BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by Captain Awesome »

Static wrote:So CA, what stocks would you recommend?

Blackberry! I heard from a good source it's going to $40 by the end of the year guaranteed.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I doubt it. Your sources suck. :) December 20 earnings report will be brutal with 1 time charges from downsizing but there will be a substantial increase in the number of companies testing the BES. The z30 should also show decent sales.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

He speaks the truth, I know at least one person that loves their Blackberry.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

atenbacon wrote:He speaks the truth, I know at least one person that loves their Blackberry.

Lol....thats a good one.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

"BlackBerry posted a loss of US$4.4 billion or $8.37 a share, down from a profit of $9 million or two cents a share a year ago. Ex-items, earnings were $353 million or 67 cents a share, 23 cents below estimates. Revenue of $1.2 billion missed estimates of $1.6 billion. But its shares gained 3.5 per cent in pre-market trading in New York as BlackBerry also said it finished the quarter with $3.2 billion in cash, and expects that strong cash position to continue in the current quarter. The firm also announced it had entered into a five-year strategic partnership with Foxconn to make phones in Indonesia and other fast-growing markets."

Well gosh, nyuk nyuk, I don't know anything about these newfangled fynanshul statements, but I bet someone on here can figger out that these are really good results for Blackberry.......aren't they?

And it's up 3.5%.......does that mean it's at $40 now? Or do we have to wait aaaaaalllllll the way to the end of the year? 11 days left!
Someone.....hmmmm, who was it, said:
"Oh professional Financial Advisor, perhaps you need to listen to this young buck.
1 for Static. 0 for Homeowner and many more. :nyah: S-M-R-T , I am so smart. :sillygrin:"

Tip number 42: never take investment advice from someone who thinks they are so smart but can't spell smart.
You and 71 others Like this post
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Cash burn was less than anticipated. Still sold over 5m phones. Majority of losses where intangibles and one-time from slashing workforce by nearly 50%. It's turning around. Insider are buying. Looking good.

Don't worry, I don't expect anyone to understand this.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

:)
Always good to see good cheer at Christmas!!
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Static wrote:Cash burn was less than anticipated. Still sold over 5m phones. Majority of losses where intangibles and one-time from slashing workforce by nearly 50%. It's turning around. Insider are buying. Looking good.

Its not turning around until they can recapture public interest, This will not happen without innovation. I fear Apple is about to have a similar challenge now that Jobs has passed away (a period without major innovation) and it will be interesting to see what the future holds, and how much of a player Samsung will continue to be.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:Cash burn was less than anticipated. Still sold over 5m phones. Majority of losses where intangibles and one-time from slashing workforce by nearly 50%. It's turning around. Insider are buying. Looking good.

According to BB, they sold under 5m phones (4.3m) of which 3.2m were the old BB7 platform......this included phone recognized previously......1.9m were hardware revenue recognized in the 3rd quarter........and the entire financial statements were negative.......but don't worry, I wouldn't expect emotional investors to understand this. :)

I wonder if ones hands get smelly when they try to shine a *bleep*? Blech
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

University of Waterloo buys BlackBerry buildings, land for $41 million
Published on Fri Dec 20 2013

WATERLOO, ONT.—The University of Waterloo has purchased five buildings and land from BlackBerry for $41 million.

The deal, which is expected to close Feb. 14, will add an additional 300,000 square feet and more than 1,000 parking spaces to the school’s property holdings.

The university said Friday that it plans on using three of the buildings as soon as the deal closes, while the remaining two will be leased to the smartphone maker for up to five years.

“The University of Waterloo has set a course to become one of the world’s top innovation universities and we must ensure that we have the space to meet that challenge,” Feridun Hamdullahpur, the university’s president and vice-chancellor, said in a statement.

“We are growing, and the opportunity to purchase buildings so close to campus allows us to meet current space challenges that will help us better meet the needs of the campus community.”

The university campus is located next door to the sprawling BlackBerry headquarters in Waterloo.

The announcement came the same day the struggling tech giant posted a quarterly loss of US$4.4 billion or $8.37 a share, down from a profit of $9 million or two cents a share a year ago.

Poor sales of its new BlackBerry 10 devices sent revenue tumbling 56 per cent from a year ago to US$1.2 billion, which was $400 million lower than expected. Adjusted losses from continuing operations were US$354 million, or 67 cents per share — 23 cents below analyst estimates.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2013/12 ... llion.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

It's a smart move to sell the asset because they no longer need the space and the asset value is close to its peak.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hmm....... jumping ship, http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/105 ... lls-shares in 7 days shares will be selling at $40 a share lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Static wrote:It's turning around. Insider are buying. Looking good.

Mike Lazaridis just doesn't understand.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Big deal.

Return to “Canada”