'm not sure what I am supposed to have seen before in the market, please explain. I am willing to bet the company will have sold at least 1.5m phones by the end of March. The analyst predicting 300,000 is a complete moron who lacks common sense. They will have sold 300k in Canada alone.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

BlackBerry 10 sales faster-than-expected: CEO Tho[url]
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/25/blackberry-10-sales-faster-than-expected-ceo-thorsten-heins
“We are above our own expectations and our target was thoroughly ambitious,” Heins said, adding that he was checking the sales figures every day.

“The fact is, we were surprised by the good reaction and we’ve increased our production capacity in the meantime,” Heins added.

:sillygrin:
Please not the article was written by a reputable source, not some nobody Analyst from MKM PMS Partners.

[b]BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 Production Capacity Increased

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-z10-q10-production-capacity-increased/

:discodance:
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Without quantification it is, unfortunately, meaningless other than being a feel good positive statement.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

LANDM wrote:Without quantification it is, unfortunately, meaningless other than being a feel good positive statement.

You do not find Reuters a reputable source? I do. How is it a feel good statment. He is simply hinting at the sales which appear to be doing well. :sosorry: to make you look clueless....again. :zooooom:

One must not forget that the CEO could be charged if he misguides investors by releasing bullish statements when they are not true.

The stock will start moving closer to $18 by the earning release date and will pop once shortly after the release.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:quote="LANDM"]Without quantification it is, unfortunately, meaningless other than being a feel good positive statement.[/quote

You do not find Reuters a reputable source? I do. How is it a feel good statment. He is simply hinting at the sales which appear to be doing well. :sosorry: to make you look clueless....again. :zooooom:

One must not forget that the CEO could be charged if he misguides investors by releasing bullish statements when they are not true.

The stock will start moving closer to $18 by the earning release date and will pop once shortly after the release.

Do you not know what Reuters is? Why would you even think that there is any comment on that?

Try reading what I said again.

Ok, actually maybe you need translation for obvious things that I thought you may be able to understand. Here it is in a language that even you can grasp. Haven't had to speak to little kids (or Tarzan) in a long time but here goes:

Big blackberry man say good things. Big blackberry man use no numbers. Good things he say make stupid people feel good. Using numbers bad thing. People get mad if he use numbers now so he stay far away from numbers. Static have trouble with ABC's. Static think everything good with blackberry because big blackberry man say so. Static think everyone else bad. Static no think good.

How's that? Better now?
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Totally misread your comment, my bad.

LANDM grumpy. LANDM only listen to one side. LANDM knows he will be the stupid man. :banana:

"Heins then added from the initial success, “We have now increased our production capacity.” He didn’t cite a number but noted, “I will not reveal at the moment. But I can say this much: significant for us and unexpectedly high proportion of BlackBerry 10 devices will be purchased by new customers who previously had iPhones or Android smartphones.”"

LANDM already look silly.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

Meanwhile, out in the third world, where some people think BB's salvation lies, in India, Z10s have just gone on sale. Price : 43,500 rupee; SG3s are under 30,000 rupees and Note 2s are 37,500.

Yup, lots of Indians (and other third-worlders) can afford more than an engineer's monthly salary for a phone, when the competition is priced way lower.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Homeownertoo wrote:Meanwhile, out in the third world, where some people think BB's salvation lies, in India, Z10s have just gone on sale. Price : 43,500 rupee; SG3s are under 30,000 rupees and Note 2s are 37,500.

Yup, lots of Indians (and other third-worlders) can afford more than an engineer's monthly salary for a phone, when the competition is priced way lower.

I agree wiht you that it is expensive for the average Indian. It will not be a big market for them. But, if you were able to think rationally and intelligently, you would have looked into how many iPhone5's , priced at $45,500 Rupees, sold. The phone sold just fine. :sillygrin:

I dont even know why you come back to this thread. You have proven time and time again that you are unable to think for yourself. Nobody is surprised though. Afterall, your were a Professional Financial Salesman...oops I mean Advisor. :sadist:

Go away Homeowner. :goodnight: You consistently make yourself look like a fool. :nukeem:
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:Totally misread your comment, my bad.

No problem.....apology accepted.

Return to “Canada”